Sponsored

Anyone else's dealer just clueless or not helpful?

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe my expectations are being too high and I shouldn't set the bar by what I see here on the forums, but my dealer has been absolutely useless during my whole order process.

The order process itself was a joke, and the salesmen had zero knowledge of the Broncos, their options, or what might affect the production timing. I also asked if they had any AMB cars on the lot or if they had a paint sample, and they brought me a book with the color printed on a glossy magazine page, which was the equivalent of pulling a blue crayon out of the box and saying "see, this is BLUE." It's not in any way representative of the color on the car... but whatever if they don't have it they don't have it, but I was nervous ordering a vehicle in a highly debated color that I had never seen in person.

The latest ineptitude is starting to push me over the edge, and again maybe my high expectations are the problem, not them. I reached out to them asking if they could tell me my status code or tell me what my order in line was in their other confirmed Bronco orders, and they got back to me essentially saying "We don't know, you will probably know something before we do."

Are they idiots, are they giving me the run around, or is this information not normally actually shared with customers and their behavior is more typical?
Sponsored

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they idiots, are they giving me the run around, or is this information not normally actually shared with customers and their behavior is more typical?
I'm going to go with choice D - all of the above.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe my expectations are being too high and I shouldn't set the bar by what I see here on the forums, but my dealer has been absolutely useless during my whole order process.

The order process itself was a joke, and the salesmen had zero knowledge of the Broncos, their options, or what might affect the production timing. I also asked if they had any AMB cars on the lot or if they had a paint sample, and they brought me a book with the color printed on a glossy magazine page, which was the equivalent of pulling a blue crayon out of the box and saying "see, this is BLUE." It's not in any way representative of the color on the car... but whatever if they don't have it they don't have it, but I was nervous ordering a vehicle in a highly debated color that I had never seen in person.

The latest ineptitude is starting to push me over the edge, and again maybe my high expectations are the problem, not them. I reached out to them asking if they could tell me my status code or tell me what my order in line was in their other confirmed Bronco orders, and they got back to me essentially saying "We don't know, you will probably know something before we do."

"We don't know, you will probably know something before we do." This sounds right. Unless they're willing to dig deep, your emails from Ford are your best resource...

OP
OP

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"We don't know, you will probably know something before we do." This sounds right. Unless they're willing to dig deep, your emails from Ford are your best resource...
But knowing what place I am in line compared to their other confirmed orders and my status code is something ONLY they can tell, that stuff doesn't get emailed to me from Ford. I'm looking for any indication at all of my place in line beyond my reservation time stamp.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds about par for the course for most dealers. You have a very early reservation, so you are in better shape then most people here.
AMB looks great, was my second color choice.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine is pretty stupid. Never called me to order, I just showed up 2 days before the deadline. Never called when their demo came in, I had to call and ask. They’re letting me have it for a few hours today atleast. Another local dealer has their demo and is refusing test drives. They’re telling everyone it’s a preproduction unit but they’re taking bids on it to sell in 6 months. At this point I consider myself more knowledgeable in bronco ordering than any local dealer.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But knowing what place I am in line compared to their other confirmed orders and my status code is something ONLY they can tell, that stuff doesn't get emailed to me from Ford. I'm looking for any indication at all of my place in line beyond my reservation time stamp.
The dealership cannot give you any indication beside your time stamp. Only Ford knows when you will be built. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for the email from Ford. Hope you get one soon.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
they don't want to spend time on a $50 deal

OP
OP

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is pretty stupid. Never called me to order, I just showed up 2 days before the deadline. Never called when their demo came in, I had to call and ask. They’re letting me have it for a few hours today atleast. Another local dealer has their demo and is refusing test drives. They’re telling everyone it’s a preproduction unit but they’re taking bids on it to sell in 6 months. At this point I consider myself more knowledgeable in bronco ordering than any local dealer.
Oof, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I need to consider myself lucky I'm getting what I'm getting, I guess.

I test drove my dealer's 4dr Badlands soft top on Monday, it was awesome. I'm 100% in love but it's making the wait even harder.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you you're not alone. My dealership is worthless and won't tell me anything about their Bronco orders or where I stand in line, and I too have a reservation from the 13th about two hours in. Frustrating, but I'm over it. Just hoping to get that magical unicorn email from Ford some day soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership cannot give you any indication beside your time stamp. Only Ford knows when you will be built. Unfortunately you'll have to wait for the email from Ford. Hope you get one soon.
But other folks are getting information such as whether they are code 99'd, or if their build is considered buildable from their dealers. If I knew I was 99'd I'd at least be able to let go of hope for a bit and not die a tiny death every Thursday. They're also being told that their dealership had X amount of orders, and they are Y place in line based on timestamp. ANYTHING would be better than what they have given.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oof, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I need to consider myself lucky I'm getting what I'm getting, I guess.

I test drove my dealer's 4dr Badlands soft top on Monday, it was awesome. I'm 100% in love but it's making the wait even harder.
Yep the test drive today will be the deciding factor if my wife wants it or not. If she does it stays rapid red if not lightning blue and it will get flipped. there are no emails this week btw just rousing people on the other thread.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, mine. I have a confirmed reservation 7/14 and also an order- E Mails received from Ford. Nothing else. Don't have the sheet from the dealer with a code "99" or whatever. I E Mailed the sales guy 2 weeks ago about obtaining it, no response at all.

Also back earlier this year when dealers had demos in to see them I received an E mail late at night from my dealer to register- I promptly signed up at 6 AM next morning when I saw the E Mail- all spots were taken no exceptions. So have not even seen one in person.

So very much in the dark other than the information from this forum.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the suck. Most dealers don’t give a sh*t and they don’t care that we know they don’t give a sh*t. I am dealing with same thing at my dealer. They just say, you had an early reservation right? Yaa, kinda, 48 hours after reveal. Okay, ya, you will be a MY21. 1, they say it but we both know they can’t guarantee that, and 2, I have turned to peppering them about how many FE orders or WT orders they have. I figure those builds will be prioritized ahead of my Badlands sas with mic. Sounds like they had no FE’s and maybe a couple WT’s, so I deduce that once the flood gates open at MAP I will hopefully get an email shortly after.
Sponsored