Sponsored

Anyone else's dealer tell them that the vinyl seats with the MIC top is late availability?

Ackjass24

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Cruz Diesel & 1984 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer just called and the Ford rep just left the dealership. He told me the rep said that the combination of marine grade vinyl seats with the MIC top makes it late availability.... this is the first I've heard of this... why would the default options on a Badlands make it late availability?
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes little sense based on everything else...or common sense.

OP
OP
Ackjass24

Ackjass24

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes little sense based on everything else...or common sense.
I completely agree. I didn't get to talk to the rep myself, so I'm hoping my dealer misunderstood. But I had him call the rep and call me back, and he said the rep confirmed it. Hopefully it was just a brain fart or the rep is misunderstanding something

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So my dealer just called and the Ford rep just left the dealership. He told me the rep said that the combination of marine grade vinyl seats with the MIC top makes it late availability.... this is the first I've heard of this... why would the default options on a Badlands make it late availability?
Sounds like the dealer didn't was confused by Mod top = delayed, MIC top = free headliner unless MGV in which case you have to specify headliner to get it free. Maybe the if you have MGV you need to change your order by today to get the headliner somehow confused them.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the rep was talking about the vinyl and mic dual top option?

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely agree. I didn't get to talk to the rep myself, so I'm hoping my dealer misunderstood. But I had him call the rep and call me back, and he said the rep confirmed it. Hopefully it was just a brain fart or the rep is misunderstanding something
I could see either one being a commodity restraint, but the combo having any impact makes no sense, unless I'm missing something.

OP
OP
Ackjass24

Ackjass24

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope so. Cuz I'm number one at my dealership by timestamp. I told him to leave both on there.

OP
OP
Ackjass24

Ackjass24

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope so. Cuz I'm number one at my dealership by timestamp. I told him to leave both on there.
That makes the most sense to me. Zack is likely right on this, as I don't see how the other two items are related in anyway.
It didn't make any sense to me... not gonna lie though. That phone call was a little depressing

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously - that's the only thing that makes sense. There is nothing about that combo that would seem to create a late availability issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ackjass24

Ackjass24

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least I'm not the only one that this makes zero sense to. Hopefully one of those guys just got something mixed up

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. they also told me my VIN number...

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just worked at a dealership for just over 2 months (left today to focus on real estate) and Iā€™ll relate a conversation I had with the sales person in charge of all the Bronco orders:

Him: are you getting the MIC top? Because thatā€™s going to delay your order I think.
Me (a giant nerd who is on this site all the damn time): I am getting the MIC but are you sure about that? I know the Modular black top is late availability.

I proceeded to explain why my standard MIC hard top on my two door was not going to delay my order based on everything Iā€™d read here and confirmed it was a momentary brain fart he was having and he was confusing the terms. Iā€™d wager thatā€™s happening in this case too.

I was at the St. Louis auto show today and the reps there seemed pretty well versed, but it also seemed like some of them were working from a recent training manual that hasnā€™t been sent to dealers yet (lines about the trim for every lifestyle and such). Bottom line: thereā€™s a ton of info to digest about the Bronco. Dealers are bound to mix up a few things. Stay vigilant! (Oh and keep bugging them about adding the headliner for free if you have the MGV. It does it automatically for them on the builds that donā€™t have the vinyl which weā€™ve now seen happen).

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's how we'll know for sure. If Ford changes up the dealer showcase events, and we see people only posting photos of those 11 gas cans again - we'll know the shit has hit the fan.

OP
OP
Ackjass24

Ackjass24

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just worked at a dealership for just over 2 months (left today to focus on real estate) and Iā€™ll relate a conversation I had with the sales person in charge of all the Bronco orders:

Him: are you getting the MIC top? Because thatā€™s going to delay your order I think.
Me (a giant nerd who is on this site all the damn time): I am getting the MIC but are you sure about that? I know the Modular black top is late availability.

I proceeded to explain why my standard MIC hard top on my two door was not going to delay my order based on everything Iā€™d read here and confirmed it was a momentary brain fart he was having and he was confusing the terms. Iā€™d wager thatā€™s happening in this case too.

I was at the St. Louis auto show today and the reps there seemed pretty well versed, but it also seemed like some of them were working from a recent training manual that hasnā€™t been sent to dealers yet (lines about the trim for every lifestyle and such). Bottom line: thereā€™s a ton of info to digest about the Bronco. Dealers are bound to mix up a few things. Stay vigilant! (Oh and keep bugging them about adding the headliner for free if you have the MGV. It does it automatically for them on the builds that donā€™t have the vinyl which weā€™ve now seen happen).
Yeah. I made sure the headliner was added and had him give me a printout of my build
Sponsored