Sponsored

Anyone else's dealer tell them that the vinyl seats with the MIC top is late availability?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(Oh and keep bugging them about adding the headliner for free if you have the MGV. It does it automatically for them on the builds that don’t have the vinyl which we’ve now seen happen).
I can't believe I'm going to say I actually see a rational way in which the combo causes a delay, but...if all MIC tops are getting the headliners except the ones for washout interiors who don't select them, could that be a piece of what they're indicating?

Maybe the headliners are being installed at the top factory or something and they are having them all done that way, until a bit later when they can get more tops?

Would be weird, but it's the only connection between the MGV and the top I can come up with that would make that combo "special"...
Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m thinking there may be something with the MIC top. All the dealer shows are soft tops.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe I'm going to say I actually see a rational way in which the combo causes a delay, but...if all MIC tops are getting the headliners except the ones for washout interiors who don't select them, could that be a piece of what they're indicating?

Maybe the headliners are being installed at the top factory or something and they are having them all done that way, until a bit later when they can get more tops?

Would be weird, but it's the only connection between the MGV and the top I can come up with that would make that combo "special"...
I think you're right, MGV with no headliner could be delayed as that's the exception.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything I’ve heard indicates the reason you have to add the headliner to the build with MGV seats is simply because some people might not want it in a rig optimized for water splashing around in it. Seems like they were paying attention when Apple forced that U2 album on everyone. Like, yeah you can have this but we understand you might not want it the way you’ve got yours set up so we’ll let you let us know.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I still can't see the delay on that. I had mine added, and have heard nothing about it being an issue. If anything, they would have more tops with liners than without, since it is automatic on everything but BL and BD I believe. Who knows though.

I keep thinking, if I find a delay component in my order, that pushes me back and I can switch to Base and get it relatively soon, I will do that.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything I’ve heard indicates the reason you have to add the headliner to the build with MGV seats is simply because some people might not want it in a rig optimized for water splashing around in it. Seems like they were paying attention when Apple forced that U2 album on everyone. Like, yeah you can have this but we understand you might not want it the way you’ve got yours set up so we’ll let you let us know.
For sure that's why. I'm just saying that's the only tie between MGV and MIC tops that I can find that could possibly explain an impact to manufacturing.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only thing about it that makes a little sense to me is if you order the MIC without a liner, it could delay things because they are building all but a few with liners...

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer just called and the Ford rep just left the dealership. He told me the rep said that the combination of marine grade vinyl seats with the MIC top makes it late availability.... this is the first I've heard of this... why would the default options on a Badlands make it late availability?
This is horrible news. I went to the dealer today and the rep. The few things I wanted to change I couldn’t and I basically sent him an email saying just leave things as they are so there’s no delay on my order. Waiting for him to email me back
Sponsored