Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The accessories can be removed from the vehicle and addendum changed but it doesn't change what Ford bills us for. I guess the dealer could try to recoup some of the costs by reselling the accessories but I doubt they are going to get their cost back.

I think this was a compromise dealer council made with Ford when we were originally not going to get any stock. They said, "Ok, you can have a FCTP but we're going to pick the build and, by the way, load a ton of expensive accessories on it. Thank you drive through"
That certainly wouldn’t surprise me!
Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a local dealer by me that has a orange badlands. I totaled my truck 3 weeks ago and was late to the bronco frenzy. I like the looks of the Jeep’s lifted but just felt to small and didn’t like the inside of them. Anyway, after calling dealership after dealership after dealership before I got the picture of the bronco delay landscape I drove by that dealership and stopped and talked to them. It seems the majority of the dealerships have the same story/situation. The mannequins are bought by the dealerships. Full title transfer and everything. They are required to keep them for 6/7 months or 7,000 miles. Whichever is done first. In my instance when you test drive them the dealership has to fill out extensive paperwork documenting the “demo test drives” to fulfill their requirements with Ford manufacturing. They are also required to pay for and install whatever accessories the factory tells them to on said units. They have no say in what they are. This one in particular was supposedly $9k in accessories(center console safe, rear cargo rat pack storage, table on rear gate, front bumper and wench and whatever else). All of the dealerships I called that had them were either already spoken for or wanted well over msrp for them. Minimum of 10k and one was even $20k. None could be actually sold until the 6/7 month agreement was up. And all would be essentially used. My local dealer was willing to sell at msrp plus’s accessories costs. I thought that was reasonable considering what every other dealer was offering. I considered it, but ultimately ordered a badlands on 9/6 at msrp. I couldn’t get myself to pay for some accessories I had no desire for. Stayed away from order killers and was told possibly feb/March on build. However, for someone who doesn’t want to wait or can’t, I could see buying it in that situation. I really almost did because it was pretty much what I ordered minus some accessories. There is a markup in that I understand, because you’re paying new price for used at that point. If it’s that bronco or something else completely because of the unsure wait of ordering, I could definitely see pulling the trigger and would have myself if the accessories would have been more to my liking. Just my 2 cents. I haven’t seen vehicles marked up like this since I bought my Shelby back in 2013. Fyi vehicle prices are through the roof in everything. If you’re not near a big city you have to drive to one just to be able to see trucks and suvs if you’re looking for one. In my case it was 3 hr driving just to look at a Silverado trail boss or Tahoe. Insurance gave me sticker I paid for my totaled 2017 ram Laramie with 32k miles on it. It’s a crazy time in our world
Ford Bronco Anyone ever heard this one? E1D39EBF-63E8-4FBD-A4AB-F9B8A4B76E0F
Ford Bronco Anyone ever heard this one? 82ADF03F-7093-4CC3-AA99-865B1375176D
Ford Bronco Anyone ever heard this one? E1D39EBF-63E8-4FBD-A4AB-F9B8A4B76E0F

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
However, for someone who doesn’t want to wait or can’t, I could see buying it in that situation.
If the Bronco you initially looked at and they were going to sell you was one of their FTCP demo/mannequins (well documented on this site, btw) then it wouldn't be available until probably February/March 2022 to drive off the lot anyhow. Most dealerships didn't get them until June/July and some are still waiting on them. Depending on the build you ordered and your dealerships allocations, your ordered Bronco may show up before your dealer is able to part with their demo.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Bronco you initially looked at and they were going to sell you was one of their FTCP demo/mannequins (well documented on this site, btw) then it wouldn't be available until probably February/March 2022 to drive off the lot anyhow. Most dealerships didn't get them until June/July and some are still waiting on them. Depending on the build you ordered and your dealerships allocations, your ordered Bronco may show up before your dealer is able to part with their demo.
You may very well be right, however multiple dealerships told me the exact same thing as far as timeline or inside that timeline because it had already been there however long. I don’t know. I’m not a Ford rep. Just telling what I was told multiple times and my experience. I know nothing. Part of the reason I ordered was because the timeline they could release theirs was the same time frame there abouts to what ordering was quoted with how I ordered it, feb/March ordering or March with mannequin or 7k miles, whichever came first

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’ve been talking to a dealer about putting a deposit on their demo and purchasing when the 6 months/mileage requirement was met. We were talking about a slight discount from MSRP and I even started the info on my trade in. This is what I got via email this morning-

<<<<just left a meeting with my GM and on this Bronco I have some new that mat defer us going any further. According to my GM, Ford is making us add over $4k of "add-on Features" to this bronco and because so they are driving the price up to almost $6k over MSRP with no discounts available even as a "Demo" unit. Let me know your thoughts on this and I'll do what i need to on my end to help. Thanks again and have a great day.>>>

Of course I said no way and called BS about Ford making them do anything and that if the GM is not willing to honor our original deal he needs to own it. Anyone heard of Ford “making these dealers honor MSRP and add several thousand in add ons? It already has over 1500 miles on it.
Our mannequin bronco is also getting around 6k of accessories installed and is going to be over 10k of MSRP. They also have to pay the person who installed them, the parts person who ordered the parts, and make a little money for the dealership. Supply and demand is very high right now for Broncos, so if you don't have a reservation or order don't expect to get a "deal" on one.

My local dealer is honoring MSRP to all order holders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s update this so I don’t get the same posts over and over. Yes- I now understand mannequins are required to have add ons. That has now been established. I get that.
My issue is that we talked about the bronco for 4-5 days and were right at the point of a deal and deposit being paid and trade in value accessed when the GM came back with- oh yeah, there’s $6-7k in accessories being added on and no discounts even on a demo model with 2-3000 miles on it. The salesman was working with him from the start so the GM should have stated this from the start. I have zero issues that this is the mannequin requirement. My issue is be upfront and don’t string a potential buyer AND salesman out (he was pissed too) and think the buyer is going to cave in on $7k more and no discount for mileage. Add to that the big bold title over the ad that says “no unwanted accessories or add ons added to our vehicles”. THOSE are my issues with the GM. I didn’t know about the mannequin add on rules but that has been established.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may very well be right, however multiple dealerships told me
FYI, we have a rule around these parts: every time you post a reference to a "my dealer said" comment you are required to take a shot.

Oh, and I see you are relatively new here so Welcome to Thunderdome.

velcro7279

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1978 F-150, 2014 F-150, 1994 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The dealership we have ours ordered through just got their mannequin this past weekend. Race Red, 4 door, soft top, Big Bend, 2.3, auto, standard 221A. I drove it Monday and was talking to the GM about taking it overnight. He told me that they aren't letting anyone do that to keep the miles off, so when they sell it after the six months it will be worth more. Also told me they are putting a 2" Rough country lift and 315's on it. Didn't mention anything about price or any other accessories though, or that Ford was wanting them to do that.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When talking to my dealers sales manager about their mannequin, there were direction on what accessories that were to be installed on it, before sale. She said, funny thing was they were told to add an A-pillar lightbar, but the vehicle they got did not come with upfitter switches. Said they at some point will wire it all in, but right now the lightbar doesn’t function.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership we have ours ordered through just got their mannequin this past weekend. Race Red, 4 door, soft top, Big Bend, 2.3, auto, standard 221A. I drove it Monday and was talking to the GM about taking it overnight. He told me that they aren't letting anyone do that to keep the miles off, so when they sell it after the six months it will be worth more. Also told me they are putting a 2" Rough country lift and 315's on it. Didn't mention anything about price or any other accessories though, or that Ford was wanting them to do that.
Drunk from all the my dealership said statements at this point
.. supposedly if they don’t do as directed with the mannequins (timeline/mileage and accessories) they will lose their future bronco allocations.

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The accessory add-ons are required on the mannequins. The FCTP "mileage" minimum
Ford Bronco Anyone ever heard this one? 8DC89F37-3E2C-472B-8E3D-A3F499AC7FE5
requirement does NOT apply to Bronco.! (Bronco Sport does apply) Must retain Broncos for a full 6 months after the tires hit the ground at the dealer. The fact that FCTP vehicles (mannequins) are automatically eligible for the 42 month 42K mile warranty has me seriously looking for one spec'd to my liking.!
Disclaimer: The image above is from Ford's general FCTP info. I have Bronco "Specific" FCTP details but non-disclosure agreement prevents me from posting anything more. (now peering thru my window blinds at the sound of a black helicopter circling my compound)

Last edited:

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this offer from Chapman specific to ordered Broncos? I ask because their web site shows multiple Broncos priced well over MSRP.
The ones on their website are in transit and already spoken for. The pricing is to dissuade people from calling about sold broncos
Sponsored