Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just submitted my order today and there was nowhere on the dealer’s builder program to add a winch. Am I the only that noticed this?
Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope it wont be available till 22 , and order it though your dealer then, or your bronco could be held up, is what my dealer told me last night when I placed my order into ford.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just converted my reservation to an order today and they made me (strongly suggested, rather) that we do it without the winch for 3 reasons:
1. yes, it could hold the order up
2. it states on the build and price tool under accessories that:
Dealer & owner installed accessories do not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. Your dealership will arrange delivery of these accessories to you once the vehicle is available from the factory
3. final price hasn't been established and I don't think thats worth discussing now considering its an add-on.

I will have a Warn winch on my Bronco...I'm just not sure when lol

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I converted with the winch, but the dealership (likely none) know the install cost because they have never done one on this vehicle before. The winch, Roof Rack, Pod lights, are all dealership installations.

My dealership does custom pickups and lifts, so they have technicians who can do this work and likely estimate, but don't want to do so, so customers don't get funny later; I'll accept that.

As long as it's not several hundred, I'll let them do the install, but if it's a crazy amount, I'll take it to a 4x4 shop to install. Would do it myself on an older vehicle, but won't take chances here.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and hopefully by then the have a work around for the front camera blocking issue.

Who knows, maybe they will develop a more Bronco specific winch that is a couple of inches shorter to reduce camera blockage. If you think about it, that might be why they are waiting as that is sure to be a sore spot for many. Another fix could be to move the camera itself. Possibly higher? I guess we will see...

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought Ford was covering the cost of DIO if you ordered with the bronco, so then install price wouldn't be an issue...

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't as the Ford winch is steel cable and it's pretty pricey compared to what you can get in the aftermarket. I'll wait a bit for an aftermarket solution. I do like the way the Ford mount mounts to the steel bumper though. Hopefully that will be a standalone option.

Deleted member 13702

I was told it gets added through the parts department after the orders are submitted in March.

It’s a dealer accessory, shows up that way in build and price as well. Will be added into financing upon delivery.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

I didn't as the Ford winch is steel cable and it's pretty pricey compared to what you can get in the aftermarket. I'll wait a bit for an aftermarket solution. I do like the way the Ford mount mounts to the steel bumper though. Hopefully that will be a standalone option.
Shows synthetic on B&P. Also will be under warranty. So, for me a no brainer.

Priced out the same one without the bracket and install and was around $1500 by its self.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Priced out the same one without the bracket and install and was around $1500 by its self.
Winch on B&P is the Zeon Warn 10, which is a steel cable. Synthetic was installed on some of the pre-production Broncos (like the Overland Area 51), but that is definitely not available from Ford yet.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Read it again; 80', 3/8" galvanized steel rope.
It's a zeon 10 not a zeon 10S

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and hopefully by then the have a work around for the front camera blocking issue.

Who knows, maybe they will develop a more Bronco specific winch that is a couple of inches shorter to reduce camera blockage. If you think about it, that might be why they are waiting as that is sure to be a sore spot for many. Another fix could be to move the camera itself. Possibly higher? I guess we will see...
I wouldn't count on it since Ford said they weren't working on a solution. It is what it is. Moving the control box is most likely the only way.

Deleted member 13702

Winch on B&P is the Zeon Warn 10, which is a steel cable. Synthetic was installed on some of the pre-production Broncos (like the Overland Area 51), but that is definitely not available from Ford yet.
Good catch, not sure when that changed, had to go back and look. Sure enough it was the steel cable.

Gonna be honest, I was watching the overland build video yesterday and they specifically said synthetic on the video, and didn’t catch the difference on B&P.
Sponsored