First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good catch, not sure when that changed, had to go back and look. Sure enough it was the steel cable.

Gonna be honest, I was watching the overland build video yesterday and they specifically said synthetic on the video, and didn’t catch the difference on B&P.
Yea, I was "duped" at first by that as well. Who knows what the actual final product will be. We all just need to stick together and stay informed!!!

Deleted member 13702

Yea, I was "duped" at first by that as well. Who knows what the actual final product will be. We all just need to stick together and stay informed!!!
Lol, well I should know by now that when a mistake is made, I can count on my fellow 6g peeps to keep me straight, like within seconds. Like a lion taking down a gazelle. But, keeps me straight, so thanks!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out Four Wheel Parts. You can get the same winch for $1682.99
Warn ZEON Platinum 10 Recovery 10000lb Winch - 92810

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/warn-zeon-platinum-10-recovery-10000lb-winch-92810/_/R-BCSQ-92810
This is the winch: https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/warn-zeon-10-recovery-10000lb-winch-88990/_/R-BCSQ-88990

$1129.99

Good catch, not sure when that changed, had to go back and look. Sure enough it was the steel cable.
It's been wire rope since the B&P launched

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just submitted my order today and there was nowhere on the dealer’s builder program to add a winch. Am I the only that noticed this?
At least you didn't put "Anyone get a wench with their order" :LOL:

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and hopefully by then the have a work around for the front camera blocking issue.

Who knows, maybe they will develop a more Bronco specific winch that is a couple of inches shorter to reduce camera blockage. If you think about it, that might be why they are waiting as that is sure to be a sore spot for many. Another fix could be to move the camera itself. Possibly higher? I guess we will see...
There's this:
Ford Bronco Anyone get a winch on their order? 1611697374498

Maybe not this exact model, but it would solve the camera issue without having to remove and re-attach the camera. Just moves the connection box to one side and clears it from the center where your camera sits.

I converted with the winch, but the dealership (likely none) know the install cost because they have never done one on this vehicle before. The winch, Roof Rack, Pod lights, are all dealership installations.

My dealership does custom pickups and lifts, so they have technicians who can do this work and likely estimate, but don't want to do so, so customers don't get funny later; I'll accept that.

As long as it's not several hundred, I'll let them do the install, but if it's a crazy amount, I'll take it to a 4x4 shop to install. Would do it myself on an older vehicle, but won't take chances here.
I added a winch to my brand new 2015 JK with a Smittybilt Winch (can't imagine WARN winches are much different) and all I needed was access to the winch mount, some wrenches and zip ties for the electrical lines. With factory installed AUX switches, it's even easier. Just trying to save you some $$$.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out Four Wheel Parts. You can get the same winch for $1682.99
Warn ZEON Platinum 10 Recovery 10000lb Winch - 92810

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/warn-zeon-platinum-10-recovery-10000lb-winch-92810/_/R-BCSQ-92810
That's a "Platinum", not 100% sure of the difference but it's wireless at least and it's also steel cable as well as a roller fairlead. I'm in the synthetic rope and hause (sp?) fairlead camp myself myself. Only the best for Mall Crawling' Baby!

The zeon 10 on amazon is about a grand, couple hundred for a mount and you're good to go. Upgrade the winch to synthetic cable for $1300 and couple hundred for the mount and you're well below the Ford price.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With factory installed AUX switches, it's even easier. Just trying to save you some $$$.
What would you need the AUX switches for? Isn't it just + and - right to the battery and then the remote controls the winch in/ out?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would you need the AUX switches for? Isn't it just + and - right to the battery and then the remote controls the winch in/ out?
Don’t come in here posting common sense. You should know better.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t come in here posting common sense. You should know better.
Not trying to be an ass but I hear people talking about the AUX switches for stuff that makes me scratch my head.

It's going to be a long wait to finally get this thing and start working on it!!!

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to be an ass but I hear people talking about the AUX switches for stuff that makes me scratch my head.

It's going to be a long wait to finally get this thing and start working on it!!!
Wiring a power interrupt to an aux switch isn't a bad idea

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
hbdcowboys

hbdcowboys

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another issue is I got the high package, in pics the winch clearly blocks the 2 middle sensors on the front bumper. How is there a way to work around that?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model