Sponsored

Anyone get an email wanting $1k to reconfirm their order??

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Friend of mine got in touch with me and asked to find out if there is any truth to this. See the text of the email below.

I actually contacted Tom at Chapman and asked him about it. His words were "fake news".

If you are a dealer and want to go rogue with your own rules so be it. But don't try to pass it off as a Ford policy.

And as far as canceling the order that is laughable. It will go into their inventory and be sold with an ADM.

Due to current market and supply conditions Ford is requiring dealers to re-confirm their retail orders. In order to confirm the orders scheduled, a pre payment of $1,000 will be required to ensure the integrity of all orders placed. The $1,000 will go towards your order as down money upon delivery. We can take credit card information over the phone for the pre payment towards your build.

This will also ensure that our valued Ford customers who have been patiently waiting and want to keep their builds, are prioritized over those with different intentions. Please respond and let me know if you have FULL INTENTIONS OF PURCHASING AND REGISTERING THE VEHICLE IN YOUR NAME. If you are unsure, or if we don't receive a response within 48 HOURS, the order will be CANCELLED.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt to ongoing changes Ford makes us abide by throughout this time.
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds to me like thar dealer is awful close to going under the name match requirements and are trying to force customers to commit.

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has the earmarks of a scam.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds to me like thar dealer is awful close to going under the name match requirements and are trying to force customers to commit.

Lol Tom said that exact same thing.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a straight scam text if I’ve ever seen one. Post up the email this came from.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s a straight scam text if I’ve ever seen one.
It wasn't a text. It was an email straight from the dealer. And he got a text an voice mail about it from his sales guy.

I don't think it's a scam. I just think it's a dealer going rogue and making their own rules. Trying to pass it off as Ford policy.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wasn't a text. It was an email straight from the dealer. And he got a text an voice mail about it from his sales guy.

I don't think it's a scam. I just think it's a dealer going rogue and making their own rules. Trying to pass it off as Ford policy.
nice. Even better. Post up the dealer and the sales man’s name. Time to group up and teach some lessons!

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should post this on the askcarsales reddit group. Just for the lulz. Make sure you share the dealer and salesperson information here too though, again, for the lulz.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That info absolutely needs to be made public. That is straight up false information.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Friend of mine got in touch with me and asked to find out if there is any truth to this. See the text of the email below.

I actually contacted Tom at Chapman and asked him about it. His words were "fake news".

If you are a dealer and want to go rogue with your own rules so be it. But don't try to pass it off as a Ford policy.

And as far as canceling the order that is laughable. It will go into their inventory and be sold with an ADM.
If this is legit and not a outright scam, I'd want to know what @Ford Motor Company would say about it.

Franchise or not, there's some rules they have to play by. If Ford is ok with dealers doing this along with the modifications of orders earlier on... Oui

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

A lot of dealers are asking for that. Nothing to see here.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of dealers are asking for that. Nothing to see here.
They are asking for $1k after the fact on an order that was placed months ago??
I have seen nothing of this sort. Requiring it up front with the order yes. But months down the line no.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are asking for $1k after the fact on an order that was placed months ago??
I have seen nothing of this sort. Requiring it up front with the order yes. But months down the line no.
$1K is actually on the low side for these late game gotcha's these days. The twist here is that the dealer is presenting it as a Ford policy that they are *required* to follow, which is obviously total BS.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like the dudes email got hacked. Surprised they didn't ask for $1000 in I-tunes gift cards. I would call the dealership, not the sale person that left the voice mail or the number I received the text from, but the dealer and confirm.
Sponsored