Sponsored

Anyone getting a Non-Sasquatched Badlands?

bandy

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 97 Miata, 09 BMW 128i track car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that the sasquatch package is available with the manual transmission it is a tempting option, but I am prioritizing early delivery over that package. I do like the looks of the badlands wheels anyways and I'm too new to offroading to know what I would actually gain from the 35s off the bat. It does sound like a badlands would not be terribly difficult to retrofit to an equivalent spec when you wear out the first set of tires.

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the setup I'm leaning towards but with the highest lux package and all the trimmings. but I don't really care about Sasquatch, but the Badlands is the base I'm going after.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like the 33s but it's looking like a Badlands with 2.7 auto, high package and a hardtop might be more than I'm willing to spend. How easy would it be to put the same or similar 33s on BD or OB after purchase? And cost-wise, would it be any cheaper? It would be cool if Ford offered the 33s on lower trims as an option but I guess that would detract from the appeal of the Badlands...

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the badlands non-squatched with 33s to start with.

Recently I visited some dealers, drove a Raptor with 35s, a ranger with ~32s and a jeep with 32s. I suggest anyone who is not sure to do the same. The Jeep with 32s was big enough so I'm sure the 33s will hit that sweet spot of looks and off-road capability. If I ever need to go better, I can always do that later. But right not I'm more concerned that the 35s will be too big for my needs.

Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so when ford reported the manual will be available with sasquatch package but with possible late delivery. what about a badlands with 2.3 man already? it basically has most of that included. I'm planning on 4dr badlands, no sas. I'd rather not wait till end of year to receive that trim. I'm impatient lol

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Isn't the squatched badlands mainly just tires and the rest is the same? So you could just add 35" tires at a later time if you would like and it will be the same as the squatched ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Isn't the squatched badlands mainly just tires and the rest is the same? So you could just add 35" tires at a later time if you would like and it will be the same as the squatched ?
Wheels, tires, flares, and most believe a bumpstop is what the Sasquatch package buys you on a Badlands.

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved and ordered a BD with the Sasquatch and hard top..My dealer ask me to change to the soft top with the free hard top kit..We changed to the soft top and I decided to remove the Sasquatch from what I’ve seen on here about level kits and 35’ tires. With the money I saved we switched to the BL non Sasquatch with the soft top and got my email for schedule build of week 10/4/21 five days later.I’ve ordered my level kit which was 60.00 and ordered 305/70 r17 which are 34 x 12.00 in size for 1400.00. The dealer is going to install the leveling kit for 250.00..Pretty much the Sasquatch for a lot less..Also have my 285/70r17 sold to my neighbor for 700.00

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Mine was delivered 5 weeks ago. I slapped on a set of 305 Toyo ATs and SAS flares and its good. Drives great. Other folks added 35s which are only slightly larger.

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel Sasquatch gets me some tires and wheels I may not have chosen myself, and I’d rather put $2500 into a real 2” lift and bigger tires on my own.
I agree with this. and I'm doing this. But there isn't much available (at least early) in lift for the non-sas BL. There's a level lift that looks like spacers. Then you jump up to replacing UCAs and more.

I might just do the cheesey 1" lift available for BL and stuff my 35" s under there.

But to answer the question. Man Trans. Pick your own wheels and tires. Non-sas Badlands for me.

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Mine was delivered 5 weeks ago. I slapped on a set of 305 Toyo ATs and SAS flares and its good. Drives great. Other folks added 35s which are only slightly larger.
Did u put a level kit on it and use the factory badlands rims ? Mine is scheduled for build the week of 10/4. Just wanted to know if the factory rims are going to work..I’ve got everything thing else ordered but rims.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did u put a level kit on it and use the factory badlands rims ? Mine is scheduled for build the week of 10/4. Just wanted to know if the factory rims are going to work..I’ve got everything thing else ordered but rims.
No level currently. But I have the Zone 1" kit and may add either 1/2" (just one spacer) to front, or if I do 1" front then I would add 1/2" to rear. Tires are true 34x12".

Attachments

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one and i think it will do everything I need it to do...But my bronco is more of a bronco and not a mountain goat..

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious as to how many people are getting the Badlands but not the Sasquatch package, do you feel the trim is sufficient for your needs and the upgraded package doesn't warrant the cost for you?
Yes, getting the non sad BL with the 33’s. I have been off reading for years with 33’s and they do just fine as long as you have the ground clearance for what you are doing. To me, 35’s are a bit over kill particularly for daily driving. After all, you do need to drive on the highway for many miles to get to the trails. 😉
Sponsored