Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m just patiently waiting for AFe to release their non oiled replacement filter. I have used it in multiple vehicles for years. No oil, easy clean, flows better than stock and many aftermarket and did I mention no oil??
Sponsored

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance, why go dry filter over a typical K&N?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance, why go dry filter over a typical K&N?
They require more maintenance than a dry filter, and can let the oil or particles through if not cared for properly. They can also gunk up your MAF if you are too heavy handed with the filter oil.

But if they are cared for properly when new they can keep more debris from passing through.

You'll still need to replace an oiled filter eventually and for the cost/time of maintaining it dry is a cheaper easier option.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We installed the Roush intake on our Bronco. They're very easy to install and fit great. We didn't do any back to back testing with it but our truck is tuned and see's more boost than stock so I believe we did benefit from it. We have plenty of the Roush intakes in stock so feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/r...ir-intake-kit-2021-ford-bronco-2-7l-2-3l.html
bronco_roush_intake.jpg

We also offer the Whipple high flow replacement filter which is a direct replacement for the factory filter. Here's a link to it.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...-filter-oiled-2021-ford-bronco-2-7l-2-3l.html
broncowhipplefilter.jpg

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They require more maintenance than a dry filter, and can let the oil or particles through if not cared for properly. They can also gunk up your MAF if you are too heavy handed with the filter oil.

But if they are cared for properly when new they can keep more debris from passing through.

You'll still need to replace an oiled filter eventually and for the cost/time of maintaining it dry is a cheaper easier option.

Pretty much what he said. I personally will never run an oiled air filter again. Just my preference. I had a K&N filter years ago when tuning a car - and I chased my tail for WEEKS tuning that thing - turns out it was the oiled filter. This was a total custom EFI setup and the setup simply hated the oiled filter.

I've run aFe dry filters for years. They flow better OEM, they are easy to clean and I've never had to replace one.

While I get it - a "cold air" intake is cool - but for the price you'd gain more power by running 93 octane every fill up.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We installed the Roush intake on our Bronco. They're very easy to install and fit great. We didn't do any back to back testing with it but our truck is tuned and see's more boost than stock so I believe we did benefit from it. We have plenty of the Roush intakes in stock so feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/r...ir-intake-kit-2021-ford-bronco-2-7l-2-3l.html
Ford Bronco Anyone go for a cold air intake yet? broncowhipplefilter
The Roush has a nice benefit of the inspection window and a pre-filter sock. I would give it a hard look if I ever changed the intake.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol yeah maybe that dual catch can is available maybe in three years. Their products take forever to release. They should spend less time on blog posts/ pictures and more time on actually releasing products. If I get a CAI I'll go with k&n

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol yeah maybe that dual catch can is available maybe in three years. Their products take forever to release. They should spend less time on blog posts/ pictures and more time on actually releasing products. If I get a CAI I'll go with k&n
i get your point but... The dual catch can been out for sometime.
https://www.mishimoto.com/baffled-oil-catch-can-system-ford-bronco-27-2021.html
Some people like taking there time to make sure it not going to brake look at funhaver none of there product are out yet.

Sponsored

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always wonder if these CAI increase mpg and HP so easily, why don’t the manufacturers make them standard equipment? Sure would be a selling point to claim additional mpg and HP at a negligible cost. BTW, if you do opt to go with a CAI don‘t go with one that claims it doesn’t require a tune. These units always throw codes after install.
I have had them on 4 different vehicles 2010 F-150 5.4, 2017 Fusion Sport 2.7 twin turbo, 2013 Focus ST 2.0 turbo and 2013 Focus 4 cylinder naturally aspirated.
Every one had both improved performance and mileage.
That’s my firsthand experience.
Still waiting for our Bronco to arrive so no Bronco experience.
Brian

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always wonder if these CAI increase mpg and HP so easily, why don’t the manufacturers make them standard equipment? Sure would be a selling point to claim additional mpg and HP at a negligible cost. BTW, if you do opt to go with a CAI don‘t go with one that claims it doesn’t require a tune. These units always throw codes after install.
Never threw a code on my jk.

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that CAIs work not so much by taking in colder, denser air but from having improved airflow. Factory designed air filter systems are designed to be quiet, they baffle as much induction noise as possible and in so doing they are quite restrictive. I added a CAI on an Xterra and it did produce a notable increase in power and improved MPG. It also had a notable increase in engine noise and a very notable increase in annoying filter cleanings. I am no engineer but I would speculate that improved air flow would translate to improved MPG with a turbo engine by reducing the exhaust pressure necessary to spin the turbo but would not translate to much in the way of improved HP.

I am an engineer with Toyota, and cold air intakes are mostly marketing garbage. Improved airflow isn't really a thing since its still getting turbulent as it goes in and out of the turbos.

Most naturally aspirated vehicles also won't benefit from smoother airflow since they take a hard right angle going into the cylinders anyways. In older cars it helped because they had mass air flow sensors, so it "tricked" the sensor into thinking there was more air going into the engine, leaning it out a little, and making very slightly more power.

Modern engines (anything after roughly 2005) use an Intake Air Temperature sensor to modify the fuel mixture based on air density and the vacuum pressure inside of the manifold.

TLDR: cold air intakes don't do anything for improved gas mileage or power in modern engines. They do sound different, and whether that is good or bad is up to you.

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I order KN intake with AFE charge pipe. The intake will be received within one week while the charge pipe in July. I will install it and I will give you my feedback.
Have you got these parts installed yet?

Oden502

Wildtrak
First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you got these parts installed yet?
I received the intake. But for the charge pipes I believe it will be shipped by end of July. Still I dont no if I need to install the intercooler. I am afraid that if I install it without tune it will reduce the power.
Sponsored