RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Havent done a car wash yet, and probably wont for a long time. I am more worried about brushes than I am high pressure. I have a 2000 psi pressure washer and gave the baby its first bath this weekend. only area I avoided directly was the window seams, and on the rest I went for it. No leaks.

And if you have never tried it- give a foam cannon a try. Damn its fun, and u may want to do your own washes from now on.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will not take it through a car wash. Hand wash only. As for the soft top, I am using a mild car wash shampoo with no wax additives and one that will not strip the wax/soft top protection. Microfiber suds on the soft windows. Reapply cloth protectant when it stops beading.

Mjolnir21

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Hummer H3,2021 LR Defender,2012 Corvette GS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I enjoy washing my own cars, there is something i find peaceful and calming about it.A little annal also,I'll make sure that it won't rain for at least the next 4 days. It does take time but the end result is worth it. I have my obx bronco a week now and debating on paint sealing. Have not washed it yet.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took the demo through a touch free car wash and the biggest issue was some leaking from the soft top on the passenger side front.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the hesitation of washing the soft top with anything but water? I’ve never owned one, so I’d love to hear the do’s and don’ts rather than learn them first hand.
The rinse cycle in a touch less ( I would never put the plastic windows or even the painted body through a brush cycle) will not completely rinse off the soap. Nor do I think you would want the wax and clear coat protector applied to the soft top. It might sound like good idea but I think it would destroy the waterproofing it came with

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if you have never tried it- give a foam cannon a try. Damn its fun, and u may want to do your own washes from now on.
👍🏼

I haven't washed my own car in years. But for Bronco, I ordered a foam cannon for my pressure washer. Mainly due to the soft top. Most of the ST concerns about running through a car wash is the potential to scratch the windows.

Plus I expect to get the rig plenty muddy underneath and I'd rather DIY.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rinse cycle in a touch less ( I would never put the plastic windows or even the painted body through a brush cycle) will not completely rinse off the soap. Nor do I think you would want the wax and clear coat protector applied to the soft top. It might sound like good idea but I think it would destroy the waterproofing it came with
Sooooo… only take to a hand wash car wash establishment? 😬 got it. And only allow them to rinse off the soft top and treat it at home myself.. I’ve obviously never owned a soft top and honestly ordered a MIC originally. I’m excited for the swap, don’t get me wrong, especially living in Houston but it’s a new learning curve for this girl. Thanks for the heads up!

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the bright side you can’t make the soft top look any worse than it already does 🤷🏼‍♂️

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why would you run a bronco through a car wash? It takes too long to really get it dirty and a bronco looks best when heavily dirtified.. just sayin

Sponsored

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took my Sasquatch Soft Top through the car wash today. No issues or leaks. Nice and clean after.

As mentioned before, I have been doing that with my Wrangler soft top for years with no issues. My only hesitation was the Sasquatch wheels. I had been off roading today so thought see if it would work.

I asked the guy running the wash and he said he’d done wider wheels than mine, and had already done other Broncos (I’m in metro Detroit). I may get their membership so I can hit it once a week.

ashley650008

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took my Sasquatch Soft Top through the car wash today. No issues or leaks. Nice and clean after.

As mentioned before, I have been doing that with my Wrangler soft top for years with no issues. My only hesitation was the Sasquatch wheels. I had been off roading today so thought see if it would work.

I asked the guy running the wash and he said he’d done wider wheels than mine, and had already done other Broncos (I’m in metro Detroit). I may get their membership so I can hit it once a week.

So no concerns about the brushes and other aspects of a car wash? I have had a membership to one locally that I love and was worried about taking the soft top through once I traded in.

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
So no concerns about the brushes and other aspects of a car wash? I have had a membership to one locally that I love and was worried about taking the soft top through once I traded in.
I have a membership at the nearest car wash. I've been through 5-6 times now with no issues. Soft top has been fine, no leaks or issues at all.

Krmparkguy

First Edition
First Name
Kevin Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Havent done a car wash yet, and probably wont for a long time. I am more worried about brushes than I am high pressure. I have a 2000 psi pressure washer and gave the baby its first bath this weekend. only area I avoided directly was the window seams, and on the rest I went for it. No leaks.

Foam cannon? Do tell , manufacturer/ web?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been through trackless, touchless car washes a zillion times with my bronco and all previous cars.

No issues, as expected. Don’t believe the anti car wash alarmism/dogma, at least when it comes to touchless washes.
Sponsored