Sponsored

Anyone had MIC 1.0 replaced successfully?

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone successfully had their first generation roof replaced yet? Local dealer service is telling me that Ford wants local glass companies to do the glass work for the rear quarter windows, sounds crazy to me... anyone hear this yet?

With the recent storm here in California my roof was leaking on the passenger and drivers side upper door roof at a seam.

I do park on a steep driveway so my car is always at a slight slant not sure if this is factoring in.

Ash

Ford Bronco Anyone had MIC 1.0 replaced successfully? IMG_1357.JPG
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is true that Ford ships the replacement 2.0 top to the dealer without the rear quarter glass installed, and that glass needs to be assembled when it gets there, either by the dealer or an installer. It is all covered in this doc: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10201909-0002.pdf

OP
OP
AshleyG

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are the build dates for the 1.0v2.0 tops? Mine isn't leaking, but its developed a real awesome and annoying squeak

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can see this complicating things and delaying....big time
Possibly more complicated on shipping logistics, but better for you the consumer in at least one way: the dealer can work on the side quarter glass installation before you get there for your appointment. Which is good because the 'glue' they use to attach the glass needs time to dry. So when you bring Bronco in for replacement all they have to do is detach the rear flip glass, attach that glass to the new top with a couple of bolts, swap the tops, and away you go. Should be an hour or two max of wait time.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are the build dates for the 1.0v2.0 tops? Mine isn't leaking, but its developed a real awesome and annoying squeak
My take on this: everything manufactured from this point forward is a 2.0. But my strategy is, I am going to wait as long as possible to get my top replaced under this program, because I figure they can only improve and tweak the manufacturing process with more and more tops built. The program is open until Sept 2022 so I will probably make my appointment around July-Aug 2022.

OP
OP
AshleyG

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Possibly more complicated on shipping logistics, but better for you the consumer in at least one way: the dealer can work on the side quarter glass installation before you get there for your appointment. Which is good because the 'glue' they use to attach the glass needs time to dry. So when you bring Bronco in for replacement all they have to do is detach the rear flip glass, attach that glass to the new top with a couple of bolts, swap the tops, and away you go. Should be an hour or two max of wait time.
If the dealer is motivated to do that lol...These days I see dealers procrastinating since it requires an outside vendor

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I brought mine in for replacement. It did need a third party glass company to come. However when when they unpacked everything the new roof was also damaged… so waiting for another one now.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the dealer is motivated to do that lol...These days I see dealers procrastinating since it requires an outside vendor
True. I went to a local dealer to ask about the top exchange program. They looked at me like I was crazy and said they knew nothing about it. When I showed them my letter and he looked it up in the computer and read through it, he said "We don't do glass, you should take it somewhere else"

OP
OP
AshleyG

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I brought mine in for replacement. It did need a third party glass company to come. However when when they unpacked everything the new roof was also damaged… so waiting for another one now.
Which Dealer? I'm in LA may want to take it where you went

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So your saying it should be a three hour tour?

514 says later for some. Lol

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
True. I went to a local dealer to ask about the top exchange program. They looked at me like I was crazy and said they knew nothing about it. When I showed them my letter and he looked it up in the computer and read through it, he said "We don't do glass, you should take it somewhere else"
I find it hard to believe that they can’t even do a simple recall. What dealer doesn’t have a glass company that they regularly use anyway?

the hardest part about replacing the MIC 1.0 is opening the box it comes in

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find it hard to believe that they can’t even do a simple recall. What dealer doesn’t have a glass company that they regularly use anyway?

They definitely COULD do it, they are just lazy, so I won't be doing business with them.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most dealerships do have a glass company that they regularly use. They would use that company to do the install.

Most dealership techs aren’t glass guys. I’d be surprised if this was handled any other way.

Where is the issue here? Top gets delivered, glass gets installed, dealer calls customer for swap.
Sponsored