First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a BL Sas that will be delivered hopefully next week. I really like the BL optional wheels, but those weren't available with sas. Debating picking up a set of BL optional takeoffs, and could switch the tires around, but I wondered thoughts on sticking with the 33" all terrains versus putting the 35" mud tires on. Point is- wondered if anyone has 33" tires on a SAS rig? Photos appreciated.
From what I've read, the sas isn't a huge difference in stance, basically just asking for a sanity check that I won't put 33's on and go "oh, I didn't think of that... it looks terrible."
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I've read, the sas isn't a huge difference in stance, basically just asking for a sanity check that I won't put 33's on and go "oh, I didn't think of that... it looks terrible."
This is completely wrong and written by someone with 33s. There is definitely a difference. There are much better aftermarket wheels if you don't like the look of the factory ones.

That being said if you insist on the downgrade :oops: then I'm sure someone might be happy to swap you.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a BL Sas that will be delivered hopefully next week. I really like the BL optional wheels, but those weren't available with sas. Debating picking up a set of BL optional takeoffs, and could switch the tires around, but I wondered thoughts on sticking with the 33" all terrains versus putting the 35" mud tires on. Point is- wondered if anyone has 33" tires on a SAS rig? Photos appreciated.
First the MTs are not mud terrain. Stands for the multi-terrain or something but they are definitely not mud terrain tires. Second, and most importantly the whole point of the 4.7 gearing on the sasquatch is to turn the bigger tires more efficiently so you get good power and mileage. Aesthetics aside, by going to a smaller tire in some situations like highway driving at top speeds you will be at a much higher rpm.

For example if I'm driving at 75mph or so on the highway in the 10th gear with my automatic transmission on my sasquatched BL, I'm at around 2200 - 2300 rpms. If I was using a smaller tire the rpms would be noticeably higher because you have effectively changed the final drive gearing to a smaller gear. I'm sure someone on here could do the calculation but I'd bet it would be closer to 3000 rpm or higher in that situation. You'd have the engine and transmission working harder with more heat and wear, not to mention loss of performance in that situation. While you might have more favorable gearing for rock climbing or on steep grades you would also have less clearance negating the ability to drive or some obstacles and the whole point of smaller gears.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just look at a Badlands with the optional wheels to see what it looks like. There is only about 1/2 lift over that with the SAS.

Just a note, the optional wheels are not as wide as the SAS wheels,

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan on having a set of 33s and 35s for my SAS bronco. I'll reprogram the speedo though when I do it. It will make for a fun ride with the 33s and 4.7 gearing. I'll just swap back and forth depending on if I want it to be faster or if I want it to go over stuff easier.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
First the MTs are not mud terrain. Stands for the multi-terrain or something but they are definitely not mud terrain tires. Second, and most importantly the whole point of the 4.7 gearing on the sasquatch is to turn the bigger tires more efficiently so you get good power and mileage. Aesthetics aside, by going to a smaller tire in some situations like highway driving at top speeds you will be at a much higher rpm.

For example if I'm driving at 75mph or so on the highway in the 10th gear with my automatic transmission on my sasquatched BL, I'm at around 2200 - 2300 rpms. If I was using a smaller tire the rpms would be noticeably higher because you have effectively changed the final drive gearing to a smaller gear. I'm sure someone on here could do the calculation but I'd bet it would be closer to 3000 rpm or higher in that situation. You'd have the engine and transmission working harder with more heat and wear, not to mention loss of performance in that situation. While you might have more favorable gearing for rock climbing or on steep grades you would also have less clearance negating the ability to drive or some obstacles and the whole point of smaller gears.
Depends on a few things. Manual Broncos have 4.46 diff gears. So not much of a difference from 4.7, if wanting to change tire size. Also I think the Sas tires commonly referred to as 35", are really 34.4"? So a 33" range tire depending on the actual size, might not be all that different than the stock Sas tire.

In terms of visuals, 33/34 can look nice on a 2-door, where as maybe you might want to go 35 or higher on a 4-door. Depends also on any lift. Too high a lift on a 4-door can even make 35" look a bit small.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on a few things. Manual Broncos have 4.46 diff gears. So not much of a difference from 4.7, if wanting to change tire size. Also I think the Sas tires commonly referred to as 35", are really 34.4"? So a 33" range tire depending on the actual size, might not be all that different than the stock Sas tire.

In terms of visuals, 33/34 can look nice on a 2-door, where as maybe you might want to go 35 or higher on a 4-door. Depends also on any lift. Too high a lift on a 4-door can even make 35" look a bit small.
If a 35 isn't really a 35 then is a 33 really a 33?

batman-thinking.gif

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never speak of this again, decreasing tire size!!
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? 1675361146083
in that case, you're going to love the base steelies with base sized winter tires planned for next winter on my mansquatch badlands.

the tire choices are much less expensive at that size!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another thing to consider is the different offsets will make your 33's sit well inside of your sasquatch flares.
I'll swap flares with you no charge!
Sponsored