Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great detective work Batman!

1675361146083.png
People who get all worked up over 10 tenths of inches on an object that varies in size depending on the weather need to evaluate their life choices.

shrinkage-george-costanza.gif
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great detective work Batman!

Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? shrinkage-george-costanza
Additionally, these 32.7 and 34.4 sizes are nominal and can have some variation among models/brands, and that's not even getting into the effects of pressure and wheel width.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on a few things. Manual Broncos have 4.46 diff gears. So not much of a difference from 4.7, if wanting to change tire size. Also I think the Sas tires commonly referred to as 35", are really 34.4"? So a 33" range tire depending on the actual size, might not be all that different than the stock Sas tire.

In terms of visuals, 33/34 can look nice on a 2-door, where as maybe you might want to go 35 or higher on a 4-door. Depends also on any lift. Too high a lift on a 4-door can even make 35" look a bit small.
Manual Bandlands is 4.7.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Standard badlands with 2in zone lift with 33s. Pretty close to what you are asking for

E4022DCF-5266-4277-A267-6F3ACBCEAF61.jpeg

OP
OP

Brullitt

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is completely wrong and written by someone with 33s. There is definitely a difference. There are much better aftermarket wheels if you don't like the look of the factory ones.

That being said if you insist on the downgrade :oops: then I'm sure someone might be happy to swap you.
I have neither 35's nor 33's at the moment, as I said, SAS on the way. I based this statement on threads like this: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-stance-shots-suspension-parts-numbers.15790/ where it doesn't appear to be a huge glaring difference, but real life experience is much more useful.
FWIW, I don't mind the SAS wheels, just like the look of the optional BL wheels better, and hoped the 33" all terrains might be better for street, then I'd swap over to the SAS wheel and tires when off roading. Anyway, thanks for the input!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Brullitt

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First the MTs are not mud terrain. Stands for the multi-terrain or something but they are definitely not mud terrain tires. Second, and most importantly the whole point of the 4.7 gearing on the sasquatch is to turn the bigger tires more efficiently so you get good power and mileage. Aesthetics aside, by going to a smaller tire in some situations like highway driving at top speeds you will be at a much higher rpm.

For example if I'm driving at 75mph or so on the highway in the 10th gear with my automatic transmission on my sasquatched BL, I'm at around 2200 - 2300 rpms. If I was using a smaller tire the rpms would be noticeably higher because you have effectively changed the final drive gearing to a smaller gear. I'm sure someone on here could do the calculation but I'd bet it would be closer to 3000 rpm or higher in that situation. You'd have the engine and transmission working harder with more heat and wear, not to mention loss of performance in that situation. While you might have more favorable gearing for rock climbing or on steep grades you would also have less clearance negating the ability to drive or some obstacles and the whole point of smaller gears.
Great info! Thank you!!

OP
OP

Brullitt

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all the info and the photos. I appreciate the group input! In summary, it sounds like if I do decide to downgrade to 33s, my flares might look a bit wide, and I'll need to update the computer settings so my speedometer is accurate. Based on the photo shared, I don't have concerns with the look of the 33s on the SAS setup. Again, thanks all, for taking the time to help out.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the info and the photos. I appreciate the group input! In summary, it sounds like if I do decide to downgrade to 33s, my flares might look a bit wide, and I'll need to update the computer settings so my speedometer is accurate. Based on the photo shared, I don't have concerns with the look of the 33s on the SAS setup. Again, thanks all, for taking the time to help out.
Pictures absolutely don't do justice.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non SAS Badlands with Eibach coil overs. 1.5” over stock.
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? 84C6E686-26AF-4AAF-AA80-865A615DAF4C
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? 8F8106BB-039E-43DA-A8BF-5E4BE1C66618

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Brullitt Do you like the optional Badlands wheels because the beauty ring is carbonized gray? You can always just paint or powder coat them. I had my silver rings painted carbonized gray to match the grill and top. Also, this was touched on but the Goodyears are Maximum Traction. These are aggressive all terrain tires essentially. In Cleveland they’ve handled everything just fine. They attracts rocks like a moth to a flame though.

Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? CB7AA834-9D7F-4558-90A4-607BCC870F2E
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? A385F343-2692-4BC8-9E48-AF45CCD87FB8
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? FA25A2E1-1536-402E-8284-09A55BE7B81E

Sponsored

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on a few things. Manual Broncos have 4.46 diff gears. So not much of a difference from 4.7, if wanting to change tire size. Also I think the Sas tires commonly referred to as 35", are really 34.4"? So a 33" range tire depending on the actual size, might not be all that different than the stock Sas tire.

In terms of visuals, 33/34 can look nice on a 2-door, where as maybe you might want to go 35 or higher on a 4-door. Depends also on any lift. Too high a lift on a 4-door can even make 35" look a bit small.
Manual Badlands all have 4.7 axles

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'll get better mpg, quicker accleration and braking when wearing 33s. I like the looks of the BL optional wheels too!
BTW, specs for Goodrich K02 315/70R17 tire show they work with 8" wheels which is what the optional BL wheels are (Sasquatch 8.5"). So, you could sell your SAS wheels, buy BL wheels and put the 35s on if you desire.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a BL Sas that will be delivered hopefully next week. I really like the BL optional wheels, but those weren't available with sas. Debating picking up a set of BL optional takeoffs, and could switch the tires around, but I wondered thoughts on sticking with the 33" all terrains versus putting the 35" mud tires on. Point is- wondered if anyone has 33" tires on a SAS rig? Photos appreciated.
From what I've read, the sas isn't a huge difference in stance, basically just asking for a sanity check that I won't put 33's on and go "oh, I didn't think of that... it looks terrible."
I have a Badlands Sasquatch take offs on my non SAS OBX with 33’s. It looks fine and and I’m currently getting 20mpg with 2.3 auto. Mostly paved roads.

8D51D06D-F8A9-4C4F-A5FF-C5158661AC0B.jpeg

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not are tires are created equal as mentioned above. I've seen 35s that are just as tall as 37s and even wider so technically they are bigger. 33s can vary in dimensions as well. The duratrac 285/70/17 is bigger than my bfg 285/70/17. Its all about tire choice. I bet the duratracs would fill up the wheel wells nicely with no noticeable difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Brullitt

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non SAS Badlands with Eibach coil overs. 1.5” over stock.
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? 8D51D06D-F8A9-4C4F-A5FF-C5158661AC0B
Ford Bronco Anyone have 33" tires on a Sasquatch? 8D51D06D-F8A9-4C4F-A5FF-C5158661AC0B
Looks great! Thanks for posting the photos.
Sponsored