Sponsored

Anyone have a wiring diagram for B&O sound system?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for wiring diagram for B&O sound.

Also, does B&O use an external amp/control module and if so - where?
Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for wiring diagram for B&O sound.

Also, does B&O use an external amp/control module and if so - where?
I've seen one here, was trying to do a quick search, no immediate luck. But, I know there is one. Might be tucked into the base audio thread. I do have the DSP/AMP location. Attached: DSP location and Rear trim removal.

Attachments

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found em'!!

B27DB1D0-053E-481A-B763-088E0E09C7B7.png

B73B61F6-1FD0-4F19-A94C-0175AC9A33E9.png
Thanks man. Now where is that DSP located... I know of the unit by the sub, but is there a second box somewhere?

My audio keeps staying at 0 and I can't turn it up, but it works at times. Trying to trace the signal path.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The DSP is located and looks to be attached to the SUB - My first reply to you has the location and I included the trim removal info as well. Cheers man! Hope that helps!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The DSP is located and looks to be attached to the SUB - My first reply to you has the location and I included the trim removal info as well. Cheers man! Hope that helps!
Thanks. Yeah already checked that unit and it's dry (long story). The short is somewhere else. Back to tinkering.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think the other is part of head unit... (just re read your reply) not sure though... But maybe @flip can lend a hand???

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think the other is part of head unit... (just re read your reply) not sure though... But maybe @flip can lend a hand???
From my wire tracing, it goes from the screen/radio to a bundle of wires going to a connector below the passenger dash, down the cable channel to the DSP by the sub..

I have a single speaker crackling after fording water. Trying to figure out where the water got in.

Interesting that the main wiring harnesses are located well below maximum fording depth.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my wire tracing, it goes from the screen/radio to a bundle of wires going to a connector below the passenger dash, down the cable channel to the DSP by the sub..

I have a single speaker crackling after fording water. Trying to figure out where the water got in.

Interesting that the main wiring harnesses are located well below maximum fording depth.
awe man!!! sucks! which speaker??? kick panel or upper?? wonder if water got to speaker? How deep did you go?? Wait didn't you hit like 45"?? someone posted here about that and 5days of crap... Was that you??

at any rate... crackling could be local to speaker not wiring..

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
awe man!!! sucks! which speaker??? kick panel or upper?? wonder if water got to speaker? How deep did you go?? Wait didn't you hit like 45"?? someone posted here about that and 5days of crap... Was that you??

at any rate... crackling could be local to speaker not wiring..
Its the rear top passenger side. I promise, I didn't go that deep.

Its a long story. Vehicle got stuck in quicksand. All ok though.. You guys have no clue how tough this vehicle actually is. It was a full day job getting it out.

My fault for not recognizing the risk signs. Sandbar crossing in front of a natural spring coming up from the ground.. the sand is solid as long as water is flowing. Coming back across, the water flow had died down and even though the depth was only 6-8 inches, I immediately sank up to my skid plates. Bam, suddenly I'm mat max fording depth in 8" of water. Ive done thousands of miles off-road and have never seen anything like it.

• Wow
Reactions: abe

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW!!! That's wild - I know quick sand is real.... but have never heard a story of anyone actually getting encountering it. Happy nothing like the movies happened.... LOL - kidding.

Back to crackling.... I still think it's localized to speaker.... I'd Start by first swapping L./R rear speakers see if crackling follows - it'll help your trouble shooting and give some leads for tracing wires.... Let me know outcome!!

AND Happy your incident wasn't worse.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also... Someone here said the front center and rear pod speakers are not amplified... so that might help as well.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW!!! That's wild - I know quick sand is real.... but have never heard a story of anyone actually getting encountering it. Happy nothing like the movies happened.... LOL - kidding.

Back to crackling.... I still think it's localized to speaker.... I'd Start by first swapping L./R rear speakers see if crackling follows - it'll help your trouble shooting and give some leads for tracing wires.... Let me know outcome!!

AND Happy your incident wasn't worse.
Quicksand is actually quite common anywhere you have sandy surfaces near springs or other water sources that allow water to rise (like near the coast when tide comes in). Florida and the Carolinas are where I've experienced it the most, but its also common in AZ, UT, NM and the like anytime you are near natural springs.

My mistake was walking the water crossing for the inbound leg of the trip and thinking it was safe a few hours later when doing the outbound leg of the trip. Nope. Water flow had slowed down allowing quicksand to form. Oh well.

It's not like the movies.. In real life, its just soupy sand you just can't get out of. The more you dig, the more you sink. Luckily, the Bronco was sitting on the skids/frame and couldn't sink any further, but a 10,000lb winch was useless and it took a F250 about 5 hours to pull me free. Fun fun.

I'll do a big post with photos once I get things all back together with the Bronco. Stripped it down to the tub on the inside to dry everything out properly. That Badlands washout flooring is a joke, BTW. Gonna toss it in the trash and just do bed liner at some point.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quicksand is actually quite common anywhere you have sandy surfaces near springs or other water sources that allow water to rise (like near the coast when tide comes in). Florida and the Carolinas are where I've experienced it the most, but its also common in AZ, UT, NM and the like anytime you are near natural springs.

My mistake was walking the water crossing for the inbound leg of the trip and thinking it was safe a few hours later when doing the outbound leg of the trip. Nope. Water flow had slowed down allowing quicksand to form. Oh well.

It's not like the movies.. In real life, its just soupy sand you just can't get out of. The more you dig, the more you sink. Luckily, the Bronco was sitting on the skids/frame and couldn't sink any further, but a 10,000lb winch was useless and it took a F250 about 5 hours to pull me free. Fun fun.

I'll do a big post with photos once I get things all back together with the Bronco. Stripped it down to the tub on the inside to dry everything out properly. That Badlands washout flooring is a joke, BTW. Gonna toss it in the trash and just do bed liner at some point.
Sounds like a fun time, only not really. So you think the wash out flooring is a joke all around or just due to your individual moment of getting stuck?

Yes, I agree quicksand isn't like the movies.... I've been places where it's common, just have never encountered it.

Mostly curious about the speaker issues you're having.... I should have my BL in a few more weeks and I have the lux package. So any info you find would be helpful for future possible trouble shooting.

Again, glad all is well.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a fun time, only not really. So you think the wash out flooring is a joke all around or just due to your individual moment of getting stuck?

Yes, I agree quicksand isn't like the movies.... I've been places where it's common, just have never encountered it.

Mostly curious about the speaker issues you're having.... I should have my BL in a few more weeks and I have the lux package. So any info you find would be helpful for future possible trouble shooting.

Again, glad all is well.
It's open cell foam, and max fording depth is like 6-7" higher than the footwell of the Bronco, even on 35s. Anyone who goes anywhere near fording depth is going to have to deal with a soggy, squishy floor. It sucks up water like a sponge.
Sponsored

Reactions: JAC