Sponsored

Anyone have a work around the get the search option to work on the navigation while driving?

Steve0we

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-350 , 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have a work around the get the search option to work on the navigation while driving? Does it work with a passenger in the car? I dont think I have had a passenger with me yet.
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I know, no.

Fortunately, The voice assistant isn’t tooooo bad to use.. and the quick buttons (Recents, gas, hotels, food, etc) are 90% of selections.

It can be fooled by bucklin up the passenger seat and carrying around a 65lb chocolate lab everywhere. Little does Sync know, she is not the best copilot to be inputting destinations

edit: I didn’t know about the forscan method or the “canopener” - how cool is that.

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, the work around is to use it as intended. Tell the Ford assistant or Siri or the Google thing where you want to go.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can remove it via FORSCAN I believe by setting the region outside the US in the APIM, but you'll lose access to e911 and a few other features that are location based.

Ignore the goat mode selection, I included it to keep the image readable. Otherwise the ratio causes issues.

Ford Bronco Anyone have a work around the get the search option to work on the navigation while driving? 1678394407945

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't like to tell the siri google thing my life history. Hey google..... I'm looking for the nearest TT Bar LOL
The thing is… I’m simply trying to cash a cheque and always end up at the rippers. Ford knows best I guess

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The CANOPENER device is one solution - love mine - but it's expensive and requires taking apart most of your dashboard.

The Forscan approach is easier, but does disable 911 assist, among other things. I didn't want that, so went the harder route

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I've noticed something with my nav that I think is a bug, but I have my updates turned off for other reasons as well so I like this "bug"

As far as I can tell, most things I've tried to use while driving work...UNTIL a passenger actually sits in the seat. Then the system puts up a prompt basically stating are you the passenger otherwise things won't be enabled.

And as far as using navigation, I found pressing the button on the steering wheel and saying "take me to ____" works quite well.

rlgreene21

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the latest update you can enable Amazon Alexa on Sync to be your voice assistant even without a smart phone in the car. It comes with 3 years of free data just for Alexa and once enabled you just need to say Alexa navigate me to...….and it works much better than the Sync voice assistant. You don't need to hit the voice assistant button on the steering wheel, just say Alexa and your command. Also works for other things such as asking about the weather etc. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the latest update you can enable Amazon Alexa on Sync to be your voice assistant even without a smart phone in the car. It comes with 3 years of free data just for Alexa and once enabled you just need to say Alexa navigate me to...….and it works much better than the Sync voice assistant. You don't need to hit the voice assistant button on the steering wheel, just say Alexa and your command. Also works for other things such as asking about the weather etc. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.
Don't think this is a recent update though..my phone doesn't have to be in the car for me to work with alexa. Most of the time my phone isn't connected at all to the Bronco
Sponsored