Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I can mount some form of diaper bag, that would be a wrap. Easy access when changing the little monster would be the most useful haha

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto on the thanks for this link.
Just what I needed, more stuff to spend on.

And by the way, as a curiosity:
GMRS or CB?
I have a Uniden handheld CB, but thought about also getting a GMRS setup.
We are just all kinda limited on space, curious what most run/recommend.
I know it depends on what your group or club (if you are in one, I am not yet) runs.
But I've been hearing more about the GMRS lately on the FB offroading pages.
My group we all ran cbs but switched to gmrs a couple years ago. Way way way, better range and clarity. Plus the radios and antenna are much smaller.

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are so many packs/pouches to choose from. I am thinking that I want to keep it relatively thin to hold tools, first aid kit and maybe a water bottle (not all in one). Let's see some pics!
If I hang a small axe on the back of the seat, will I have a Molle Hatchet?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe a water bottle holder and some trash compartment/universal storage thing, but not gonna plaster the whole seat back with little bags. Need the legroom for the kids and don't really want to advertise that there's lots of stuff to steal in my Bronco, I'll have nothing of value in there unless I'm going somewhere. I hope some basic recovery gear will fit in that area by the jack, also a little first aid kit to have every day. But no pricy axe or knife or other gear.
I want to look at that low cargo drawer and what ever other companies come up with, level out the rear for the folded down seats. Like the lockable drawer idea. Or I'll build something myself, I want to be able to camp in the back on trips.

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes but you may be “flirting with disaster”.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was planning on removing the panels on the front seat backs for extra room. There are sure to be other options as it's all bronco bolts. In a 2-door, when you're going out, i'm guessing you need those seats down and max storage space instead of things rattling around on the seat backs.

Could also easily fabricate something with laser cut sheet metal if you wanted something else. They would be great color matched just to add some more color back there.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ll be installing GMRS.

I think a lot of the more established events (EJS) use CB. As you said, it all depends on the club/group.
I have a mix of radios because of that very thing. When I go to URE, its CB, but I also do some local volunteer work where dual-band/HAM is needed, and my horse riding friends like GMRS. I have handhelds for all 3 types. I use a Midland 75-822 now for CB, a DBR2500 for HAM, and a handheld for GMRS to cover all the bases.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a mix of radios because of that very thing. When I go to URE, its CB, but I also do some local volunteer work where dual-band/HAM is needed, and my horse riding friends like GMRS. I have handhelds for all 3 types. I use a Midland 75-822 now for CB, a DBR2500 for HAM, and a handheld for GMRS to cover all the bases.
What handheld do you use or recommend for GMRS?

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What handheld do you use or recommend for GMRS?
I am using a Midland T1VP3 handheld which serves me well for off-road and trail use since everyone tends to stay in range.

Sponsored

j1mfish

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Hyb, 2003 Dodge Durango 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Haha
Reactions: jxc

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ESEE Advanced Survival Kit, kinda pricey but you can find on sale, all top notch stuff.

https://knifeworks.com/esee-advance...case-w-esee-4p-black-blade-orange-g10-handle/
Esee is top notch. Ive used some of their products (ESEE 5 & ESEE 6, Zancudo) in full blown survival situations and they've never let me down. If you are serious about making it back alive, Esee will always getcha home.

I'm very much the plan for anything type.

My recommendation for all is to put an IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) in your vehicle and have it handy (back of seat or tailgate). Essential for treating trauma.
Ford Bronco Anyone have any cool MOLLE ideas? 1631488942862

https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/individual-first-aid-kit-ifak/

I keep these in my vehicles, my house and my weekend getaway bag.

This is different than a first aid kit, which isn't a terrible idea in addition to the IFAK.

A fire extinguisher is always nice.

I will have a PLB (personal locator beacon) located on the passenger seat MOLLE.
Ford Bronco Anyone have any cool MOLLE ideas? 1631488921853

I also keep a Motorola radio in my truck that has the ability to connect to my cellphone and allows me to send texts and photos without cellphone towers to others in my group with the same setup. Great for those times you don't have cellphone service but you really need to share that cat meme or your gps coords.

Other than that, most of it is just the usuals. Flashlight is a must. Headlamps are great in emergencies.

Oh, stash some Life Straws in a molle pouch and keep them with the vehicle. Great in a pinch.

I do quite a lot of remote stuff with zero chance of making a phone call, so it's important to be self sufficient in emergencies. I've had more than one opportunity to rely on proper survival gear and training, so its worth having.

Everything but the IFAK is a bit much if you are sticking to blacktop, but EVERYONE should have an IFAK.

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs