Sponsored

Anyone have any experience painting the bolts on the beauty rings?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to paint my beauty rings but I want to perhaps color match the beauty rings bolts for contrast. Anyone have any experience in this area, advice? Kinda going for this look.

Screenshot_20220808-054419_Google.jpg
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bolts are difficult to paint- as once you put them on and tighten them with a socket, it most of the time in my experience messes up the paint (chipping) in the corners where the socket makes contact after install and tightening.

The ones in the photo almost look like they are "anodized". Typically anodize can be done on aluminum and titanium and not steel. The bolts are most likely steel.

If I were going to paint the bolts I would make sure they are clean and use a high quality spray paint, very light coat or coats to minimize the "chipping" after install with a socket.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking about this as well. Once the beauty rings are painted and installed, there is really no reason to remove them. I think I will hand paint them with a small brush after install.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you're talking about painting another color besides factory black? Because I've had those off and on a couple of times, also a couple different flats fixed and 7k miles on them and not a scratch or chip yet on the bolts.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bolts are cheap. One step above plastic. They strip and suck. I powder coated my rings and 5 bolts need to be replaced due to the head stripping. Horrible. They also are starting to rust from being marred. Worst experience so far with my Bronco

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going to paint my beauty rings but I want to perhaps color match the beauty rings bolts for contrast. Anyone have any experience in this area, advice? Kinda going for this look.

Ford Bronco Anyone have any experience painting the bolts on the beauty rings? Screenshot_20220808-054419_Google
Although we do not have any thoughts on the process, if you end up doing this we would love to see photos after!

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Powder coated my rings, painted the bolts with rustoleum . They look fine , probably need to be sprayed every year though.

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Powder coated my rings, painted the bolts with rustoleum . They look fine , probably need to be sprayed every year though.
Do you have any pics?