Sponsored

Anyone have experience going from an F150 to a Bronco?

jasonc0604

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150 XLT FX4 "White Lightning"
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For context: I am awaiting shipment of my 4-door Badlands Sasquatch. I’m a third-day reservation holder and effectively I’m weeks away from taking delivery. Originally the plan was to be able to take delivery of the Bronco as a second vehicle however things have changed and the only way I would be able to get my Bronco is to trade my 2020 F150 (XLT, 3.5, FX4, max tow). Up until this past week I needed an F150 with max tow in order to pull my travel trailer however the trailer was just totaled out due to hail damage. I’m giving it serious consideration to trade in my F150 and the only thing holding me back is the thought of how much I would miss having a truck bed when I would need it.
Just curious if anyone else has traded from a truck into a Bronco and what their experience has been like so far.
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Traded my 2018 f150 in on my 4 door base sasquatch no problems yet. Had pick ups for 40 yrs my last one never hauled anything and only pulled a u haul trailer the Bronco could of handled easily. With the 4 door back seats down and an old blanket laid out hauled a full set of 5 new 33's on rims for a friend no problem.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a utility trailer the Bronco could work. I kept all my other vehicles including a couple f150s, since they all serve a different purpose for me.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is no joke. The turn radius on an F150 is terrible.
Clearly you have never driven a Chevy Silverado. Those are far worse than a Ford.

My wife has an F-150 crew cab. It really makes me nervous in parking lots, worse than the Expy I am driving while waiting for my bronco. So smooth and comfy on the freeway though with that ridiculously long wheelbase.

Other than hauling bales of hay, or sacks of feed, her 5 1/2 ft bed isn't that useful though. I miss my old 95 F-250. Short cab, 8' bed.

If you really need a pickup to haul stuff, it's not that expensive to just pick up a 20 year old F-150 or F-250 short cab/ long bed and drive it once a month.

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Traded my 2014 Raptor SuperCrew w 190,000 miles on it towards the 22 Bronco BB Sas.

I used my Raptor for hunting and camping lots. Me and 4 other guys.
There is NOTHING I’ve ever had that has as much rear space as the Raptor Screw.

I hauled all our gear on those trips that had 8 hour drives plus the 5 of us with stuff in the cab - yet all were comfortable including my 83 year old dad.

Moved my daughter in and out of her dorms and apartments throughout college. 5 guys camping don’t have half the stuff one college age girl seems to need!

Plenty of power even with Toyo M/T 36” tires which weigh a ton.

With that as background at first I really missed the passenger room and hauling capacity.

‘That lasted about 8-9 days and then I really started to enjoy the Bronco. Added a hitch for bike carrying and a basket and will add a 7-pin for a trailer sometime soon.

Looking for a rack and once I have that, I think I’ll be all set even without a trailer.

Now … zero regrets and plenty of fun.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For context: I am awaiting shipment of my 4-door Badlands Sasquatch. I’m a third-day reservation holder and effectively I’m weeks away from taking delivery. Originally the plan was to be able to take delivery of the Bronco as a second vehicle however things have changed and the only way I would be able to get my Bronco is to trade my 2020 F150 (XLT, 3.5, FX4, max tow). Up until this past week I needed an F150 with max tow in order to pull my travel trailer however the trailer was just totaled out due to hail damage. I’m giving it serious consideration to trade in my F150 and the only thing holding me back is the thought of how much I would miss having a truck bed when I would need it.
Just curious if anyone else has traded from a truck into a Bronco and what their experience has been like so far.
I went from a 6.7 diesel f350 to bronco. Had trucks for last 30 yrs. Getting ready to retire from fire dept soon. Sold are 5th wheel camper. Kids are almost done with school. Depends where you are in life.If this was 10 yrs ago I never wouldve gotten rid of my truck. No need for it now. Moving south soon. To me it sounds like you are prolly in a diff point in life and might need that truck. Back of bronco wont cut it for hauling much at all. Rethink……

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 21 XLT F150 SCREW w/ 2.7
And a 22 4dr Base Bronco w/ 2.7.

The F150 is a nicer vehicle but is 18k more sticker. 55k v 37k

I have also had a few XL F150s. They are much more practical.

IMO the Bronco does not make a better primary vehicle than a F150

The Bronco is a more fun vehicle though.

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love my bronco but I really miss having a truck bed. I’ve thought about switching back a few times.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went from an F250 to a bronco. We sold our fifth wheel. I rarely miss the truck bed I have a small utility trailer that is bigger than a truck bed and easier to load.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For context: I am awaiting shipment of my 4-door Badlands Sasquatch. I’m a third-day reservation holder and effectively I’m weeks away from taking delivery.

First of all, I can't believe you are still waiting on a day 3 reservation, WOW!

I was going to trade I my 2012 F150 when I picked up my 2DR Badlands Bronco but decide to keep it. Originally I was thinking it wasn't worth much 170,000 miles but people are willing to buy anything these days.

I don't need it much but the kids drive it and I can haul messy things once in a while. I ave to say, its still one of the favorite vehicles in the family.
Sponsored