Sponsored

Anyone have experience going from an F150 to a Bronco?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll just say this…

My dealer has had three of their Bronco customers trade in their less-than-1yr-old Broncos for F-150s. Two of them got F-150 Tremors, and the third got an F-150 Lightning.

Unlike the Broncos of old, it is NOT a full-sized SUV. It is a mid-sized SUV. It has about the same storage capacity and everyday utility as a Ford Explorer… just… obviously with a lot more off-road capabilities.
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Traded my 2014 Raptor SuperCrew w 190,000 miles on it towards the 22 Bronco BB Sas.

I used my Raptor for hunting and camping lots. Me and 4 other guys.
There is NOTHING I’ve ever had that has as much rear space as the Raptor Screw.

I hauled all our gear on those trips that had 8 hour drives plus the 5 of us with stuff in the cab - yet all were comfortable including my 83 year old dad.

Moved my daughter in and out of her dorms and apartments throughout college. 5 guys camping don’t have half the stuff one college age girl seems to need!

Plenty of power even with Toyo M/T 36” tires which weigh a ton.

With that as background at first I really missed the passenger room and hauling capacity.

‘That lasted about 8-9 days and then I really started to enjoy the Bronco. Added a hitch for bike carrying and a basket and will add a 7-pin for a trailer sometime soon.

Looking for a rack and once I have that, I think I’ll be all set even without a trailer.

Now … zero regrets and plenty of fun.
Not that you were soliciting recommendations, but I cant speak highly enough of my Kuat rack setup. Check them out! Worth every penny.

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have both and it’s great to have the option. There have been times where either vehicle didn’t fit the task so having access to both is nice. Cabin space is a big difference, power, and handling are as well. Hope that helps.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There have been a few times I missed having a truck bed, but then I just pay for delivery and get to drive home in my awesome Bronco.

For skis, I got the roof rack as mine physically wouldn't fit in the 2 door. Easy solution with the roof rack.

Only a few times have I thought "man, this would be easier with my truck" but then I remember that I can just pay for a delivery service.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not an F150 but came from a crew cab Silverado. Assuming your truck has a 5.5ft bed like mine did, just about the only thing I can’t replicate with my 4dr is hauling full sheets of plywood. (That’s assuming you’re not one of those guys that is deathly afraid of maybe scuffing the Bronco’s fragile interior…) I’ve hauled lumber up to 8ft, the same amount of camping gear my truck held, hell I even brought an 8ft Christmas tree home inside the Bronco. (This is all with the rear seats folded down btw.)

Yes there have been times I miss the simplicity of just throwing whatever into the bed, instead of having to play Tetris with the Bronco. However the Bronco is a hell of a lot more fun to drive. Unless you’re hauling full loads every single week then get the Bronco and borrow/rent a truck when you absolutely need it.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still have my 2012 Sierra. Sometimes there is no substitute for a truck where I live. Of course it's been paid for for years. No one has ever sat in the back seat, so the 2 door works for us.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everybody has different needs. You’re just going to have to determine for yourself how you’ll deal with not having a truck.

I’ve had a truck continuously for 40 years, and I can’t imagine not having one. (It was a nightmare when my F150 was in the shop for two weeks!) But then, I live in a fixer-upper house on a horse property (7 horses currently), and I have motorcycles. So a truck is pretty mandatory. In a few years, we’re going to sell this place, build a regular house, and (presumably) not have kids living with us any more. (We’ll see how that goes, LOL). So maybe we won’t need a truck, but it‘ll be weird…

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not an F150, but I did go from a Tundra Limited w/TRD package.

I personally never towed anything, so the tow package was there for looks for me.

I really only used the bed of the truck a few times a year. Camping, long road trips, the occasional trip to Lowes for mulch etc.

So far, I can't say I miss it. I just test fit all my camping gear in the truck yesterday, and it fits fine.

I haven't needed anything from Lowes yet, but I have the liners in the back and on the fold down seats, so I can't say I'm worried about the carpet getting messed up/dirty. I can pull out the liner, or get it all with the shop vac.

I'm pretty happy with the Bronco.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not that you were soliciting recommendations, but I cant speak highly enough of my Kuat rack setup. Check them out! Worth every penny.
Can you post what all you have from them? I know that brand is pricey but they seem to make good stuff.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, we've had a number of trucks, last one pulled a fifth wheel camper. Sold the camper a number of years back, then a year or so later the truck. It was hard to sell the truck. They're convenient at heck. Yet in the five or six years since then, I've only had a real need for a truck once, and borrowed a small trailer and used my suv to get the job done. Don't miss it at all now. If I absolutely need a truck for a day or two I'll rent one from Home Depot. Everyone's situation is different, only you can decide.

Hopefully we'll have our Bronco by end of the week.

Take care. Contented

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you post what all you have from them? I know that brand is pricey but they seem to make good stuff.
I have a Kuat Pivot hitch that swings to passenger side and allows full use of the door, and a Sherpa 2.0 rack!

1D57D4C5-85A6-435B-92CF-7C10D35698AA.jpeg

04B742D1-090E-47F0-9045-8C70D793FFA6.jpeg

A43BD1CD-CEFE-4C8D-8C90-58A7354A9957.jpeg

F79DFA90-D93B-4BCD-ABD8-F1D71C751DFA.jpeg

BD61B1C2-E949-484E-954A-F6D59AF012A2.jpeg

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am getting the wife a Wildtrak . . . 202? My truck is a 2019 F150 Lariat FX4, they will need to burry me in it some day. I bought it at the height of COVID and got 0% for 84 months. I am already ahead by like 14 months.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

N
I have a Kuat Pivot hitch that swings to passenger side and allows full use of the door, and a Sherpa 2.0 rack!

1D57D4C5-85A6-435B-92CF-7C10D35698AA.jpeg

04B742D1-090E-47F0-9045-8C70D793FFA6.jpeg

A43BD1CD-CEFE-4C8D-8C90-58A7354A9957.jpeg

F79DFA90-D93B-4BCD-ABD8-F1D71C751DFA.jpeg

BD61B1C2-E949-484E-954A-F6D59AF012A2.jpeg
Nice looking setup! Thanks for posting it. They are the best looking solution I’ve seen.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I could never be without a truck. If I had to get rid of my truck to get a Bronco, I wouldn't have a Bronco. Everyone's needs are different, so you really need to think about this one since it sounds like your doubting a Bronco can replace your truck. If your used to the size, comfort, and road trip ability of an F150, the Bronco is a pretty big step down in all.
Sponsored