Sponsored

Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this?

Deleted member 32220

Sorry to see you guys still having issues, I think there will be 2 more broncos “abandoned” the dealer will love me. “Yes we don’t have to sell at msrp anymore”
Sponsored

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where you able to close the gap by moving the back part hard top forward at all? I just noticed I have a similar gap on my passenger side as well.
I haven't really messed with it. I did take off the top panel and tried to force the gasket over a little, but it didn't move much. I may mess with it again today.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have a gap like this on their two-door hardtop? It looks pretty janky, I can see all the way through it about a quarter to half an inch wide.

IMG_20220101_172035.jpg
Wtf!? That looks like it would be totally open along the back edge! By a 1/2" or more.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wtf!? That looks like it would be totally open along the back edge! By a 1/2" or more.
You can look through it and see the inside of the rooftop.... I think it's going to take lifting the hardtop off and then adjusting the whole gasket over. Makes me question the long-term quality of that gasket though...

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If they can’t manage to do correctly, the one fucking thing that they do, which is something that they taught the world to do 120 years ago, they need to call it quits. Getting it mostly right some of the time isn’t good enough. Henry Ford would be rolling in his grave if he saw the quality control issues coming off of his line.

Sponsored

Cubertious

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's going to take lifting the hardtop off and then adjusting the whole gasket over.
I'm also thinking/hoping this as well. I probably won't be able to give it a try until this next weekend though.

OP
OP
bronco2drga

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm also thinking/hoping this as well. I probably won't be able to give it a try until this next weekend though.
I'll probably attempt it Tuesday, will post back when I do.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got my Bronco this week and that gap is present on both sides. It’s worse on the passenger side. Not sure what I can do since the seal won’t stretch to close the gap.

Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? 2EA2B2F2-0B73-47D0-B4E5-5ABA6186EBAD

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone correct this issue? If so, how was it done?

Just realized in the middle of a snow storm I've got this issue and I can't correct it. I have never opened my hard top roof.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is no fix. Everyone I’ve seen has the gap, some worse than others. Last winter there were plenty of snow intrusion pics from the gap.

B6D7A3C4-2511-4AAE-89B8-E8A897E75FDA.jpeg

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone had this particular problem addressed by their dealership? Mine is telling me it's like that by design, and I swear somebody on this forum had their dealership replace the seals.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine isnt quite so bad but the misalignment really bothers me. I can however put a flashlight on the outside to that rear corner spot and see light on the inside.

top2.jpeg

top4.jpeg

top5.jpeg

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine isnt quite so bad but the misalignment really bothers me. I can however put a flashlight on the outside to that rear corner spot and see light on the inside.

Ford Bronco Anyone have gap in their 2-door hardtop like this? top5

I just looked at mine, MY23 BL, and it looks exactly like yours. I have not done the flashlight test but you bet I'm going to do that after work. Might explain that extra little bit of wind noise I hear from that location.

Full disclosure, I used to be a supplier rep. engineer in a Ford Plant and worked closely with the NVH engineer so I know the difference between "wind noise" from leaks and "wind noise" from a brick-shaped vehicle going 60 mph down the road. I will investigate.

Cheers,

WC

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just looked at mine, MY23 BL, and it looks exactly like yours. I have not done the flashlight test but you bet I'm going to do that after work. Might explain that extra little bit of wind noise I hear from that location.

Full disclosure, I used to be a supplier rep. engineer in a Ford Plant and worked closely with the NVH engineer so I know the difference between "wind noise" from leaks and "wind noise" from a brick-shaped vehicle going 60 mph down the road. I will investigate.

Cheers,

WC

Above 60mph I can put my hand up where the front panels meet the rear and feel air coming in. It only get worse at 75 and Im sure you can imagine the noise. Im more concerned with that. My dealer has had it twice now and only thing theyve done is made it worse. My last trip (last thurs) they adjust the front latches per a TSB and now my front left panel is jammed. Its going back in the morning to get fixed.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hardtop-fitment-issues.61082/
Sponsored