Sponsored

Anyone have issues with their Head Unit?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Drove to Dallas from OKC and experienced a glitch in the Matrix. This was new on my year old 2 door sasquatch Bronco. Typically, I loose connection to my phone signal and everything just simply craps out. This seemed different though, and to fix I just stopped at the next red light and restarted the Vehicle. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

yes, happens to me at least 1 a month
Just restarts itself as I'm driving

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeap... a few times. I have to turn off the engine, open the door, restart, and that usually helps. I can't control anything on the unit when that happens, radio, nothing...

Ford Bronco Anyone have issues with their Head Unit? Screenshot_20230720_185708_Photos

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeap... a few times. I have to turn off the engine, open the door, restart, and that usually helps. I can't control anything on the unit when that happens, radio, nothing...
You can try to press and hold the power button plus track forward button. This should force it to restart. I read that here in another thread, and it is much easier than shutting the engine off and opening the door.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Debbie downer from IT says...in laptops that is a indicator that the graphics card is about to shit itself or the ribbon cable from the mobo to the display got messed up. It starts off random, comes and goes, gets worse, then dies one day.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can try to press and hold the power button plus track forward button. This should force it to restart. I read that here in another thread, and it is much easier than shutting the engine off and opening the door.
Thanks, I'll try that next time.
Sponsored