Sponsored

Anyone having “dropout” problems with satellite signal?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But that means having to futz with your phone while driving to change channels.
I have favorites stations saved on the phone. I can access them on the 12 inch when I use CarPlay.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropouts and it constantly reverts back to the the preview channel.
Mine seems to drop out quite a bit more than my other vehicles too but the going to the preview channel is the most annoying part.

PhillyGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 SuperCrew Platinum, 2018 BMW X3 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2014 F150 has better XM reception! I'm doing the same thing with CarPlay, but I hate it chews my cellular data plan. Wish Ford can come up with a better solution!

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the app mostly, and turn the audio quality to max. Sounds a lot better than the satellite signal that way, and doesn't drop out as much...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had this issue on some of my previous vehicles as well. It was always the same areas; very predictable yet nothing that should have impacted it (i.e. - no trees, tall buildings, etc.). It was very bizarre. Not enough of an issue to stop me from using it (when I used to subscribe to SiriusXM) but it was a mild inconvenience.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not just the usual suspects anymore: tall trees and buildings. There are several areas around town where my signal drops out. (No Bronco yet, but both my other vehicles.) There is just more interference now days it seems.
It didn't help when a few years back they went from satellites in polar orbits to a geosynchronous feed. Now if anything blocks your southern view you're out. And with the satellites being so much further away the signal strength is lower.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, same here. I've been a Sirius subscriber for over a dozen years. Reception drops out in spots that no other vehicle I've owned has. Very very annoying. And of course I have the roof rack, which sounds like it compounds the issue.

Maybe I will take it off to see if that helps. Plus, it will make removing the roof panels much easier.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, same here. I've been a Sirius subscriber for over a dozen years. Reception drops out in spots that no other vehicle I've owned has. Very very annoying. And of course I have the roof rack, which sounds like it compounds the issue.

Maybe I will take it off to see if that helps. Plus, it will make removing the roof panels much easier.
I took off my roof rack to see if it would help with the wind noise (it did) but it made no improvement on the SiriusXM reception. Still drops out in the oddest of places, and where our Subaru has no issues.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not just the usual suspects anymore: tall trees and buildings. There are several areas around town where my signal drops out. (No Bronco yet, but both my other vehicles.) There is just more interference now days it seems.
It didn't help when a few years back they went from satellites in polar orbits to a geosynchronous feed. Now if anything blocks your southern view you're out. And with the satellites being so much further away the signal strength is lower.
Ford Bronco Anyone having “dropout” problems with satellite signal? 3oEjI789af0AVurF60

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took off my roof rack to see if it would help with the wind noise (it did) but it made no improvement on the SiriusXM reception. Still drops out in the oddest of places, and where our Subaru has no issues.
I took mine off too, over the weekend. Mostly because I wanted to make it easier to take off and put on the roof panels, but the sirius radio reception and wind noise was another plus. I haven't driven around enough to confirm if sirius reception is better, but it doesn't drop off anymore while driving down my street. I'll have to see how it does when driving around some more.

Sponsored

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dropped back in to say that the roof rack removal definitely made an improvement in Sirius radio reception. Driving in the usual places where it dropped out previously now and the signal stays steady.
Now, to find something to do about the crappy FM reception. I can't believe how bad that also is. I know these technologies are being replaced with streaming, but that doesn't mean they should be ignored.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the roof rack compounded by the other xm problems mentioned here. The aluminum crossbar is directly over the xm antenna. It is documented by ford somewhere. Maybe an asterisk In the build and price, can’t really remember.
Nice post, learn something new everyday.

Same issues here, but I love the 80's 90's channel!

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had XM when it first came and it was mostly marketed to truck drivers it did the same thing back then.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve had a few more issues with xm in the bronco compared to my previous vehicle but not too bad. Mainly goes out when I’m in a drive thru for some reason.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reception has been very good overall. It dropped occasionally while driving through the WV/VA mountains but only briefly.
Sponsored