Sponsored

Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded?

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.3 is all you need. Plenty of torque and power. Average 25 mph on a run to the beach. That was nice. Love my big bend.
Sponsored

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted the First Edition "style" but could not afford an additional $20k+, so the Big Bend upgrade was the obvious choice for me, it gave me everything I wanted:
Signature LED Lights
Area 51 Color
Modular Bumper / Bull Bar
Sasquatch Package

An all black basesquatch used to tempt me, however I think the non-signature taillights look so bad.

(I did however swap my grille with a base/bd grille)

Ford Bronco Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded? IMG_5144

Ford Bronco Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded? IMG_5145

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got the Big Bend and I am super happy with it. Honestly though, I would probably be just as happy with the base.

I went with the 2.3L and in my opinion it has plenty of power.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love my big bend, not going to lie needed the mid package. It has features that my last two vehicles had and I wasn't going to go backwards on a car that was almost twice as expensive to not have them lol. I do wish I checked the box for the locker and switches though, haven't needed them yet but wish I checked the box for them

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2.3L Big Bend and I love it. Though I wish I would have gotten the aux switches and rear locker.

Admittedly I'd like the SAS package too, but felt like I was already spending a lot of money.

Sponsored

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am very content with my base 4dr. I do have the 2.7l but do not miss most of the tech of the upgrade options.

My wife has a fairly loaded XLT F150 so I know what I would be missing. Adaptive CC is nice.

as far as off road and lockers. Not really needed for mild stuff but it is a nice to have if you need it. I also have a locked beeter Jeep so I don’t plan on heavy wheeling in the Bronco…for the time being
I’m with you. My husband, BIL and all his friends work with cars constantly. Owns a tune shop and puts twins in TRX’s and trackhawks everyday. They saw my car and go “wait this thing is base?”
They were shocked that their base was so high end. All said there was no reason to upgrade if that’s the base model. I just added tires and wheels to her to make her nicer looking but I’m very happy with my choice.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want to order a Big Bend but want / need a 360 camera since we have little ones and a two sniffHounds that always run around vehicles when we park them. So I decided to add HOSS 3.0 with the 360 camera.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope. I am very happy with my BB. Only thing I wish I had was the big screen but I can live with the little one. I got it exactly how I wanted it.

truvkngfan

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Hot Pepper Red 2.3L Big Bend, Auto, Tow package, Mid Package, Upgraded headlights and Auxiliary Switches, my ONLY regret is not ordering the door bags with the car, otherwise I couldn't be happier with what I got.

20220805_133818.jpg

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love my big bend, not going to lie needed the mid package. It has features that my last two vehicles had and I wasn't going to go backwards on a car that was almost twice as expensive to not have them lol. I do wish I checked the box for the locker and switches though, haven't needed them yet but wish I checked the box for them
I checked the box for lockers and aux switches, and by then I think I was less than $1k from the BD so I wound up switching to that trim. I do enjoy the more aggressive tires and I like the seats better, but wish I could have gotten the signature taillights. Think I'm going to get the flush Oracle ones to improve that though.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I checked the box for lockers and aux switches, and by then I think I was less than $1k from the BD so I wound up switching to that trim. I do enjoy the more aggressive tires and I like the seats better, but wish I could have gotten the signature taillights. Think I'm going to get the flush Oracle ones to improve that though.
I had them on my original OBX build, but then I realized I was paying extra for just the body painted bits and slightly nicer seats since I was sticking to cloth, so I dropped down to big bend. Forgot to add the aux switches and locker and then when my build was previewing I panicked about adding them because I didn't want to add them and mis the build cycle and miss out on my color.

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No regrets here on getting the 2-door Big Bend. I’m happy with the style and size of the wheels and tires vs. base, where I knew I’d be shelling out a grand or two to upgrade a base model. I also got Area 51 and signature headlights, unavailable on the Base last year. Once my order was in I didn’t want to mess with it and risk delay.

If you can get what you want on the Base, with reasonable upgrades, you can’t go wrong. If you were going to Squatch it anyway then yeah, the rest of the Big Bend’s features don‘t seem worth the higher price.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm happy with my BB , 2.3 , AT , 4.27 rear lockers , HPR , aux switches, sig lights, roof rails , side steps/ running boards, key pad, (y) baby pic.
Ford Bronco Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded? image

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered what I wanted! I know I could have gotten wildtrack for a few more bucks..but didn't want alot of the stuff...or could of saved 9 grand and settled on a base but the heated seats is worth 9k to me alone..absolutely no regrets. Carb.gray Big bend sasquatch 2.7, mid pack soft top....friggin love this thing!

Yeti II

Big Bend
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

NOT AT ALL. I love my Big Bend. Mine is not a sas. pkg as I didnt want the road noise or ride from the nubby big tires. This rig I've had since December 2021 and it already has 10k on it!! I have not been off roading but have driven to Kentucky and back twice and all over the the state of Michigan. Including 4 hours towing a large UHaul trailer with armoire. I waited 2yrs and it was certainly worth the wait. It's way quieter and rides way nicer than I expected. The ONLY negative so far is the fabric on the seats seems to grab dirt. I am super picky about a clean car but even with seats covered for the dogs and car seats, any dust or paw prints need to be scrubbed with a damp cloth vs just vacuuming out like a normal vehicle. Also, I get the hand grips in the front need to be nonslip, but they also are impossible to clean. Very sticky and actually shred your papertowel or collect towel turds.

Ford Bronco Anyone in a Big Bend regret their choice? Any Base model owners wish they upgraded? IMG_5229
Sponsored