Sponsored

Anyone in Maine get one yet? How was your dealer experience?

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi New England future and current Bronco owners,

Has anyone on the forum gotten theirs in Maine yet? I've seen one or two around town. Just wondering how the dealer experience went. Still no build date for me but just wondering if people are honoring MSRP or not.
Sponsored

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered mine on 12/27 at Wiscasset Ford so I’m a long way from getting mine. The experience with them was fine but I had really done a lot of research myself, just used them as the medium through which to order it. I signed the order form with the msrp on it (exactly what I expected based on the build and price tool online) and I’m really hoping they don’t surprise me with any markups

Where did you see the ones around you? I’m guessing southern Maine? I live in Gardiner and I haven’t seen one yet.

Also, you’re from Maine and your name is Ben, so that’s neat!

OP
OP
Maine Explorer

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great to meet another Maine resident waiting for one! Hope your dealer works out. I went with Yankee Ford in Westbrook since I'm down south.

Can't take credit for being from Maine unfortunately but at least I can say I came here from VT.

Hope you get yours soon.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base

Has anyone on the forum gotten theirs in Maine yet? I've seen one or two around town. Just wondering how the dealer experience went. Still no build date for me but just wondering if people are honoring MSRP or not.
I am on my forth build date with a growing pile of accessories/mods. Dealer experience has been fine, will report back once built and delivered to dealer. Hopefully this one sticks and more Broncos start rolling into Maine!
Meals

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to buy one at a Maine dealer, terrible experience. Made a deal over the phone, drove 12 hours to pick it up, and when I got there my sales guy just kept insisting that before we could take it for a drive he would have to get me another pair of pants. I told him the jeans I was wearing should be fine, but he just kept saying he would get me some pants and we would take it for a test drive. I got frustrated and left :(

I don't know why he was so adamant on getting me some Khakis to drive the Bronco? :D

Sponsored

Lost Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 King Ranch F250, 07 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried to buy one at a Maine dealer, terrible experience. Made a deal over the phone, drove 12 hours to pick it up, and when I got there my sales guy just kept insisting that before we could take it for a drive he would have to get me another pair of pants. I told him the jeans I was wearing should be fine, but he just kept saying he would get me some pants and we would take it for a test drive. I got frustrated and left :(

Wait, what? You could not drive the Bronco due to your pants?

I don't know why he was so adamant on getting me some Khakis to drive the Bronco? :D

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

WHAT! That has got to be one of the most absurd things that I have heard lately. Where was it?

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I thought y'all would understand the joke... Let me start by being clear and saying that this was a joke, and didn't happen at all. I was saying that the sales guy kept wanting to get me the "car keys" so we could go for a test drive, but I heard "Khakis" due to the Maine accent, and thought he wanted me to change my pants ;)

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, I thought y'all would understand the joke... Let me start by being clear and saying that this was a joke, and didn't happen at all. I was saying that the sales guy kept wanting to get me the "car keys" so we could go for a test drive, but I heard "Khakis" due to the Maine accent, and thought he wanted me to change my pants ;)
Ahh, I see. A play on our most excellent accent. When you speak like that everyday it's hard to register the underlining humor.
😁

KGott38

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I ordered and received mine this past November from Ripley and Fletcher in South Paris. They honored MSRP. Contact forum member ProjectRally, as I am pretty sure he got his at Yankee.

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting on mine...

edit: just saw a real live Bronco in Bucksport, first one.

Last edited:

broncodog

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all! I've shipped!

I've seen a carbonized gray one in Augusta 3 or 4 times over the last few months, pretty sure it always has dealer plates on it.

Ordered: 10/13/2021
VIN#: 11/18/2021
"Blend" Date 1/28
Tuesday 2/8 EDD 2/24 😁
Wednesday 2/9 EDD 5/25 😭
Thursday 2/10 "acceptance" of May 😖
Friday 2/11 "Built" on tracker 2/10 🥳
Saturday 2/12 "Shipped" on tracker 🙃🎢
Darlings in Brunswick, Maine: been wonderful to work with!!

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all! I've shipped!

I've seen a carbonized gray one in Augusta 3 or 4 times over the last few months, pretty sure it always has dealer plates on it.

"Blend" Date 1/28
Tuesday 2/8 EDD 2/24 😁
Wednesday 2/9 EDD 5/25 😭
That's awesome, Congrats! I have been seeing a couple here and there. Stopped by my dealer last week and they had just gotten their first 22' in.
You will see me cruising around Augusta with a 2dr EG hopefully by this summer.

Meals.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all! I've shipped!

"Blend" Date 1/28
Tuesday 2/8 EDD 2/24 😁
Wednesday 2/9 EDD 5/25 😭
That's awesome, congrats!

I'm waiting until builds are scheduled through June, then hopefully Darlings will refund my deposit if no progress.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all! I've shipped!

"Blend" Date 1/28
Tuesday 2/8 EDD 2/24 😁
Wednesday 2/9 EDD 5/25 😭
Congratulations! So happy to hear you have had a great experience with Darlings Ford.
Sponsored