Sponsored

Anyone install a JL Audio 8" W1v3 Sub into the B&O enclosure?

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone install a JL Audio 8" W1v3 Sub into the B&O enclosure?
The JL Sub has a 3.86" mounting depth and from what I have seen posted here the B&O enclosure has a depth of 4"
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following, I'm looking to add an amp and new 8" sub but don't know jack about car audio.

I can follow directions though.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also curious about sub upgrades for B&O system

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have no knowledge with this but from the experience I do have it should sound awesome with a decent amp. I have a shallow mount JL 13.5" from a stealthbox I had in my Jeep thats going in mine with a custom box. It sounded great with 600w rms. You wont need near that for an 8, maybe 200-250rms. I say go for it!

KS22WT

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Mustang GT, Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Following as well. I have a B&O system in my 19 Mustang GT and many upgraded the 10 inch subwoofer to a panasonic which was nearly an identical fit. Sound improvement from the bass was night and day and required no other modifications.

Sponsored

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would also add this to the mix as well. Rockford Fosgate 8" shallow subwoofer, thinking about buying to swap out for my factory sub (moving to remove factor B&O amp/dsp and going with Alpine amplifiers):

Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8

i4Scooter

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Public Transport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You might want to look into integration solutions from NAV TV or Amp Pro. They will give you both RCA or optical outputs to an aftermarket amp while keeping your car chimes and notifications at a normal level

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump.

I’m also considering putting a 8” JL W1 in the B&O enclosure and powering with a Kicker Key 500.1. I believe it will fit.

JL is also going to be releasing the Stealthbox for the bronco soon, so maybe I’ll wait for that.

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump.

I’m also considering putting a 8” JL W1 in the B&O enclosure and powering with a Kicker Key 500.1. I believe it will fit.

JL is also going to be releasing the Stealthbox for the bronco soon, so maybe I’ll wait for that.
Did you have any luck with this, thinking of the JL w3 8” in the b&o enclosure but not sure it will fit. Any help or ideas appreciated !

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
DOn't believe any JL 8" works as mounting depth is too deep.

Sponsored

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DOn't believe any JL 8" works as mounting depth is too deep.
The kicker 8” 48cWR84 has been shown to fit easily in the b&o sub enclosure. The jl audio w1 has less depth and same specifics but the w3 has a little more mount depth than kicker so that’s why I was wondering about it or if anyone has tried!? But are you speaking from trying or just guessing?

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any luck with this, thinking of the JL w3 8” in the b&o enclosure but not sure it will fit. Any help or ideas appreciated !
The W3 will not fit in the OEM enclosure, it’s too deep. Another person on the forum successfully mounted a 8” W1 in the OEM enclosure. See post from OGBroncoBoi in thread linked below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-speakers-upgraded-in-2022-bronco.66256/page-3

This is the thread where I documented my system build. I ended up installing a Kicker Comp R with Kicker Key 500.1. However, the Kicker sub blew the voice coil after a few weeks. I am going to be replacing with a JL W1, but I haven’t swapped it out yet.

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The W3 will not fit in the OEM enclosure, it’s too deep. Another person on the forum successfully mounted a 8” W1 in the OEM enclosure. See post from OGBroncoBoi in thread linked below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-speakers-upgraded-in-2022-bronco.66256/page-3

This is the thread where I documented my system build. I ended up installing a Kicker Comp R with Kicker Key 500.1. However, the Kicker sub blew the voice coil after a few weeks. I am going to be replacing with a JL W1, but I haven’t swapped it out yet.
Perfect thank you so much that is what I was wondering, I have a chance for the w3 for the price of the w1. I was following the other post and it gave me the confidence to try this, replaced all the speakers except the sub.

UTME

Wildtrak
First Name
T-Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon-X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Perfect thank you so much that is what I was wondering, I have a chance for the w3 for the price of the w1. I was following the other post and it gave me the confidence to try this, replaced all the speakers except the sub.
What did you replace the other speakers with?

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you replace the other speakers with?
JL c2-400x in dash, and focal acx in rear pods, I have raptor so can’t use Mabett pods because of rear crossbar so had to stay with 4” in rear pods. Was really hoping I could get the w3 to work in the b&o sun enclosure , but that doesn’t look like it’s going to work
Sponsored