Sponsored

Anyone install a K&N air filter ONLY on the 2.7L ? Looking for feedback. Thanks!

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was thinking of installing just a filter instead of the whole kit. Any thoughts on just the filter install?
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have one on my 2.3L, no cold intake or anything else. Not sure it did anything other than keep me from swapping paper filters every 10k miles, but I still think it's worth it. I thought the throttle response was a bit better at first, but may have been the placebo effect. Or I'm used to it now. It's always been the miserly 10A transmission being the weak link anyway in terms of responsiveness...

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed one and it felt like it gave the Bronco a little more pep right off the line but that's about it. I don't think it was worth the price.

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't. K&N is horrible for filtration. If you don't want to watch the whole thing skip to 13:31 for results. Wix or Purolator 1 seems to be the best with decent performance.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed one and it felt like it gave the Bronco a little more pep right off the line but that's about it. I don't think it was worth the price.
What about induction noise on WOT. This is what I'm after.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about induction noise on WOT. This is what I'm after.
I don't think there is much of a difference but i don't think ive ever went WOT not more than a couple times owning the bronco. I got mine mainly because I was hoping to hear a little turbo noise but never did.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think there is much of a difference but i don't think ive ever went WOT not more than a couple times owning the bronco. I got mine mainly because I was hoping to hear a little turbo noise but never did.
Yep that’s what I was hoping for also. When I had my Mitsubishi Evo X it made a noticeable difference to turbo and induction noise. Exhaust was also a tad louder. I didn’t notice any difference in the Bronco. Wasn’t worth it for this vehicle imo.

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep that’s what I was hoping for also. When I had my Mitsubishi Evo X it made a noticeable difference to turbo and induction noise. Exhaust was also a tad louder. I didn’t notice any difference in the Bronco. Wasn’t worth it for this vehicle imo.
Ok, so no real difference in induction noise on the 2.3 or 2.7 from the filter alone. Must be that the OEM intake/turbo pipes prevent the induction noise....

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
waste of money.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so no real difference in induction noise on the 2.3 or 2.7 from the filter alone. Must be that the OEM intake/turbo pipes prevent the induction noise....
I think new vehicles have to be engineered for maximum efficiency right out of the box due to regulations and competition. If I wanted a noticeable performance boost I’d rather put the $70 on the filter towards the Ford Performance tune. I personally don’t feel the need for it. I don’t think the Bronco is underpowered. Buying premium gas at every fill just isn’t worth it for me.

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't. K&N is horrible for filtration. If you don't want to watch the whole thing skip to 13:31 for results. Wix or Purolator 1 seems to be the best with decent performance.

Only thing about this test is they aren’t the same kind of filters that the Bronco or most cai’s use. Besides that interesting results the one being so far off I would have done again seems like some kind of error.

Cprgt

Wildtrak
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The box is too closed and the turbos sit too low to hear the spool ☹ I went with the full intake kit and it made a slight difference in response but now I hear those lil snails workin!
Sponsored