Sponsored

Anyone install IAG 4 piece interior lights?

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna tackle this install this weekend but hooking to a aux switch instead
I installed mine initially just as IAG suggested. Toughest part was splicing into the correct wire in the harness. Take your time with this step, your not going to want to get it wrong (like I did). Although they come on when a door opens, I also wanted a way to power them from inside. Like @Mt Climber I wired them to an AUX switch as well. EZ PZ
Sponsored

Last edited:

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed and they are great. I only hooked to aux 6. I flipped the harness and ran down the passenger side A pillar. I connected to the aux wiring behind the glovebox.

ADG2

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2017 wrangler sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Follow one of the videos. The only tough thing about the installation is finding the correct wire in the fuse panel to attach to. My fuse box harness was really short and it took a while to find the correct wire. These things give off tons of light. well worth it. I connected it to an aux switch as well.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are there any videos or photos of the actual wiring of this kit to an aux switch?

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was contemplating installation but after watching the videos I decided that it is not worth the hassle. Not sure why they couldn't have spliced into the dome light rather than making you run down the A pillar and across the top of the front window shield.

I am installing the Mabett light this weekend and a dirt cheap LED strip in the cargo compartment. Should be more than enough for my needs. I mostly need extra light in the back, not in the cab.

Topher

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 door Outer Banks, Cactus Grey, MIC, LUX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Mabett dome light and the IAG lights. Huge difference. But IAG did take a lot more time than I thought It would take Dome lights take 5 minutes if you Want to start there.
I too am planning on trying this install but first I will do the Mabett dome light. One question though, is the Mabett dome light as bright as the 21 Offroad version? I would rather go through Amazon but if the 21Odffroad is brighter then I'll go that route.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you tapped into wire harness? Or aux switch? Or both? Wondering if you have a bad +dc connection. I’d run a jumper from battery to the light harness.
Hey thanks for responding. I’m tapped into the wire harness. I ran a wire from the positive terminal of the battery to the light connection and still had the same dimmed result on the lights.

iag was stumped as well.

This place is my last hope before I give up.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and well worth it. The only real pain point, literally, is splicing into the factory harness. Other than that it’s pretty straightforward. Took me about an hour
I agree well worth it, very easy install for everything but finding the correct wire on the factory harness. I absolutely love these lights and would recommend also using the aux switch as a second way to turn them on.
The IAG install is not as bad as the video looks. The video is also very accurate so it’s not hard to just go step-by-step. I’ve had them for a few months and can’t imagine the truck without them now.
I installed mine initially just as IAG suggested. Toughest part was splicing into the correct wire in the harness. Take your time with this step, your not going to get it wrong (like I did). They come on when a door opens but I also wanted a way to power them from inside. Like @Mt Climber I wired them to an AUX switch as well. EZ PZ
All of this. Love mine as I can actually see in the truck after being outside now instead of looking into a black hole.
There were 2-wires that are closely the one you need to tap so just be sure They are both grey & it was hard for me to tell the correct striping on the wire.
Wired mine to Aux6 as well 🤠 .

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Work in the same sense as spray on blackout tail lights all the cool 90s kids had when fast and the furious came out?
Yes but that specific paint is extremely good at producing a transparent red like tail lights. It is used for light up red parts on small plastic models. It's not the same as "rattle can red." lol

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey thanks for responding. I’m tapped into the wire harness. I ran a wire from the positive terminal of the battery to the light connection and still had the same dimmed result on the lights.

iag was stumped as well.

This place is my last hope before I give up.
To add to that we tried a new harness and lights as well just for giggles. I squarely lean towards a ground issue of some kind. But without a multimeter, it's hard to verify that for certain.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To add to that we tried a new harness and lights as well just for giggles. I squarely lean towards a ground issue of some kind. But without a multimeter, it's hard to verify that for certain.
Yes you did. I mentioned you guys being a big help in trying to figure this one out. 👍🙏

Last edited:

FRM

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 22 Bronco Base , 19 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed them about a month ago. And had one of our techs hook them up to the harness, but mine wont work with the door switch for some reason. So I'm going to just wire them to an aux switch.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too am planning on trying this install but first I will do the Mabett dome light. One question though, is the Mabett dome light as bright as the 21 Offroad version? I would rather go through Amazon but if the 21Odffroad is brighter then I'll go that route.
If it looks the same, it probably is the same. A lot of these guys like IAG, Mabett, and others on Amazon have the same source.

Mabett light is super bright. I love it. Now that I have both, it’s kind of overkill.
Sponsored