Sponsored

Anyone installed a subwoofer under the rear seat yet?

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found it on Amazon for $119. Might have to just go that route.
let us know how that sounds and where it fits, please.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone concerned about rain, fording, water with an under seat mount?

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone concerned about rain, fording, water with an under seat mount?
Found this on amazon:

Low Profile Marine Subwoofer System - 1000 Watt 8 Inch Slim Active Waterproof Amplified Bass Speaker - Underseat Mount Audio Sound Amplifier Box For Small Boat, Marine Vehicles - Lanzar AQTB8 (White)
Dimension : 14.5''(D) x 9.5''(W) x 3''(H)

Sponsored

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a custom install done. I didn't want bass that would shake this thing to pieces, and I also didn't want to lose a single square inch of cargo space. I had a box made under my rear seat that fits 2 6.5" subs. I replaced all of my factory speakers as well and everything is running off a 900w JL Audio Amp now. The sound quality is unreal, and no one can believe these are 6.5" subs. Everyone assumes I have a 10".

I got to listen to the B&O system while attending the OffRoadeo, and I found that system to be absolutely nutless, especially with the top down. I went High Pkg instead and installed this system with the money I saved and could not be happier!

Ford Bronco Anyone installed a subwoofer under the rear seat yet? 20220305_181745

Ford Bronco Anyone installed a subwoofer under the rear seat yet? 20220305_181812

Last edited:

MTmeterguy

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a custom install done. I didn't want bass that would shake this thing to pieces, and I also didn't want to lose a single square inch of cargo space. I had a box made under my rear seat that fits 2 6.5" subs. I replaced all of my factory speakers as well and everything is running off a 900w JL Audio Amp now. The sound quality is unreal, and no one can believe these are 6.5" subs. Everyone assumes I have a 10".

I got to listen to the B&O system while attending the OffRoadeo, and I found that system to be absolutely nutless, especially with the top down. I went High Pkg instead and installed this system with the money I saved and could not be happier!

Ford Bronco Anyone installed a subwoofer under the rear seat yet? 20220305_181812

Did the shop make that box for you? That looks exactly what I've been searching for!! Any info you could share would be awesome

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the shop make that box for you? That looks exactly what I've been searching for!! Any info you could share would be awesome
Yes, it was a custom build from a custom audio fabrication shop in HTX. He was skeptical as to how it would come out, if there would be enough air space and enough room, but when it was all said and done he and I both were extremely happy with the results. It sounds absolutely incredible and it is just enough bass to where it can make your ears hurt but not shake your car to pieces lol

More pics available here:

BadSquatch77

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar question, but has anyone attempted to use the space designated for the subwoofer in the B&O in a standard soundsystem bronco yet? That is what I will try to do if it is not incredibly complicated.
My audio guys attempted to replace the B&O sub with a custom box with a 10inch sub in the same spot and they were not happy with the sound they were getting. Said the rattle from the soft top and rear panel was unbearable. I ended up putting an enclosure in the cargo area and it turned out great.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, it was a custom build from a custom audio fabrication shop in HTX. He was skeptical as to how it would come out, if there would be enough air space and enough room, but when it was all said and done he and I both were extremely happy with the results. It sounds absolutely incredible and it is just enough bass to where it can make your ears hurt but not shake your car to pieces lol

Is there any problem with the seat folding down?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any problem with the seat folding down?
Seat doesn't fold down anymore, but once I realized it doesn't fold down flat from the factory anyway I really didn't see a scenario in which I would ever fold it down. The cargo area is more precious to me than the space under the seat and I didn't want to sacrifice any of it.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see you're In H-town, do you ever visit the Austin area? Also, what mids/highs did you upgrade to?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you're In H-town, do you ever visit the Austin area? Also, what mids/highs did you upgrade to?
Sure do. I have family in that area.

For the 6.5s in the kick panels and the dash I used Morel Virtus 603s. I cannot say enough how impressive the sound quality is from these. I crank this thing up and get ZERO distortion until I hit the very top volume, but even then, it isn't much distortion, and it's so loud I can't stand it that loud while I'm in the truck anyway. Absolutely everything is crystal clear and LOUD. A. F. : https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210VIR603/Morel-Virtus-603.html

We threw some Morels in the rear pods as well, but I do not specifically remember which ones.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure do. I have family in that area.

For the 6.5s in the kick panels and the dash I used Morel Virtus 603s. I cannot say enough how impressive the sound quality is from these. I crank this thing up and get ZERO distortion until I hit the very top volume, but even then, it isn't much distortion, and it's so loud I can't stand it that loud while I'm in the truck anyway. Absolutely everything is crystal clear and LOUD. A. F. : https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210VIR603/Morel-Virtus-603.html

We threw some Morels in the rear pods as well, but I do not specifically remember which ones.
Nice! I was actually thinking of getting Morel components as I have heard great things but never heard them in person myself. Next time you're in Austin please let me know, I would like to hear your system.
Sponsored