Sponsored

Anyone installed the Maxlider Dynamat Cargo Kit?

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the cargo area kit only do the floor? What about the cargo side walls??
You'd be better off getting some Dynamat rolls and go at it.
I would DEFINITELY wrap that plastic sub enclosure on the outside and stuff the inside with some speaker insulation.
The rear wheel wells would do well to get covered to dampen road noise as well.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the cargo area kit only do the floor? What about the cargo side walls??
You'd be better off getting some Dynamat rolls and go at it.
I would DEFINITELY wrap that plastic sub enclosure on the outside and stuff the inside with some speaker insulation.
The rear wheel wells would do well to get covered to dampen road noise as well.
This is the description on the part page:

"Fits cargo area floor, inside wheel wells, and passenger rear quarter area "

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I covered nearly everything in the back (and my doors) with custom cut 80 mil kilmat, including every inch of the sub enclosure. It seemed to make a difference — I have essentially no music-caused rattles from my Kicker subwoofer (that’s in the B&O enclosure).

I also wrapped every clip in cloth tape and added rubber washers to where the sub enclosure was screwed into the body.

There are a few stereo related threads in the Electronics forum with pictures from others.

Side benefit: with reduced road noise, the wind noise in my soft top is much clearer!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are several causes of sub rattle. But the absolute best place to start is rubber washers between sub enclosure and body, and the bolts/nuts to enclosure. Then insulate the enclosure to body panel. Best way to do that is wrap in dynomat/Kilmat as stated. Then chase from there. This precut kit will do nothing for sub rattles.

I used a $30 box of Kilmat to do what this dynomat kit will do, and much much more. It’s overpriced.

16614B85-2ACD-409B-9A3F-784D9DA07A5F.jpeg

Sponsored

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are several causes of sub rattle. But the absolute best place to start is rubber washers between sub enclosure and body, and the bolts/nuts to enclosure. Then insulate the enclosure to body panel. Best way to do that is wrap in dynomat/Kilmat as stated. Then chase from there. This precut kit will do nothing for sub rattles.

I used a $30 box of Kilmat to do what this dynomat kit will do, and much much more. It’s overpriced.

Yes, I’ve wondered if there’s anything to Dynamat that makes it better/worth the expense.

What are the deals circled in yellow in your picture? I may have covered those.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ah those are grommets out of the cabin. I circled them in that picture in the past to show someone how to run some wiring lol.

When I looked into Dynomat vs alternatives it seemed pretty well understood they are all the same material and thickness was only difference. I use 80mil Kilmat.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many sq ft was your box of Killmat to do that? 16??
Thanks

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the description on the part page:

"Fits cargo area floor, inside wheel wells, and passenger rear quarter area "
Just looking at the image of the kit, then it's even more of a rip off if THAT is what they think the entire trunk area coverage is.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone installed the Maxlider Dynamat Cargo Kit? 16614B85-2ACD-409B-9A3F-784D9DA07A5F
Did you install any Kilmat under the front seats or firewall as well? If so, how difficult was that?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you install any Kilmat under the front seats or firewall as well? If so, how difficult was that?
I plan to but not yet. I did two of the doors when I took the panels off to work on an indexing issue. Super easy forgot to take pics. The floor boards will obviously be some work due to taking seats out. Probably gonna be a winter project it’s hot AF now lol.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The owner of dynomat posted this picture a while back. Shows the coverage of their kits.

Ford Bronco Anyone installed the Maxlider Dynamat Cargo Kit? A5DC6798-ABE7-4CBA-8A44-203F35DD1A62

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ksjrb03 is absolutely correct

Ill also add that in my experience the panel itself caused most of the issues
i didnt do nearly as extensive, but pulling the panel and kilmat the body and inside panel at the contact areas fixed 90% of my rattles

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone installed the Maxlider Dynamat Cargo Kit? A5DC6798-ABE7-4CBA-8A44-203F35DD1A62
Excellent post!
Sponsored