Sponsored

Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer?

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To my understanding, and please correct me if I’m wrong, we have until Oct. 31st to change our dealer through the Ford customer service number without cancelling our reservation. That would give us time to put together how many of us would be willing to sign on to a particular dealer if they guarantee us a decent deal. I haven’t dealt with dealer on new cars very much so I don’t know all the ins and outs of hiding fees and charges. Is anyone willing to start putting together a list? If you had a list of questions, I‘d be willing to contact the sales manager at certain dealerships for info on their charges.
My reservation Is currently with Bonnell Ford in Winchester.

NH Cheef added a spreadsheet for buyers in NE to see if we can negotiate something with a dealer in this part of the country. Scroll down to his post for the link please.

This was from Bonnell in Stoneham, MA
Ford Bronco Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer? CF3FDD90-CB60-423B-B574-AE1A2A8B3BFE
Sponsored

Last edited:

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm interested. Currently reserved at York Ford in Saugus.

Any idea what type of deal we'd be looking to negotiate? Or what's typical for a group buy scenario? This is all new to me as well. I would hope for something like invoice w/X-Plan honored or maybe even $1,000 or so below invoice (similar to Granger's deal) but unsure how to even approach a dealership on this. I imagine we'd need to have quite a few committed buyers for this to even get considered... Whether that's 10, 20 or 50, I can't say.

Regardless of my skepticism of a dealer working with us favorably, I'm definitely interested in looking into it.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Parrett , @NHCheef , @jimmycarter , @VTNOLE2

Just a suggestion if you will indulge..

If it were someone to do that approaching our store:

1. I would ask for the
  2. Fleet Manager
  3. Internet Manager
  4. Sales Manager
  5. General Manager
  6. Owner

In that order to see who you have to work with first..

Then have a prospective list of Reservations willing to move to them...

Ask what is available form them:
  • MSRP - Window Sticker
  • Invoice -
  • Invoice minus some $$ -
  • X plan availability -
  • any other temptations that may get offered.

Sponsored

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Parrett , @NHCheef , @jimmycarter , @VTNOLE2

Just a suggestion if you will indulge..

If it were someone to do that approaching our store:

1. I would ask for the
  2. Fleet Manager
  3. Internet Manager
  4. Sales Manager
  5. General Manager
  6. Owner

In that order to see who you have to work with first..

Then have a prospective list of Reservations willing to move to them...

Ask what is available form them:
  • MSRP - Window Sticker
  • Invoice -
  • Invoice minus some $$ -
  • X plan availability -
  • any other temptations that may get offered.
Thanks a lot, Albert! You really are head and shoulders above the rest... I just wish you weren't 1,300 miles away, otherwise you'd 100% have my order.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Maine, count me in

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks a lot, Albert! You really are head and shoulders above the rest... I just wish you weren't 1,300 miles away, otherwise you'd 100% have my order.
I understand an respect that, I help when and where I feel that I can be of assistance...

It is not all about the sale here at Granger Ford.

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I created a Google Sheet that we can fill out to keep track of everyone that's interested in the New England group buy. Here's the link.
@Parrett - feel free to add this link to your opening post for visibility. I've never created a publicly editable Google Sheet so please let me know if you run into issues adding your info and I'll edit the share parameters accordingly.

Per @Granger Ford's suggestion, we can then use this prospective list so we have a "live" count of the reservations that are willing to commit to a group buy when we start approaching dealerships.

Sponsored

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be interested if we can get a good deal. I currently have a reservation with Kelly Ford in Beverly. I have never bought, or had a car serviced with them. They are one of the dealers in my area. I know Kelly has other car dealerships. They have been responsive to my questions so far. They said they would honor x-plan pricing and other programs that may be available through Ford for the Bronco. I'm not sure about ADM or additional fees.

Grumpy Medusa

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in Middlesex County, MA so would be down for any dealership in New England basically. If we can't get the Granger Ford deal, then I'm just going to use Granger.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First off, I thought Albert from Granger Ford did a great job helping us identify a process for arriving at a deal. Thank you Albert!

It has been a number of years since I completed an interstate purchase and things may have changed. At the time, I was living in New Hampshire as I do now and I purchased a vehicle from a MA dealer. The MA dealer was obligated to deliver the vehicle to my home as a way to avoid paying sale tax. NH has no sale tax.

If a group is formed to purchase a vehicle from a state other than NH, I would be interested in knowing if there is any sale tax implication, delivery fee or any other interstate transaction cost.

Thank you,
Warren

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be interested in seeing where this goes. I too am willing to make the 1,300mi trip home from Granger, Albert has been the most honest and upfront of anybody from a dealership I’ve spoken too; and for that they deserve my business. Although in reality if a good enough deal can be made local I’d be obligated to choose local.

RI might be a good state for everyone to purchase in. They have a cap on doc fees of $200 and can issue a 30 day temp plate, so no delivery fee. I have to say though, they can and usually add, a dealer fee on top of Doc. Usually to the tune of $200-$300. This could be negotiated pending the amount of ppl.

Just my 2. I’m watching.
Sponsored