Sponsored

Anyone know if any progress has been made on the mountain?

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's been quite a while since we've heard anything about the Broncos and Rangers that were being stored and waiting for parts. Just curious if there is any meaningful progress being made on clearing them out.
Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Ford's going to lease mountain space to GM for their 96k units awaiting chips

StephLuna0211

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's been quite a while since we've heard anything about the Broncos and Rangers that were being stored and waiting for parts. Just curious if there is any meaningful progress being made on clearing them out.
I am only following broncos so from my perspective I think there somewhat has been. I wonder if all the backlash they have received when they all of a sudden pushed the ones holding out to July and August, have pushed them to get some of those holds finished. From the threads on here and multiple FB groups, I see a lot of January holds get delivered in June. Mine was a March chip hold, I finally got my built email but my delivery ETA was pushed back. But I have seen many March blend dates finally get their build emails. Although I think thereā€™s such a backlog on holds, on the order track app, it says there are well over 500 broncos with the same status as Awaiting shipment. So I think many people are now feeling the pain of waiting some more now. Shipping has been such a cluster fucked from the beginning. The entire process has actually been a cluster fuck as well šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø I have never been so patient. Almost been two years since my reservation date.

AironBronco

Badlands
First Name
Airon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was up on Dirt mountain ( 3/28 build date) just got released this week, waiting on shipment now. So looks like they are trying to move some off of it, even if it is to another "wait" lot.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve been on dirt mountain since January. About 3 weeks ago I finally moved to ā€œbuiltā€ status but now Iā€™m just waiting to be shipped. Who knows how long that will take. To make matters worse, I am now told that the windshields have been recalled and must be re-installed. Thereā€™s no word on whether this will happen at the dealer or at MAP. So looks like Iā€™ll be waiting another 6 months at this point.

Sponsored

Clutch22

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope you get it soon.
Iā€™m curious. Do you guys know if the prospective owners of the Broncos stashed away at the mountain were given build dates with actual VINs since then, or did Ford build a ton of ā€œspecā€œ units and draw from it when orders came.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope you get it soon.
Iā€™m curious. Do you guys know if the prospective owners of the Broncos stashed away at the mountain were given build dates with actual VINs since then, or did Ford build a ton of ā€œspecā€œ units and draw from it when orders came.
We were given all that... they are not spec orders.... some may be but there are tons of waiting owners to be sitting there.

OP
OP

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would be nice if someone did a filmed drive by. I've been holding off on ordering until I see signs of shorter wait times.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ā€œmountainā€ is multiple parking lots in Wayne, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights and Allen Park. They are making progress but itā€™s a slow process. Itā€™s not like the assembly line. They have crews installing chips in vehicles on a daily basis. They are allocating chips for those waiting for chips and new builds.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems from the trends in the build weeks the ice mountain vehicles from January will all be shipped by the end of July. There has been movement in June and continuing.

Sponsored

StephLuna0211

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve been on dirt mountain since January. About 3 weeks ago I finally moved to ā€œbuiltā€ status but now Iā€™m just waiting to be shipped. Who knows how long that will take. To make matters worse, I am now told that the windshields have been recalled and must be re-installed. Thereā€™s no word on whether this will happen at the dealer or at MAP. So looks like Iā€™ll be waiting another 6 months at this point.
I think the windshield issue is being done at the dealership. I think they just have to redo the bonding, right? ā€¦.so I would assume dealerships can get this done faster than MAP, so I am hoping since I am also awaiting shipping that dealership does it.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the windshield issue is being done at the dealership. I think they just have to redo the bonding, right? ā€¦.so I would assume dealerships can get this done faster than MAP, so I am hoping since I am also awaiting shipping that dealership does it.
Yes, it should be done at the dealership. However, my vehicle is still sitting there at the factory even though it is completely built. Iā€™m just assuming they are still holding it due to the windshield issue but I canā€™t get any communications from ford. My vehicle went down the assembly line 6 months ago and it still sitting in a parking lot. I donā€™t think ford really cares about the ā€œfasterā€ option of completing the recall.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I went to complain to my dealer about the windshield recall - my bronco finally having been delivered on Wednedsay from its stay on the Mountain from the 1/17 build week - the manager said he heard Ford had hired a firm to help prioritize vehicles held in limbo, and he thought they were bringing vehicles back on the production line to finish. I have no idea if any of this is true but it might explain why there was a rush of completed vehicles in our group. Or he could be full of shite.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I went to complain to my dealer ...
...the manager said he heard Ford had hired a firm to help prioritize vehicles held in limbo, and he thought they were bringing vehicles back on the production line to finish.
Drink!

Yeah, putting a vehicle back into the production line would be about the worst use of resources possible. Pure chaos. I could see them doing it in the accessory assembly shack though.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Drink!

Yeah, putting a vehicle back into the production line would be about the worst use of resources possible. Pure chaos. I could see them doing it in the accessory assembly shack though.
I did receive my baby bronco photo and it was dirty like it had been outside and it had the same dirt pattern when i saw her at the dealer. Maybe theyve finally made a secondary assembly line to retrofit missing modules, etc? Or perhaps vehicle photo came in the accessory shack you mentioned. Again, it was all conjecture by the manager.
Sponsored