Anyone know if Ford Performance is going to offer a Bronco tune on their ProCal 4?

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
So currently, Ford Performance offers a tune for the 2.3L Ranger 19-20 that can be flashed with the FP ProCal 4. The reason I would pick this tune is because the factory warranty is still valid and FP has there own 3yr/36mi warranty as well, if the tune is what causes the damage. Anyone know or heard if Ford is planning anything for the Bronco?

Advertisement

Blaven

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
So currently, Ford Performance offers a tune for the 2.3L Ranger 19-20 that can be flashed with the FP ProCal 4. The reason I would pick this tune is because the factory warranty is still valid and FP has there own 3yr/36mi warranty as well, if the tune is what causes the damage. Anyone know or heard if Ford is planning anything for the Bronco?
Im sure that they will. There is one out there for almost every vehicle. They won't ignore the chance to make money off of one for the Bronco.

Silver-Bolt

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Hopefully it will be an option. They originally said that they would have one for the 2017-up Raptors but it never happened.

OP

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
Hopefully it will be an option. They originally said that they would have one for the 2017-up Raptors but it never happened.
Raptor might be one of those 'niche' products that they just won't touch because the cost of the motor if something fails, and they might already have it tuned to the max that they are willing to go...Just some speculation on my part...

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

right now Ford Performance is covering the 2.3 and Roush covers the 2.7/3.5 under the same warranty guidlines for older years (not sure on new). I have a Roush power pack I had done by the dealer when I bought my car.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Titanium, 94 Ford Mustang GT
Clubs

REALLY want this.

Having a ford factory performance tune along with a way to adjust for bigger or smaller tires (say I buy a sas and downsize to 33's later or upgrade from 33's to 35 or larger). It also does the whole diagnostic scan and clears codes to reset. Will save me a trip of going to the father in laws house to use one of his scan tools...not that it is a bad thing but would prefer my own.

Ford if you are listening please include this in a dealer option or something.

Austin26

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
right now Ford Performance is covering the 2.3 and Roush covers the 2.7/3.5 under the same warranty guidlines for older years (not sure on new). I have a Roush power pack I had done by the dealer when I bought my car.
Yup after some looking around I found it. However, I only see the warranty being on the part itself, and the powertrain warrant being an additional cost ("optional"). I read everything I think and didn't see a "if you have this installed by Ford it doesn't possibly void part of your warranty" line. You just spoke with your Ford service department or sales staff and they handled it all? Having a warranty is required for me to even consider it.

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa.../2015-f150-35l-ecoboost-powerpack-level1.html

Advertisement

Advertisement