Sponsored

Anyone know of a garage height warning sensor?

OP
OP
Bonnie6G

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your brain and tape measure.
Jesus, I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand about this question. I have measured it the sas bronco with any kind of rack on the roof will not fit in the garage. I’m looking for a warning system to remind me not to pull in when I have the rack on.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My go to for the past 3 decades has been a tennis ball hung from string set to the height of the garage.

If tennis ball hits the truck as I pull in, I know I'm about to goof.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
remove the remote opener from the vehicle when you have the roof rack on. Put it where you store the rack, the fact that you have to get out to open the door will remind you. It will be no extra burden as you cannot park in there with the rack anyway.

I will take my million in bitcoin.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you are going to have to go with an analog solution for now. What I do is when I put my rocket box on I take my garage remote out of the car so that I have to get out to open the garage door.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attach a pool noodle to the top of your garage. Kind of like a bumper. Only issue, other than looking odd, is if you hit it hard enough it won’t help.

I’d just put a simple cone in front of your garage when you leave. It’ll be a visual reminder.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus, I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand about this question. I have measured it the sas bronco with any kind of rack on the roof will not fit in the garage. I’m looking for a warning system to remind me not to pull in when I have the rack on.
Have you considered using a low-tech solution, just in the interim, until you can find a high-tech solution?

Ford Bronco Anyone know of a garage height warning sensor? 984A982C-9AD8-4616-91FD-FF22DDE57732

https://www.buildasign.com/safety-signs/browse-warning

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a tough one, I do a lot of mountain biking and if given a choice I would like to have my bike on top of the roof of my FJ so it's easier access to get into the back. But I know myself after a long day of riding tired can't wait to get home hit that button to open the garage door, then about 5 to 10 second later I would have a brain fart ! I would pull under and that would be a disaster, for the bike for the roof of the car for the house the garage door, it would be an ugly scene !!

So I mount the bike rack on the back and just live with the inconvenience.
Make a placard that is located in big letters that you can't miss as you're pulling up into your garage that say "look Up"

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the easiest and best solutions are to just disengage the garage door and/or put a barrier in front of it when you install the roof rack. Could use one of the examples posted or maybe just one of those baby gates.

I think the problem with the warning sensor set at the upper limit is that you are already very close to impact and have little time to react.

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Put a mirror above the garage door.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are trying to help you with real solutions. Truth is we all know what you are asking for and we all know why it won't ever work, just didn't want to be condescending towards you, but as you are insisting, Here is the reason a sensor will not work;

if you pull into your garage at 1 MPH, that is about 1.5 feet a second. If your magical sensor is a foot out from the garage at rack height, that gives you 2/3 of a second to receive, process, and react to the light/buzzer/confetti dropping/whatever signal your sensor would trip. You then have to press the brake and stop the vehicle (all this has to happen in just over half a second). You are not that good. Nobody is.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet you'll have zero issues remembering after the first 1-2 garage door replacements.

Could even do yourself a solid and put a little sign up to delay the inevitable.

This sounds like a problem not quite large enough to have a solution.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you are going to have to go with an analog solution for now. What I do is when I put my rocket box on I take my garage remote out of the car so that I have to get out to open the garage door.
This works well, unless the garage door is already open as you return home. The best solution is to just get a taller garage.
Sponsored