Sponsored

Anyone look at the New Land Rover Defender ????

jimmysmith3

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call it impatience, but recently I've found myself looking at Bronco alternatives. Because the Defender 90 will be offered in the U.S. for 2021, I couldn't help but hop on Land Rover's build and price. I didn't expect to fall in love with anything but then I came up with this color combo and I now have myself considering the Defender. Obviously there's LR reliability (I keep telling myself it can't be too bad) that concerns me, and then there's the question of if it can handle the light rock crawling I do in my Raptor in Colorado. (I'm concerned about articulation more than angles in this case). I know I'll probably come running back to the Bronco, but those white steelies and white top definitely have me feeling some sort of way.
Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.22 PM

Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.07 PM
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jimmy, if your wife took over your account, send us a signal. We are here for you.

Sponsored

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Barf. Do yourself a favor and don’t.

I’m a previous LR4 overland owner. Don’t do it.

these modern LR’s aren’t what you think they are. You want a defender? Ok. Find an old 1980’s defender

Last edited:

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new defenders are nice. The 110 was what I was waiting to get. I was a bit put Off by the unibody design but still liked it. Then came the price. It would be a hard pill to swallow. Then came the underpowered engine. That was kind of the last straw for me. Land rovers have been plagued by two issues: faulty electronics and transmission issues due to strain from underpowered engines on heavy vehicles.

The 110 engine upgrade is crazy, like $13k crazy if I’m not mistaken. Add to that all the electronics and it seems like a recipe for disaster in a few years which will have pricey bills. if I had 80k I didn’t care about sure or if it came in at a lower price point I might jump. But all that together and I decided to look elsewhere.

Bronco timing was perfect. Size, weight, body on frame, power, price, no overload of electronics.

OP
OP
jimmysmith3

jimmysmith3

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jimmy, if your wife took over your account, send us a signal. We are here for you.
I find this hilarious, as I have a while (maybe a few years) until I come close to 20. Just someone whose car obsession started from the get-go. I'd argue I'm probably the youngest member of this forum. Half the battle for me is trying to figure out what looks the most bad-ass when I pull into my school's parking lot :ROFLMAO:. But hey, whoever my future wife may be can say all she wants about she thinks of my ride. All that matters is that I take pride in driving it. :cool:

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find this hilarious, as I have a while (maybe a few years) until I come close to 20. Just someone whose car obsession started from the get-go. I'd argue I'm probably the youngest member of this forum. Half the battle for me is trying to figure out what looks the most bad-ass when I pull into my school's parking lot :ROFLMAO:. But hey, whoever my future wife may be can say all she wants about she thinks of my ride. All that matters is that I take pride in driving it. :cool:
Ok, I see. Just a bit of advice from someone that could easily be your father then... just because the build and price is up and running, doesn't mean you should buy it. Patience padawan.

OP
OP
jimmysmith3

jimmysmith3

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright put your chairs down. The GF called it a mom car. And that my friends, was all it took. Looks like I'm back to scouring the internet for Bronco leaks.
Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? 6010782-3x2-460x307

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of review have their LR braking after a few days.... Wish they were tuff as the old defenders, but nah...
Sponsored