Sponsored

Anyone look at the New Land Rover Defender ????

goblue21

First Name
R.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Defender and Bronco do have a relatively close initial cost as long as you are comparing 4 Cyl. The second you add the V6 the Defender rapidly increases beyond the Bronco. Additionally, service, maintenance, and extended warranties are going to cost significantly more for the Defender. So much so that I lost interest in going that route and turned back to the diesel Gladiator.
I think resale value will be key, too. Nearly everyone I know with a JK or JL Wrangler raves about its resale value. It seems the Bronco will enjoy strong resale value -- but the Defender? Probably not.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call it impatience, but recently I've found myself looking at Bronco alternatives. Because the Defender 90 will be offered in the U.S. for 2021, I couldn't help but hop on Land Rover's build and price. I didn't expect to fall in love with anything but then I came up with this color combo and I now have myself considering the Defender. Obviously there's LR reliability (I keep telling myself it can't be too bad) that concerns me, and then there's the question of if it can handle the light rock crawling I do in my Raptor in Colorado. (I'm concerned about articulation more than angles in this case). I know I'll probably come running back to the Bronco, but those white steelies and white top definitely have me feeling some sort of way.
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.07 PM.png
It's an expensive turd, but you won't have to wait for it. I say buy it. Buy it, now. Don't wait. While you are waiting for it to be repaired, I'll continue waiting for my Bronco. We'll both be waiting, then.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looked at it on their website, but the picture of it actually broke down on it's way to my computer. Just the picture! Imagine how the real one is. No thanks.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ye
I think resale value will be key, too. Nearly everyone I know with a JK or JL Wrangler raves about its resale value. It seems the Bronco will enjoy strong resale value -- but the Defender? Probably not.
yea, someone mentioned to me the residual on a 36 month lease was like 46%. I was shocked it was so low on the Defender.
Sponsored