Sponsored

Anyone look at the New Land Rover Defender ????

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep! All this B vs. D stuff has me chuckling, so I picked that jewel to throw over the fence. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LR dreaming....I'd take one if I could afford one, but it have to be a Defender 88 or 90 from the 80s or early 90s!

FB_IMG_1606401325997.jpg

Mattdh

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Serria 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a huge land rover fan and I think lr blew it with the redesign of an icon. On the other side- I was not a fan of fords but they nailed with broncos redesign!! Hence my reservation for one. If the new defender was even close to the new bronco design wise- LR wold have the reservation issues ford is seeing. Prob not a couple hundred thousand but it would have been a lot. IMHO

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a huge land rover fan and I think lr blew it with the redesign of an icon. On the other side- I was not a fan of fords but they nailed with broncos redesign!! Hence my reservation for one. If the new defender was even close to the new bronco design wise- LR wold have the reservation issues ford is seeing. Prob not a couple hundred thousand but it would have been a lot. IMHO
I am with you 100% - never wanted a Ford (maybe a new Explorer) until the Bronco. I am a diehard LR fan - but now they lost me with the Defender - not what I was expecting. Although it is a great truck, the Bronco is better for what I am looking for. Good news is the wife is looking to trade in her Discovery for a Defender - bad news is the reliability issues. Drives great though.
They would have sold a ton of them if they kept the old styling. They were sitting on a gold mine and messed it up. Defenders are iconic and show up in tons of commercials and ads in everyday media. I just saw one on an insurance commercial. There were the f150 of Europe.
I am sure Bronco will take that spotlight now.

Smalldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if Ford had more design options than LR by not bringing it to Europe, and making it only for North American. The designer of the Bronco said something about that in an interview. ALso the Defender designer commented that the front they wanted to do would not pass regulations.

Sponsored

Mattdh

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Serria 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
small dog- they might have, I don't know for sure. But if you can buy a box like a g-wagon in Europe they could have don't a lot better than a honda element- look.

Mattdh

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Serria 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
? - but nothing should surprise me anymore.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone that uses Europe or Australia as a comparison to how the US "should" be should get slapped.

Like really hard...

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Call it impatience, but recently I've found myself looking at Bronco alternatives. Because the Defender 90 will be offered in the U.S. for 2021, I couldn't help but hop on Land Rover's build and price. I didn't expect to fall in love with anything but then I came up with this color combo and I now have myself considering the Defender. Obviously there's LR reliability (I keep telling myself it can't be too bad) that concerns me, and then there's the question of if it can handle the light rock crawling I do in my Raptor in Colorado. (I'm concerned about articulation more than angles in this case). I know I'll probably come running back to the Bronco, but those white steelies and white top definitely have me feeling some sort of way.
Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? FB_IMG_1606401325997

Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? FB_IMG_1606401325997
I bought two new Defender 90s from the dealer when they came out

1994 - Green softtop manual
1995 - Blue w/white hardtop automatic

I loved those vehicles.

IMO, the new Defenders suck!
Looks like a cross between a minivan and a LR Discovery.
No way I'd consider it.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shows how absurd rules can get. Beat everyone up over millimeters on a rear-facing badge in case there is a low-speed backing accident with a pedestrian and neglect the 100 pound tire protruding a foot off the back. Craziness.

Smalldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought two new Defender 90s from the dealer when they came out

1994 - Green softtop manual
1995 - Blue w/white hardtop automatic

I loved those vehicles.

IMO, the new Defenders suck!
Looks like a cross between a minivan and a LR Discovery.
No way I'd consider it.
I know what you mean. Also, the interior cabin is quite airy from what I have seen. It is 3 inches wider shoulder width and about 2 inches more headroom. Coming from a JKU, I am ready for a bigger and more refined cabin, as well as lane assist and better safety features. No doubt a unibody will be better on the highway, helped even more with the air suspension. Lastly, it seems like they really have a great rubberized floor. To be honest, it looks a lot better than what I have seen on the Bronco. While the TFL Defender is a real black eye, they only had a check engine light they could not fix. Low stock made it difficult to replace. The other one was a bad install on a winch.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Call it impatience, but recently I've found myself looking at Bronco alternatives. Because the Defender 90 will be offered in the U.S. for 2021, I couldn't help but hop on Land Rover's build and price. I didn't expect to fall in love with anything but then I came up with this color combo and I now have myself considering the Defender. Obviously there's LR reliability (I keep telling myself it can't be too bad) that concerns me, and then there's the question of if it can handle the light rock crawling I do in my Raptor in Colorado. (I'm concerned about articulation more than angles in this case). I know I'll probably come running back to the Bronco, but those white steelies and white top definitely have me feeling some sort of way.

Several TFL videos on YouTube regarding their experience with buying a Defender with their own money. It will shock you out of your dream.
Sponsored