Sponsored

Anyone look at the New Land Rover Defender ????

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The TFL guys has a defender 90 and with less than 200 miles, it has been in the shop for 2 weeks. Check out their channel as they have videos about it.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Call it impatience, but recently I've found myself looking at Bronco alternatives. Because the Defender 90 will be offered in the U.S. for 2021, I couldn't help but hop on Land Rover's build and price. I didn't expect to fall in love with anything but then I came up with this color combo and I now have myself considering the Defender. Obviously there's LR reliability (I keep telling myself it can't be too bad) that concerns me, and then there's the question of if it can handle the light rock crawling I do in my Raptor in Colorado. (I'm concerned about articulation more than angles in this case). I know I'll probably come running back to the Bronco, but those white steelies and white top definitely have me feeling some sort of way.
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.07 PM.png
I bought two new Defender 90s at the dealer. 1994 Green softtop & 1995 Blue w/white hardtop like your picture. I loved them, but they were too loud, slow and impractical for me. Honestly, I hate the new ones which really sucks because I waited years upon years for the release. Ford nailed it, imo and LR missed their opportunity. Enjoy you LR minivan w/mall crawler tires! :)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call it impatience, but recently I've found myself looking at Bronco alternatives. Because the Defender 90 will be offered in the U.S. for 2021, I couldn't help but hop on Land Rover's build and price. I didn't expect to fall in love with anything but then I came up with this color combo and I now have myself considering the Defender. Obviously there's LR reliability (I keep telling myself it can't be too bad) that concerns me, and then there's the question of if it can handle the light rock crawling I do in my Raptor in Colorado. (I'm concerned about articulation more than angles in this case). I know I'll probably come running back to the Bronco, but those white steelies and white top definitely have me feeling some sort of way.
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.47.07 PM.png
Not much appealing about it....it's very similar to a Bronco Sport, but not even as good looking. Not in the same league as an actual Bronco.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only Defender you will need…ever

s-l640.jpg

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm looking at the badlands now. The way I would spec it I'm at about 56k for the 2 door.

That prices I'm now in the ball park of the new Defender.

Have you guys looked at them? what did you think?

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video is the reason why I avoid ever considering LRs...

It's a shame because I really like their styling and ride.

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wife wanted a new D90 before the bronco reveal. I convinced her to hold off. We reserved a 2dr FE, and after seeing the interior on all trim levels I'm finding it hard to convince myself and her to stick with the bronco....I'm pretty bummed to be honest.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
TFL's base Defender doesn't seem to be faring very well so far -- they've owned theirs 2 weeks so far and have only driven it 2 days; been in the dealership the rest of the time.
Could be a lemon or could be per the norm; I'd study their latest videos to make an informed decision about new Defenders.

edit: dammit @ColoradoGuy!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they're pretty nice. if ford put in an airbag suspension into the bronco, i would be skeptical of its trouble free longevity.
there's a pretty cool youtube video showing an uphill race between the old flexxy defender and the new not-so-flexxy defender.

the electronic doodads and airbags certainly help it, but it's much less field repairable.

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reliability is the problem with the Defender and the base model won't have squat in it compared to and equally priced Bronco.

LR really missed the boat with their Defender redesign. They made it too soft. The should have went the Gwagon route like Mercedes. The only other car I am considering is the INEOS Grenadier which is essentially what the Defender should have been. They ripped off the LR Defender design and updated it...

Remains to be seen how much it actually retails for and if we can even get it in the US.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TFL's base Defender doesn't seem to be faring very well so far -- they've owned theirs 2 weeks so far and have only driven it 2 days; been in the dealership the rest of the time.
Could be a lemon or could be per the norm; I'd study their latest videos to make an informed decision about new Defenders.

edit: dammit @ColoradoGuy!
Check out the comments in their video. Gold

:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored