Sponsored

Anyone look at the New Land Rover Defender ????

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I gotta stick with the Bronco. Nobody else has one. Had chances to get something else over the years but nothing appealed to me. Ford announced the Bronco release, I was all over it.
of course no one else has it ?
The will be everywhere next year.
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have been waiting for LR D110 for 2 years now, too fluffy for me having a 'real' D90 in the past. Reserved a WT but with the interior choices has me back on the LR Defender 110 but with their limited 2020 stock they are low on inventory, will see about 2021 coming out in a few months. A loaded 110 X-package is $80K but decent for under $70K to $12K more than loaded Bronco. Now roaming around the Jeep site seeing what a loaded Sahara runs, also eBay for a Jeep SEMA build used... if I do not get more choices on the WT... WTF no Vinyl or light interior option for the highest trim level????? WTF with the multicolor interior mess in the B&P for the WT?????

Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-2-2

Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-1

Ford Bronco Anyone look at the New Land Rover  Defender ???? Bronco all white

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

cmiles97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Harley Davidson FLSS, 17 Ford Expedition EL,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Land Rover is owned by Indian Tata. LR also has terrible reliability issues.

I'd think I'd buy a Fiat owned Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge/Ram before a LR.

I have a pre order and know they will be everywhere within a couple of years. I've been looking for a Fiat Wrangler alternative. I was hoping Toyota would make a convertible 4runner.

I currently have a 2017 Expedition EL with 3.5TT. It has been a good vehicle.

Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF they can fix the Bronco interior, I'm staying put.
I dont like blue or beige.... Just give me a friggin' black (or black and grey) interior, what's the issue there!
Blue? Yuck feels fake. Beige? Maybe for grandma....

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just can't believe Heep Angry Eyes com stock.... Much prefer the classic look of the Bronco (and stock Jeep).

Not sure why everyone needs their car to look like it has roid rage these days.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as it keeps running; absolutely. The story the above photo is from noted several problems with a brand new Defender.

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, pulled the trigger on a new Defender, Ford lost me with all the delaying of options that I wanted (white top, interior colors, exterior color, etc). I got a 110 HSE in Pangea green with white top and two tone leather interior. Yes it cost more, and maybe it won't be as capable off road or as easy to modify but I really don't off road like I use to (hard to justify trashing a new vehicle) and I really will use the increased towing capacity. I was really excited when Ford announced the return of the bronco (owned 3 of them in my life time) and maybe will look at it again in a few years when the SVT version comes out. I think both will be great vehicles and the competition between Jeep, Ford, Land Rover and I hear potentially new Blazer will only bring us all better products.....It is kind of funny though that I didn't even know about the new defender until I read about it on this forum. Thanks for letting me share my opinion and wish everyone safe, happy motoring.

Sponsored

Smalldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, pulled the trigger on a new Defender, Ford lost me with all the delaying of options that I wanted (white top, interior colors, exterior color, etc). I got a 110 HSE in Pangea green with white top and two tone leather interior. Yes it cost more, and maybe it won't be as capable off road or as easy to modify but I really don't off road like I use to (hard to justify trashing a new vehicle) and I really will use the increased towing capacity. I was really excited when Ford announced the return of the bronco (owned 3 of them in my life time) and maybe will look at it again in a few years when the SVT version comes out. I think both will be great vehicles and the competition between Jeep, Ford, Land Rover and I hear potentially new Blazer will only bring us all better products.....It is kind of funny though that I didn't even know about the new defender until I read about it on this forum. Thanks for letting me share my opinion and wish everyone safe, happy motoring.
I too really like that vehicle, and some on this forum seemed shocked for those that cross-shop the two. I love the Pangea green, white top, combo, and the interior is really nice as well. I don't like that the nicer engine means losing the steel wheels. I agree with you that Ford has made some odd limitations on build options.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Capacity isn't an issue:

Bronco + cheap pickup that can tow > Defender :)
Sponsored