Sponsored

Anyone make white steel wheels that look like the BD ones?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I guess I already asked the question in the title, but.....

Does anyone make white steelies that look like the BD ones?

Would it be easier to get them powder coated? I’m not too familiar with the cost of the process.
You could always spray it from a paint can yourself it's not hard. That's one of the nice aspects of steelies.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking at the web, they are thick like an aluminum wheel though... centercap resembles the 52 ones as well... or maybe I’m seeing it wrong
I'm willing to bet that what we saw on the Heritage Bronco are aluminum. I don't think you're wrong. They look like a variation of the Fifteen52 Analogs.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll have some bronco base silver steelies available (fingers crossed) soonish. 6/28 production.

Let's make a deal, then do it right- quick sandblast to give more bite for white powdercoat. Perfect fit and factory center caps.

Just ordered method 703 in bronze (+35mm) and will be going on truck either at the dealer or as soon as I get home.

Or I'll use steelies for a custom adventure trailer/feather hauler...some...day...

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll have some bronco base silver steelies available (fingers crossed) soonish. 6/28 production.

Let's make a deal, then do it right- quick sandblast to give more bite for white powdercoat. Perfect fit and factory center caps.

Just ordered method 703 in bronze (+35mm) and will be going on truck either at the dealer or as soon as I get home.

Or I'll use steelies for a custom adventure trailer/feather hauler...some...day...
I’m thinking of powder coating mine also.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm just curious as to how the white would look with the top being gray/black? I can visualize them against a white top.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just curious as to how the white would look with the top being gray/black? I can visualize them against a white top.
That's exactly why you get a soft-top, get your vehicle now, and then get the white hard-top when it's available.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking of powder coating mine also.
My daughter had a Jetta with steelies and hubcaps. The steelies got rusty. I took one off and wet sanded the wheel with 400 grit and spray painted them with matte black. If you take your time and do several light coats it turns out pretty damn good. I just taped/masked the tire, didn't even take it off the wheel! When the first one turned out nice I did the other three. Sandpaper and paint, spent maybe $20. It was easy! Try it on the spare, see how you like it and if it turns out good then your set. If not then go get them powder coated!
Edit: Save yourself $480! You could try Plasti Dip, I have never used it but I know some people who have and had good results!

Last edited:

SgtReese

Base
First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door 2.3L 7-Spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why does this wheel have 15 round cut out's and one elongated cut out?
That's on a Toyota Tacoma. That is a 16" spare tire wheel. There aren't many options for a steel wheel, for a Tacoma...so you have to go to just yards and buy the spare tire from them until you have 4 lol. The spare always has an elongated hole. If you put FJ Cruiser 17" steelies on it, they are all round holes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My daughter had a Jetta with steelies and hubcaps. The steelies got rusty. I took one off and wet sanded the wheel with 400 grit and spray painted them with matte black. If you take your time and do several light coats it turns out pretty damn good. I just taped/masked the tire, didn't even take it off the wheel! When the first one turned out nice I did the other three. Sandpaper and paint, spent maybe $20. It was easy! Try it on the spare, see how you like it and if it turns out good then your set. If not then go get them powder coated!
Edit: Save yourself $480! You could try Plasti Dip, I have never used it but I know some people who have and had good results!
I may have to try Plasti Dip.