Sponsored

Anyone not adding the free headliner w/ the MIC top?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought for sure I'd see this type of post but maybe it got lost in the giant thread somewhere. But is anyone not having the dealer add the free headliner to your MIC top order? Wife has a MY21 4dr BL on order and debating if I should add it or not as we'll be trading it in once her MY22 arrives. My original plan was to install the hothead liner in the MY22 (the one she'd be keeping long term) w/ mod top. Without knowing when the hothead liner would be available, I'd hate to install one in the MY21 and then turnaround and install a new one in the MY22 mod top.
Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can get a better one aftermarket

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would, but apparently the headliner is too heavy to add w/ Sasquatch considering GVWR 😅 . They give something away for free and I can't get it. F**king Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The headliner (sound deadner) Is no cost. Why would you not have it installed?
Because the pre-production photos make it look like crap and just a piece of carpet.

For free?
But I could care less if it was free and came out looking like the pre-production photos. At this point it looks just like a piece of carpet.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would, but apparently the headliner is too heavy to add w/ Sasquatch considering GVWR 😅 . They give something away for free and I can't get it. F**king Ford.
this isn't true anymore

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the pre-production photos make it look like crap and just a piece of carpet.

But I could care less if it was free and came out looking like the pre-production photos. At this point it looks just like a piece of carpet.
I think it looks fine...
Carpet or felt material make a great deadening material...
I’m not sure how or what u would want in place of that....

oh well...

come on ford give me some more free shit..

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Chrism81

"Ford previously announced the Sound Deadening Headliner was not compatible with certain options due to the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). How does this announcement impact the GVWR?
Upon finalization of vehicle testing, Ford determined that the Sound Deadening Headliner did not cause the vehicle to surpass max GVWR."

from https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/new-production-timing-faqs-from-ford.3917/

but yes still doesn't work on B&P for badlands either, however, my dealer showed me the updated order and it went through with the headliner

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Chrism81

"Ford previously announced the Sound Deadening Headliner was not compatible with certain options due to the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). How does this announcement impact the GVWR?
Upon finalization of vehicle testing, Ford determined that the Sound Deadening Headliner did not cause the vehicle to surpass max GVWR."

from https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/new-production-timing-faqs-from-ford.3917/

but yes still doesn't work on B&P for badlands either, however, my dealer showed me the updated order and it went through with the headliner
Mine too.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For free?
Not a fan of the indoor/outdoor carpeting vibe... plus aftermarket you can install better sound deadening materials under the headliner

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought for sure I'd see this type of post but maybe it got lost in the giant thread somewhere. But is anyone not having the dealer add the free headliner to your MIC top order? Wife has a MY21 4dr BL on order and debating if I should add it or not as we'll be trading it in once her MY22 arrives. My original plan was to install the hothead liner in the MY22 (the one she'd be keeping long term) w/ mod top. Without knowing when the hothead liner would be available, I'd hate to install one in the MY21 and then turnaround and install a new one in the MY22 mod top.
Im not, I don’t really like the look of the material (not sure if that is pre-production) and I will buy aftermarket.

but that is a glued on product, the main reason I’m not getting it is because I’m having the Bronco top color changed to white, inside and out. So will be a pain in the ass to take that glue off.

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I turned it down. Don't want it to mess with the wash out aspect. I've kicked mud on the inside of my LJ top
Sponsored