Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can build a new Land Rover Defender exactly how I want it for ~$12k more than the Bronco. Their B&P is fantastic.
I have been on the LR build site a lot lately, but the reliability after warranty is freaking me out

Bauer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It depends on your expectations. It's infuriating that there are so many restrictions. It's also obvious they've rolled back features on trims.

The Big Bend is supposed to come equipped with Heated front seats and Remote Start, however they're now tied to the $1495 Mid Package. That plus the automatic being standard on the base model but a cost+ option on the Big Bend means a base model with Sasquatch will cost $40,485, while it will cost $43,165 on the Big Bend with the only difference being a Leather-wrapped steering wheel.

Last edited:

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much more on the fence now. Seems like you get better bang for your buck with a Wrangler.
Feel the same way, know I can get better value and get pretty much exactly what I want on the Wrangler. I do have about 3k dealer cash from my Jeep credit card so could probably get 8-9k off msrp which is very tempting.

But since I already have the 2 door Rubi (which I an keeping) really wanted to go with a bronco on my 4 door. Really hoping they offer another interior option color on the WT, since that is the trim I really want. Been considering the BL since I like the color of that interior much more but really didn't want the vinyl seats as well as a couple other items. Also I would get much more use out of the sport mode then rock crawler. If I want to do any rack crawling would just take the Jeep. For me there is some kind if compromise on each model, which I am not happy about on a custom order over 50k vehicle.

Good thing I have a couple months before the order needs to go in. Maybe they will add a few options or I will warm up to the BL in that time.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also would love a 4x4 truck but don't want to wait for the Bronco version. I like the Gladiator and there might be good discounts. Just never drove a SFA...don't know enough about death wobble likelihood, comfort, etc.

Why can't I make decisions in life!? lol
Have owned 7 Wranglers/CJs over about 25 years, experience death wobble once on my 2005 TJ at about 85k miles. Just ended up trading it in for a new one, ended up getting about 60% of what I paid for it new.

While you can get death wobble on any SFA vehicle believe it is more common on vehicles that are lifted so If you stay stock there is less chance of it happening. If you live in an area with a large Jeep community and good Jeep focused shop they are usually better at getting it fixed if it does happen.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After building a bunch of different options and then hideous camo of wikdtrak, I also went an explored jeep this morning out of curiosity
What did you think of the jeep? I'm on the list for a WT and the BP left me disappointed yesterday. I went to give the Wrangler Rubicon w/Diesel and Leather seats and I think this is the way to go. I was expecting better from Ford with the interior for a vehicle that could end up costing over $55K. Ford got the exterior and mechanical down, but the interior is just blaa and unimaginative.

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you think of the jeep? I'm on the list for a WT and the BP left me disappointed yesterday. I went to give the Wrangler Rubicon w/Diesel and Leather seats and I think this is the way to go. I was expecting better from Ford with the interior for a vehicle that could end up costing over $55K. Ford got the exterior and mechanical down, but the interior is just blaa and unimaginative.
We own a 2020 Jeep Wrangler as well already. I like it but I enjoy the cabin environment of my f150 more, the accent lighting and overall design. That's what I liked about the bronco is keeping ford's overall tech package and upgrades that a jeep doesn't have

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Despite all the concerns and talk of dropping out, there was a poll last night that was still at 90% moving forward. Can't find the thread; don't feel like looking for it. I think it's great people get a chance to vent and get out all there anger here. Better to get the head cleared out before making a regrettable decision like canceling a July 13 reservation.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Have owned 7 Wranglers/CJs over about 25 years, experience death wobble once on my 2005 TJ at about 85k miles. Just ended up trading it in for a new one, ended up getting about 60% of what I paid for it new.

While you can get death wobble on any SFA vehicle believe it is more common on vehicles that are lifted so If you stay stock there is less chance of it happening. If you live in an area with a large Jeep community and good Jeep focused shop they are usually better at getting it fixed if it does happen.
Cool. Thanks for the advice. I may look at a Gladiator if I don't go Bronco. Maybe there'll be discounts if they're not selling well.

Arkeisios

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been on the buy side of the fence since concepts started popping up. My only fear was that Ford would go the wrong way with the actually production model. I think they got it right. Seems to me they might have to fire the IT department though.....

Sponsored

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still holding my reservation, but definitely thinking hard on it. The site is currently missing options I wanted/expected bases on all of the bronco coverage ford has put out.

I have a hard time swallowing a 60k pill for something that isn't everything I wanted.

Like not having a black painted hardtop. I don't want a soft top, and don't want to pay extra for a temporary solution just so I can buy another hard top a year later.

I think the pickatinny rail looks fun, and I liked some of the other options like the slide out tail gate, lockable cargo cover, pull down shelf thing.

I will do most of the rest myself via the aftermarket.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It has been over 24 hours and I am a bit calmer. I can handle the B&P glitches as those will be fixed as needed, I can wait a month or two for Ford to come up with my black top for my WT, but I can't handle that interior. I sincerely hope Ford works with Katzkin to come up with alternatives and credits. I will wait until December to decide to jump ship. What Ford can do in the meantime is show more pictures of their interiors for all models and give us a timeline of when we can get our vehicles with the black top.

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Despite all the concerns and talk of dropping out, there was a poll last night that was still at 90% moving forward. Can't find the thread; don't feel like looking for it. I think it's great people get a chance to vent and get out all there anger here. Better to get the head cleared out before making a regrettable decision like canceling a July 13 reservation.
Maybe cuz all the people that are dropping out are no longer here to vote haha

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pricing for Black Diamond 4 door with a few options still comes in substantially less than a comparable Jeep Wrangler. I’m staying the course.