Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still really want it. I know Levine said late availability items will be added later but their omission has unnerved me. I have a deep rooted fear that "late availability" now means MY22.

For me, that means compromising on the hardtop and DIYing a Sasquatch package. I haven't made up my mind whether I'm OK with that yet.

I did go build a 2021 Rubicon this morning so I guess I'm fence sitting where I wasn't before ...
Nothing with B&P surprised me, it’s what I expected price wise. But the grey top is what has me rethinking. Having said that there is no way I would get a Jeep.
Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was absolutely all in until the trash interiors were released
All along I had planned on black leather so I’m fine with interior accept for the orange accents in BLs. I’m still struggling with that damn grey top though!!!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My problem is that I am coming from a Ford 150 platinum. Nothing in the bronco line even comes close to the classy interior design. Ive worked hard in life since I was 14 years old. I’m simply not going to settle for it just being OK. I’m out until a later model year with the options that I can’t live without. To those who were able to build your dream- I’m happy for you!

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Disappointed, reserved a WT and want WHITE. No matching hardtop and grey MIC top only. What really killed me was the interior, how in the world do I reserve the second highest level under FE and have the worst interior choices. The A51 stitching and trim color is a deal breaker. The sandstone dash and dual seat colors, dealbreaker. Basically the entire interior not available in black/gray or something generic killed the Bronco for me. I wanted a WHITE Bronco with everything else black or gray, NO OTHER COLORS!!!!!

Last edited:

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No change for me. My configured price is cheaper than I had anticipated, if the 2.7/ auto pricing is correct.

Would I take a different color of marine grade vinyl if offered? You bet. Would I buy a white top/ grill if possible? Absolutely. But this is a Bronco! Part of the fun will be making it my own, and improving on what Ford offers. I’m eager to start tweaking.

Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am now on the fence just like a lot of other people. I will buy a BL with Sasquatch, but am torn in the fact it only has 1 color interior option and no sound deadening. I can't fathom spending $50K plus on a vehicle and stuck with no other color options. Inside the vehicle is where I will spend most of my time, I should be able to customize it a little bit to my taste.

I am thinking no sound deadening hardtop for Sasquatch is a bug, unless the extra weight puts it over legal limits.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was 100% in, but now I would say I'm 50%. I'm now looking at other vehicles. I'm building and pricing Wranglers and gladiators. I'm looking at Ram rebels. There are a lot of good incentives for example on the rebels 0% for 72 months.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm totally off.
Here in Canada a Base Bronco with Sasquatch is $52 000. I'm going with a XL Ranger with FX4 package, $38 000. And I'm guessing the Ranger will equally, if not more capible. Definitely more room and more versatile.

JackBNimble

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Trail Teams Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So bummed... I couldn't have been more excited about the new Bronco. I got my reservation in the second day due to the site crashing the first day. I was excited that I was going to take delivery in 2021 of my reserved WildTrak. All the pics and color combo's of the pre-release models really had me and everyone so excited.

Unfortunately now we have; no white hardtop, no color matching hardtop, roof rack limitations, limited non-matching interiors. I've just tried building out several models with different options and keep coming up with a $57K-$61K price tag for what I believe is a sub-par build of the Bronco I really wanted -- and I can't even come close to the "very cool" pre-builds examples that Ford teased us with.

Your spot on, that 3 year old GLS63 coming off-lease is looking really good. Hopefully I'm still interested in a year or two when Ford finally comes out with build options that can help me justify paying $60K for the Bronco I want to drive.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drove my friends 2021 stock Rubicon today, 4 door V6 MT. Both off-road and on the highway drive home. I was less than blown away. I think I'm solidly back on Bronco ground again.

I'm going to try to look on the bright side here. Fords shortcomings are keeping me from overspending. I would have upgraded to the Mod top and likely Sasquatch as well. I also probably would have gone a little crazy with factory optioned off-road lights, a winch, on-board air, roof rack accessories, pull out tray, etc.

But inability to order these things, overblown pricing and idiotic design elements means my build is pretty reasonably priced. I can do almost all those things, better, aftermarket.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those wanting to jump ship and make other plans, wouldn't it still be fun to build your model, order it, test it out when it comes in and then walk away? ....
No way in hell would I be giving a couple thousand dollar gift to any dealer so they can sell the Bronco at a profit. And if you did that you just screwed every single Bronco reservation holder than had a reservation after yours. Because they had to wait for your Bronco to be built so you could gift your dealer a Bronco they can sell at a profit.

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove my friends 2021 stock Rubicon today, 4 door V6 MT. Both off-road and on the highway drive home. I was less than blown away. I think I'm solidly back on Bronco ground again.

I'm going to try to look on the bright side here. Fords shortcomings are keeping me from overspending. I would have upgraded to the Mod top and likely Sasquatch as well. I also probably would have gone a little crazy with factory optioned off-road lights, a winch, on-board air, roof rack accessories, pull out tray, etc.

But inability to order these things, overblown pricing and idiotic design elements means my build is pretty reasonably priced. I can do almost all those things, better, aftermarket.
So you’re saying the Ruby sucked?

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pulled my reservation. Every time new information is released, it's another disappointment. The final blow for me was no mid-package with manual on anything other than Badlands. It's like they're doing everything they can to not sell manuals. So Ford is just forcing people into spending more money for at this point.
I'm gonna wait it out and see what issues arise with the new model. Having previously owned a new 2015 F-150 and a new 2014 Focus ST that both spent wayyy too much time at the dealership for various issues, I don't have much confidence in Ford right now.
I'll probably revisit the Bronco in a couple years when they're offering rebates / incentives and work out some of the inevitable issues.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you’re saying the Ruby sucked?
It's very capable off-road. In 4Lo, with the 4:1 TC, the gearing is so low we were starting in 3rd gear and driving in 4th. We didn't do anything so crazy that you could draw a definitive line between "SFA can do this and IFS can't" but it handled varied terrain easily. It felt comfortable over pretty bad washboard, which surprised me. The glaring difference I could notice was how level the cab stayed while going over off-camber trail sections. The SFA shines there.

When we got back on pavement it was just meh. It still kind of wanders around on the road, even after the steering TSB. The steering dead spot was decreased from a couple of inches of play to less than an inch. I think it then comes down to individual sensitivity to it. It still bothers me but my friend thinks it's fine. The SFA makes for a rougher sway heavy ride on pavement and it feels heavy going around turns.

I can only guess what the Bronco will feel like but the Rubi feels more like my heavily modified, lifted, on 34" tires, Xterra did, rather than a stock SUV on 33s. He's getting the MOPAR lift put on in November, so I'm going to drive it again after that.

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
Agree with you. We are in the same boat. Disappointed with Ford crazy prices!! we chose WT.
Sponsored