Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

GrahamB

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E550, MGA, 510
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the issue I have - there is only a few combinations that will look really good. Other combos we will see on the street will make people look at it and think that does not look so good. Therefore they will associate all Broncos with the mismatched colors or cloth seats.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still really want it. I know Levine said late availability items will be added later but their omission has unnerved me. I have a deep rooted fear that "late availability" now means MY22.

For me, that means compromising on the hardtop and DIYing a Sasquatch package. I haven't made up my mind whether I'm OK with that yet.

I did go build a 2021 Rubicon this morning so I guess I'm fence sitting where I wasn't before ...

OP
OP
GrahamB

GrahamB

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E550, MGA, 510
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the issue I have - there is only a few combinations that will look really good. Other combos we will see on the street will make people look at it and think that does not look so good. Therefore they will associate all Broncos with the mismatched colors or cloth seats.
Truth... totally on board with that thinking.

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For me it's not just the B&P issues, it's everything that has gone wrong with this launch.

• No X Plan (In fairness, I was pretty sure this wasn't going to be offered/honored on FEs anyway)
  • No Modular Top at launch
  • Navy Pier Interior
  • B&P issues
I'm having a reallllly hard time generating enough excitement to convert my first night FE reservation into an order at this point but I have told myself to step away for a day or two so that my judgement is not clouded by my current level of frustration. Hopefully this is a sign that I am finally maturing as in my younger days I have made knee jerk decisions while I was angry that came back to bite me in the ass.

DISCLAIMER - I am not bashing Ford here per se, but I think this whole thing could've been handled better.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
I am now, after seeing the B&P, with the options and model i would do, less of a value, so priicey-now i am back to considering the Defender 90, 4 year warranty so i am not as concerned with any sniggles that come out, and am happy driving a loaner if it is in the shop-still on the fence, and most likely will let my wife decide so we have peace in the crib.

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still really want it. I know Levine said late availability items will be added later but their omission has unnerved me. I have a deep rooted fear that "late availability" now means MY22.

For me, that means compromising on the hardtop and DIYing a Sasquatch package. I haven't made up my mind whether I'm OK with that yet.

I did go build a 2021 Rubicon this morning so I guess I'm fence sitting where I wasn't before ...
After building a bunch of different options and then hideous camo of wikdtrak, I also went an explored jeep this morning out of curiosity

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL just built a Gladiator. But I think I may just wait for MY2022

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went on Jeeps B&P this morning too so I can compare a rubicon and see if same ballpark price. The Jeep B&P made me feel good to be honest because their website was trash too so at least Ford has an excuse since it’s a new vehicle?

Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it's not just the B&P issues, it's everything that has gone wrong with this launch.

• No X Plan (In fairness, I was pretty sure this wasn't going to be offered/honored on FEs anyway)
  • No Modular Top at launch
  • Navy Pier Interior
  • B&P issues
I'm having a reallllly hard time generating enough excitement to convert my first night FE reservation into an order at this point but I have told myself to step away for a day or two so that my judgement is not clouded by my current level of frustration. Hopefully this is a sign that I am finally maturing as in my younger days I have made knee jerk decisions while I was angry that came back to bite me in the ass.

DISCLAIMER - I am not bashing Ford here per se, but I think this whole thing could've been handled better.
I am in the same exact boat as you. The other issue is no roof rack with the Sasquatch!? We take a lot of road trip, especially now with Covid and I can't imagine not having my cage up top to carry all my kids crap to the beach.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I original reserved the Badlands because I didn't know the actual cost of the WildTrek. After building both of them I am going to with the WildTrek I live in the desert and this set up will fit my needs perfectly.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the FE owners who should be major influencers with the top price tag and some level of rarity will be doing some damage with blue interior.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ok with everything but the interior options. I'm looking at a VB OBX and thinking "How in the hell are bronze and navy pier going to match that?" I'm dead set on the VB and on the OBX trim. I'm just not sure I can handle that much mismatched stuff, though.