Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience with the builder is that you can’t have a Sasquatch package with roof rails for some reason.
The Wildtrack has Sasquatch and 2.7 standard . I was able to add everything I wanted fine .
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on the fence in thinking my late reservation was late enough to take advantage of MY22 options. With so many "enthusiasts" whining for not getting everything they want, Ford's projection of 70% order conversion is wishful thinking. With many ready to cancel their reservation, Ford might have no problem delivering every reservation as a MY21.

DennisMurray

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My price estimates were pretty close to what actually came out, although my expectations of options are pretty lean. I was pleasantly surprised at the price of the 2.7 with AT compared to just an automatic transmission, and if that holds true I’d upgrade if I buy. I did find an unexplained price difference on the Black Diamond/Sasquatch that added about another $800 that I can’t figure out.

But it made the price way more concrete and at least put me back to some doubt of whether this is the best path to get me to a trail vehicle, or if I’m better off starting with a used truck and building.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. ...

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
In a couple years from now it will be a much better buy.

Sponsored

hbms17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My enthusiasm cliff dove after B&P.

I do not like that Ford displayed colors, interiors and images that are not on B&P.
I do not like that after the amount of time it took to launch B&P it is inaccurate and buggy.
I am losing confidence that Ford is prepared for this build. I was told by my Dad never by the first or last of anything. His advice is hitting me.
Announcing X plan is off the table just before B&P is off-putting.
Lack of attention by Ford to customer requests such as removable rear seats, color choices etc.
The issue with the black modular top is troubling. This was a standard offering on the WT and FE, the two high end options, and Ford can't deliver timely. I don't like the MIC top. And not sure it is modular. It makes no sense that a core component on the two high end options isn't ready.
Then the way B&P is structured, a buyer really does not have that many options. Too much is triggered toward high price mark ups. And many of the "options" are shrugs or could not care.
I am not cancelling my reservation.....yet. But I may make a second that pushes me into MY22, then by the Base and send it to an outfitter to build like I want. By then the info on the drive train should be coming in and the aftermarket should be coming to life. If I buy, I know Ford cost itself at least 15K because of how it structured the pricing and packages.

And at these prices, a frame off rebuild of a 5G is not out of the question. Or waiting to see if Chevrolet launches a new K5.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been fence sitting since day 1. Still considering a 4runner, just wish it had more power and better MPG. Fully optioned a badlands or wildtrack put me in TRD Pro range with admittedly more paper capability. I don't know I'm in a wait an see position right now, several small glitchy things on B&P I'm hoping get cleared up so I can make a decision. I'll still be moving my reservations to granger just in case.

Chuckster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to hold off deciding for sure until the work out the bugs in the site. However, based on the cost of the winch+mount and tow package, no synthetic winch line option, lack of roof rails/sound deadening on Sasquatch. no onboard air solution and the hard top roof situation I may cancel my reservation and buy something else or revisit the bronco for 2022 YM.
Bingo!

Bernatos

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got through page 1, everyone is all upset and bashing everything.....that we already knew..... Can't say I'm surprised. Doesn't really matter to me honestly. I originally reserved an OBX, decided I'm going to make the move to Badlands. Had what I thought was a reasonable price in my head knowing myself and how I like fancy stuff. Build came in under what I expected (due in part because of the modular top not being available). I then took into account the expected invoice discount through Stephens. And with what I'm planning to put down, it has me under budget. Leaving enough room for taxes and possible extended warantee to bring me in right about where I expected to be. I think that people just have unrealistic expectations for what they want and what it costs. Also a ton of unrealistic expectations for a BRAND NEW VEHICLE LAUNCH during a freaking global pandemic. I saw people losing their shit because one of the pages had a "gear ration" instead of a gear ratio listed. FFS, I fat finger letters on a keyboard all the time, get over yourselves and give it a rest. Also, the B&P roll out being pushed back probably had something to do with the fact that many of the initial planned offerings are being pushed to late availability from what I'm assuming is supply chain issues. Imagine if B&P went live a month ago with all these options, mansquatch or tops or whatever, and everyone had their builds printed and framed on their walls, and then someone was told they couldn't have it right away. MASS PANDEMONIUM!!!! Sorry if much of this was discussed already, I can only deal with reading so much negativity around here. So I just wanted to say I'm super excited, my expectations were right on point for pricing, and anyone that wants to go buy a jeep, or a defender, or a 20 year old G wagon or whatever, feel free. Just moves me right up the line....

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
Definitely was on the fence.... so much that after my disappointing B&P experience this morning, i wandered over to Toyota and configured a 4Runner. Came out about $10k less than a comprable Badlands... Then, I came to my senses... 4Runners are for soccer moms and so ubiquitous that there is one at every stoplight... Thus, I'm here again hitting the Bronco crackpipe...

What pissed me off was the limitation in what I can add to a build spec. i.e. Can't get roof rails on the Sasq Badlands as they get deleted as soon as you add an option that lifts the vehicle. Must be some type of regulatory or safety issue. I was bummed that I couldn't add roof rails to carry a kayak or MTB.... But, Im over it. I'll order them after the sale and install myself. If they fit on an unlifted Badlands, they will surely fit on a lifted (sasquatch) badlands. I just have to do it myself.

Bronco has culture and soul. Jap products (Toyota) are excellent, but lack the soul of an American classic. I remember like it was yesterday riding in an early 70's Bronco as a freshman in high school...in the 80s. Loved that old Bronco. That was my American Graffiti albeit in the era of Dazed and Confused.

Thus, I'm still in on the Bronco... My drive off price will be $61k... (T, T, T) assuming my dealer doesn't f*ck me with markups.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Presuming its not a bug..it was an unexpected surprise to see no charge for auto with 2.7 in the BL.
I am pushing though so I can get the black factory top.
As far as pricing goes I think it's fair.
I test drove a 21 Rubicon a week or so back and I didn't love it. The price is better than Bronco though.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's like the old saying goes, "If you wanna play, you gotta pay." And, Ford knows that. I'm staying though.

Last edited:

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was hoping for a Big Bend 2DR with manual and something like a cold weather package (I’m up in Alberta). I’m gonna wait to see how the Build & Price evolves but I’m on the fence about compromising to get right away (mod with aftermarket or trade in a couple years) or delay until MY22.