Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was always exploring options but pretty set on the Bronco (4dr BD) until B&P and the lack of accessories as well as the Manual/Mid covfefe.

Looking at a Gladiator, Taco TRD, Cybertruck, or waiting for ‘22 Bronco or word of a Hybrid Bronco.

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was absolutely all in until the trash interiors were released
And the change with the painted modular tops.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m out, reserved base model 4 door with Sasquatch, but at 43k and the taxes we pay on new vehicles here in Georgia (taxes get paid at time of purchase, then only $25 for tag renewal every year after that here) so be around $45-47k drive out....not worth it.
I don't blame you. Here in California our vehicle tax is slightly more than Georgia and it really doesn't make sense to go with anything other than a base model when it's all said and done, and even that comes out to more than I think it's worth. I wish our tags were $25.

Been monkeying around on the jeep site built one gladiator the tow package was unreal 240 amp alt ,Dana 44 front and rear ,4.10 gears , heavy duty cooling,trailer hitch and a bunch more for 1200 bucks .
I’m not jumping ship but this is all with a manual 3.6 for 33,400$ throw a lift and tires and you would have a stupid cool rig
After reading this I went to go build one and I totally agree. Very cool rig and that package also includes a Anti-Spin Rear Differential. If they offered a shorter 2 door version that would be icing on the cake.

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just wanted a black diamond with a stick and mid package. Honestly, the mid package is the minimum set of items needed to bring it into the 2010s. I don't like the idea of shelling out 50k for a badlands otherwise you're stuck with an OJ povert spec Bronco with 90s tech if you want a manual. At 50k, I'd rather buy a used g550.

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My price estimates were pretty close to what actually came out, although my expectations of options are pretty lean. I was pleasantly surprised at the price of the 2.7 with AT compared to just an automatic transmission, and if that holds true I’d upgrade if I buy. I did find an unexplained price difference on the Black Diamond/Sasquatch that added about another $800 that I can’t figure out.

But it made the price way more concrete and at least put me back to some doubt of whether this is the best path to get me to a trail vehicle, or if I’m better off starting with a used truck and building.
The extra $795 comes from the adding of the "Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement".

esgam

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX60
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those wanting to jump ship and make other plans, wouldn't it still be fun to build your model, order it, test it out when it comes in and then walk away? At least you get a test drive of what you'd theoretically want in a future model. Of course you're tying up $600 -$1100 for 6 months or so but you then get that money back (at least in CA), so it's not a big deal. You can also have a better idea of what you might be able to get for it if you were to buy and just flip it. Might be able to sell for $10K over what you pay. Someone please tell me why either of these ideas make no sense.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People need to relax and let them work the bugs out. I'm sure some stuff will be fixed and there will be stuff that will still piss people off. Don't get me wrong they did and absolute shit job with this release. By now we should all be used to Ford over promising stuff. Not saying it's right, but that's the shit they are pulling

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be the weird one, I actually like the BD interior colors.
I don't think you're the weird one at all. I think we lucked out. I love the BD interior. I do understand the issues people have with the stitching colors not matching with their chosen exterior color.

Sponsored

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will probably wait till 2022 once they fix the usual bugs of the first model year, and then have their annual $4-$5K Ford and friends discount.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are the execs doing right now? Sleeping well after many hours of sleepless nights leading up to the launch and post launch party with endless high fives, Can't sleep because they're reading this thread and are stunned, or Devastated and called an all-hands meeting to determine what went wrong and what they're going to do?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in Black Diamond area right now, so I wasn't too disappointed but it does seem like the higher trims got the more raw end of pricing. I was leaning toward velocity blue, but I think the interior trim on the BD is a different color of blue, which given the exposed paint surface on the inside, is going to drive me batballs crazy.
I wonder if you could remove the door panels and put a wrap on those body color areas in a better matching color?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are the execs doing right now? Sleeping well after many hours of sleepless nights leading up to the launch and post launch party with endless high fives, Can't sleep because they're reading this thread and are stunned, or Devastated and called an all-hands meeting to determine what went wrong and what they're going to do?
The way they have handled the bronco release this far they are probably sleeping thinking that they hit this release out of the park.

goog67

Base
First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted a Ranger so bad until the new Bronco was revealed.I'm just having a hard time getting over the fact that a base 4 door Bronco with Sasq in Canada is almost $60,000 before taxes.
A fully loaded and top of the line 4 door 4x4 Ranger here is around $51,000...I think I'll wait a year and see what changes happen with options (black/white MIC tops,engines) or prices.

Ford Bronco Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out? bandicam 2020-10-24 02-37-19-465
Sponsored