Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What a fiasco.

Choosing manual trans requires removing mid package? So you can't get dual control temp and heated seats with manual transmission all because they included remote start in mid???

This whole deal is ridiculous. I expected a lot more from Ford.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What a fiasco.

Choosing manual trans requires removing mid package? So you can't get dual control temp and heated seats with manual transmission all because they included remote start in mid???

This whole deal is ridiculous. I expected a lot more from Ford.
You expected more from Ford? They have mishandled the whole bronco release?. I was expecting a complete f**ck up with a small hope the b&p would be done correctly.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the issue I have - there is only a few combinations that will look really good. Other combos we will see on the street will make people look at it and think that does not look so good. Therefore they will associate all Broncos with the mismatched colors or cloth seats.
This is a real concern.

Even the base jeeps look decent. The colors all match, they have nice wheels, all have the signature grill, etc.

They have rolled some terrible looking pre-production Broncos out.

The news that we're all stuck with the grey MIC top was a killer.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been mulling over this all day and really need to sleep on it but yes, I am very much on the fence now.

Just too many little things adding up to making me feel like this is not really worth the hassle for MY21 but my current car also isn't likely to last me until MY22, so I'm starting to look elsewhere...

Heated steering wheels only on Lux package
Even if I go OBX and get Lux, no option for marine vinyl seats
Step rails only on OBX, no option on other models
Backseat floor vents
MIC top
Weird interior colors not matching when I look at other models
MIC top
No X-plan
MIC top

And really just the overall rollout making the MY22 options better than the comeback version. It just makes it less exciting. I don't want the slopped together, didn't have time to do more version. If I could hold out until MY22, I'd probably wait, but logistically that can't happen for me.

So now I sleep on it. Can I get over the above things? Do I want a vehicle where I have to be less than excited and getting over things when I'm spending more on it than any other vehicle I've owned?
I understand. My Dodge Ram has 200,000 miles and the transmission is starting to slip. It will be interesting to see if it holds together until my newest reservation (MY22) gets here.
I am most likely going to have to sink money into the truck or go get a beater.
But, I will make do with whatever I have to, until MY BRONCO gets here. (MY BRONCO = 2 door without ugly ass grey top)

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the fence? No not at all, but that does not mean I am so emotionally invested in the new Bronco that I can not or will not walk away and purchase from Ford's primary competitor - Jeep.

I was a solid WT buyer, but like many of you just could not get my head around the color and pattern choices in the WT. Nothing wrong with two tone, unusual patterns or clashing colors if you are trying to be avant-garde, but then leave it to your customer to mix and match from a broader pallet of choices vs. locking them into essentially one choice in the WT. I even considered staying with the WT model and recovering the seats, but that would add several thousand more dollars to an already expensive (for me) vehicle.

I am hopeful Ford will make what should be an easy adjustment and add some other color and pattern choices for the WT. If they do, I'll come back and place my order. If they don't, that leaves me with choosing the Badlands, which is a great vehicle too. The BL mainstream color choice is appealing to me, but I really didn't want or need MGV, or leather, or some of the other cool features of the BL that I'll just never use or need.

So still not on the fence, but I am building and looking at other choices offered by Ford competitors - something I wasn't doing until yesterday.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsored
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a Canadian it's discouraging to see the trucks price go up to 60k on an outer Banks or badlands. I need a new one come spring. Now looking at this and thinking I probably won't see one in my driveway for at least another year is full blown discouraging. I'll probably still buy one but who knows come spring

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is kind of a midlife crisis car for me, so Ford has got me with wanting a Jeep but not buying a Jeep product, plus I grew up in Broncos so it’s nostalgia too. They have got me to bump up to the 2-door Badlands for the manual and mid package, but honestly it’s kind of what I wanted anyway because of the lockers and sway bar disconnect as I want to take this thing on some adventures. Bummed that the accessories weren’t more reasonable (WARN wench and light bars), but I think the aftermarket will make everything I want way more affordable.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Early and late reservation here. I wouldn't mind waiting if I had ANY confidence that Ford was going to offer different interior and\or exterior options for a MY22.

I know Ford SOP is to not comment on future product lines. However, I think they need to communicate out what the different color combos and options are (if any) for '22 sooner rather than later. If they say no changes to '22s beyond getting what was promised for '21s then I can make a much more informed decision about what to do with these reservations.
I agree with you on all points. I have an early reservation# and am contemplating cancelling that one and getting a new reservation for a MY2022 at this point as it will have better color choices and options for the top which have already been announced by Ford and I assume better exterior and interior color options as well. My only concern going with the MY2022 will be the inevitable increase in MSRP and also the increase in price of the option packages as well.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s funny because after looking at the Ford B & P , I went to the Jeep site and started to look at them.

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went on Jeeps B&P this morning too so I can compare a rubicon and see if same ballpark price. The Jeep B&P made me feel good to be honest because their website was trash too so at least Ford has an excuse since it’s a new vehicle?
i agree, was surprised at how clunky Jeeps website it. I priced out a Jeep comparable to my Bronco build and it cost the same.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been debating all of this hard
The good thing about potentially waiting til a MY 2022 possibly more options and supplier issues will be worked out but I’m pretty damn sure the prices will only go up.. so there is always a damn trade off...I’m going to wait and see if stuff is added to the BP and if crazy shit like no roof rails on a squatch BD is corrected because if I can add them to a WT why can’t I do the same to the BD..

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think you're the weird one at all. I think we lucked out. I love the BD interior. I do understand the issues people have with the stitching colors not matching with their chosen exterior color.
I’m trying to figure out if the BD interior will go with A51.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Patiently holding out for a 22MY squatch manual. Biggest gripe is the B/O system is not a stand alone option like other manufacturers make their higher end audio and the lack of roof rails on said squatch.
I figure, worst case if it’s not a bug/glitch, we can just order the rails after the fact.
Sponsored