Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

defpat5

Black Diamond
First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape SE 2.0
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was 100% over the fence to buy in September. Between the xplan drop, production delays due to add ons, and a very lack luster/bugged out BP launch after months of delays, October completely punted me back to the other side with a hard no on MY21. Maybe next year...
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to figure out if the BD interior will go with A51.
I think it will look good
That’s my same color choice for the BD

BuckeyeBrown

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After B&P I’m thinking...
  • Keep the Canyon shined up
  • Put in a pool for the money
  • Wait about 3-4 yrs..
  • Buy certified used Squatched V6 22’ or 23’ Bronco w/ low miles, actual black, white or paint matched top, silver grill, wash out floor, marine vinyl seat, interior finishes that don’t offend/mismatch, matching exterior plastics, upgrades that someone else will pay full price.
  • Be jealous of everyone driving new Broncos while getting a sunburn at the pool.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
all i can say is one word - Katzkin

1WildBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My immediate feeling is irritation because I'm compromising very basic things like roof color, mod top, etc. I was very patient through this entire process, understanding potential obstacles Ford might be encountering but I'm honestly on the fence now. I think Ford has a great design here, but there are definitely oddities sprinkled all over the Bronco. Additionally, if bugs and gremlins are discovered after purchase, that wouldn't put me in a very happy place!

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all i can say is one word - Katzkin
Downside is if you want power seats you lay $2000 for it just to rip off the awful leather option Ford gave you to put on Katzskin. If you don’t care about power seats then this is the right option.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it just has me trying to justify 8k to go up from the base to the BD to get the mid. Either way I'm going to feel like I shorted myself

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Downside is if you want power seats you lay $2000 for it just to rip off the awful leather option Ford gave you to put on Katzskin. If you don’t care about power seats then this is the right option.
true- i'm going the route of cheaper vehicle (BB) and then do katzkins, lights, steps, brush guard, etc. and really make it my own- maybe even some graphics. so for me it's about the car being a bit of a blank canvas. i'm so late to the game that godwilling aftermarket stuff will be out when i get mine or else i'll not pull the trigger, that's how much i don't like what's on the b&P. i'm still shocked by how far behind the jeep this vehicle is in terms of no body color tops, ugly wheels, crap interiors, etc. we should all do ourselves a favor and don't go to jeep build and price anytime soon because what ford is putting out on this B&P is pretty basic.

Sponsored

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I’m spending $55k on a vehicle, I am getting exactly what I want. With the Bronco, I’m having to compromise. A lot. No white top, no roof rails or sound deadening with squatch, ugly interiors, etc etc. Coupled with the way Ford has mislead us, communicated so poorly, and how I’ll-prepared they are for production, I’m close to jumping ship. I’ve always wanted a Bronco and I love the design of the Bronco, but there are red flags galore.

KozMQZ

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
51k BL, CG, 2dr, got everything built... but with no inexpensive power seat options... no white top... really just the white top... walking away from a 7/14 reservation for 2021... waiting for later model year or not at all... my thought is if they offer it later... can wait... 51k is a bit of a reach... my wife will run this thing non stop for her job... all kinds of terrain... these things matter

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The extra $795 comes from the adding of the "Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement".
I think it actually comes from the auto transmission. If you add the 10 speed first, then the Sasquatch, you’ll see the total price at the bottom change by $4195. I suspect that this is the raw price of the Sasquatch without the 10 speed. 4195 + 1595 = 5790

Ford Bronco Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out? 5C72BEEC-75D4-432B-A240-4D8B1B2E3572

Ford Bronco Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out? 313A9889-F968-4BA1-94E7-9636419E8E95

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m definitely OFF the fence. Thought my preferred build would be $53k, it came in at $52.4. The Granger deal is the real savior on price. I’m even thinking of making it a vacation road trip with my boy rather than having it shipped.

The other area where I fell off the fence was build. Looking at images, I finally decided that I can’t spend $45k+ and not get the 12” screen. That ruled out an otherwise perfect BD (I mean that too, BD is where it’s at for sure). Wildtrack ended up being a visual mess. Badlands thus emerged as the perfect build for me.

My only remaining decision is color. CG is in the lead, wife and kids want A51, Velocity Blue is a total dark horse right now (like down 5 but entering Amen corner while the other two are in the clubhouse).

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model