Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m thinking ranger with tremor package. In cactus gray. Does everything I want. And has utility I like. I’d probably never take top off if I’m being honest so what’s the point.
Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No manual for the 2.7? I’m shutting down the reservation...unless you walk to queens and get me a sugar cookie...

MIC top? I’m shutting down the reservation....unless you walk to jersey and get a picture of a midget with these balloons...

Hacksaw

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm out.

For me, it was a culmination of factors:

Not going to get until likely in the Fall (late July Reservation)
Black interior - I live in the south, and the idea of dark seats in a vehicle with doors and roof off sounds miserable where I live.

Started to look at what else was out there. Found a vehicle where they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Figure I'll drive that for a couple years, and then see where they are with the Bronco.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup. I do feel for people that REALLY care about interiors because the Wildtrak/OBX interiors definitely leave something to be desired. But if that’s the case, vote with your wallet and go with the badlands or black diamond IMO. If there isn’t a single interior you like, then either deal with it or wait until further refinements come down the line.

I honestly think that is the main place Ford screwed up, is that the lower trims are better than the higher trims. My dad would “usually” be an OBX buyer, but the black diamond MGV seats are close enough to leather for him, and significantly cheaper.
I originally put my reservation in for a Wildtrak, since everything I would've liked on a Bronco came stock, color I wanted and I could tolerate the extra 'baggage' that the Mid package tacked on. Then the interior walk-thru video happened and I went to the B&P at the my earliest convenience after my weekend shift.

I did builds for BL, BB, BD and Base, compared what they brought to the table, what each had as far as unique to those models, and their price as far as how I would option/build them.

I love the look ('squatch & non-'squatch) and interior of BL and set those builds as zero point for my cost/budget and having what I want or would like.

I did the BD 'squatched and it came in $3k under BL and it still had the color I would like.

I then did a 'squatched' Wildtrak semi-clone (BB) that came in roughly $4k under the BL. I lost the color I would like, but gained some aftermarket flexibility and half of the signature lighting.

Finally, I did a Base build with Sasquatch, floor mats and Aux switches. It came in at a whopping 10k under the BL and I was floored.
Sure, I give up some creature comforts, compared to the other models, and can't get the main color I wanted, but the blank canvas price and aftermarket flexibility it brings has brought me to my current standing on what I'm going to order. It's biggest drawback is the wait for aftermarket to catch up.

In the end, I'm still in and going to order, just not what I had originally put a reservation in on. My reservation falls after the Sept line in the sand Ford had drawn for '21 M.Y. so I may luck out and see some changes or refinements that may/will get announced.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am seriously considering jumping back on the Jeep bandwagon at this point. Yes the Bronco by all means appears to be a better vehicle, but I am really disappointed with the results after the B&P. My BL jumped 10k in price and I even have to throw in rock rails as an option. Originally I read somewhere rock rails were included with the BL. None the less, I need to rethink this entire purchase. Really love the car but that price climbs really fast and you really can't cherry pick what you want as an option. Pick this you need to upgrade the package/ How about let me pick this and that without needing all this other BS stuff.
I would wait a couple years for better options, rebates and discounts, but please don't settle for a Jeep.

I had a JL Rubicon and I will never get a Jeep again. I didn't have any problems with the Jeep (other than bad frame welds and constant steering corrections on freeway) when I sold it, but I hated dealing with any Jeep dealer and FCA won't do anything about it). Never again!

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much bigger does the two door feel than a 2 door jeep. Just looking for your opinion.
Can't say for sure as the two Broncos I saw were both 4 doors. According to the specs the 2 door is a little bit shorter than my Subaru Crosstrek so that is pretty good for me. Specs show the 2 door Jeep length at 166.8 and the Bronco at 173.7 so 6.9 inches longer for the Bronco.

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im definitely on the opt out side (just barely) at this point. Firstly, I will never take the top off and having a vehicle that is meant to do that is not great if you don't. Also, Ford seems to be really banking on this vehicle and nickel and diming on things that should be standard (rear locker) shows that. Lastly, I keep reading about Ford's coming financial apocalypse within the next 5-10 years. Likely? I have no idea. But, if they did go bankrupt, my resale value might take a hit to say the least :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the announcement of the 392 Wrangler, and it likely being available before the bronco...its getting harder to accept some of the nonsense ford strapped to this revival.

Holding out hope for some kind of change on the Bronco interior...but between the interior/top/expansion of FE production/probably not being able to see one in person before purchase/etc...it might be hard to follow through with ordering

Starting to lean even more towards out on this
Interior and top are both issues for me, but I wouldn't buy a Jeep. There are other choices I'd be interested in.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
Nope. You're the only one. Conversion rate is going to be 99.99999%, all because you had to drop out.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm out.

For me, it was a culmination of factors:

Not going to get until likely in the Fall (late July Reservation)
Black interior - I live in the south, and the idea of dark seats in a vehicle with doors and roof off sounds miserable where I live.

Started to look at what else was out there. Found a vehicle where they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Figure I'll drive that for a couple years, and then see where they are with the Bronco.
If Ford would only put a black interior with power seats in Outer Banks, 50% of my issues would be gone.

Sponsored

FastTurtle

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford would only put a black interior with power seats in Outer Banks, 50% of my issues would be gone.
Interiors, options & limited choices pushed me off the ledge. Decided I will get a hybrid F150 FX4 as my beach, tailgating, and camping daily driver for now, and see where the Bronco stands in a couple of years. This will refresh my '12 FX4, and the power generator option will be very useful - 24 MPG city don't hurt either!

I will definitely follow along here though, can't wait to see some Broncos in the wild.

MikeBravo

Badlands
First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
Personally, I am on the fence as a result of B&P - Mainly because of the limited interior options vs what was showcased in the teasers and the disqualification of the x-plan. For me, it will ultimately come down to how well they lease (not comfortable with a full purchase just yet). These types of vehicles typically drive a strong resale value which in theory should mean they lease well. So, like you, I do still "want" one, but it's starting to make less and less sense to pull the trigger and take a risk on a year 1 relaunch model if Ford doesn't share the risk with its fans in the form of something, anything!

I hear you on the increase in price once optioned out, but it's priced very competitively in comparison to an equally equipped Wrangler. The difference is Jeep drives a significantly high resale value, which results in great lease incentives, and could set up to potentially have equity if you opt to trade in a Wrangler vs turning in the lease at maturity.

Ford clearly listened to its audience and designed a vehicle, which till now, outperforms the Wrangler in function and design, but that remains to be proven over time. This brings me back to my first point, from my perspective, the risk scale is heavily weighted towards the buyer otherwise it would be an easy decision.

Open to opinions, I could be looking at this all wrong...

Final thought, I find a bit of solace in knowing things could change and there's time...

Last edited:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess I'm in the minority - all I want is a convertible/modular/capable 4x4 SUV that isn't a train wreck in terms of safety and reliability (cough....Wrangler....cough). Will be keeping it simple with a base 4dr, MIC HT, aux switch package, add some good wheels/tires, and be on my way. No fancy safety features, no NASA AI level advanced 4x4, no uber-tech on a giant screen to be outdated in a few years anyway, etc. Will be around $38K by my estimates, which seems pretty inexpensive for what you get. So yes, I'm still 100% in.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess I'm in the minority - all I want is a convertible/modular/capable 4x4 SUV that isn't a train wreck in terms of safety and reliability (cough....Wrangler....cough). Will be keeping it simple with a base 4dr, MIC HT, aux switch package, add some good wheels/tires, and be on my way. No fancy safety features, no NASA AI level advanced 4x4, no uber-tech on a giant screen to be outdated in a few years anyway, etc. Will be around $38K by my estimates, which seems pretty inexpensive for what you get. So yes, I'm still 100% in.
Same here, still 100% in as of now, the only thing that could change that is a major safety concern. I want a convertible suv with some off-road capability for the beach and camping that is safe for my family. First car was an '86 Bronco II, so some nostaglia there, I'm from detroit, grandfather was a ford retiree. Would like some of the additional tech and safety features but not necessarily looking to blow up what i was hoping to spend by $10k for them. So I'll just deal and make my decisions accordingly, but am not going to bail because of a couple items i might not consider perfect to my tastes.
Sponsored

Last edited: