Sponsored

Anyone order sound deadening headliner for MIC? Wouldn't this be a waste if you later replace with Modular?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So before the announcement that the modular top was going to be delayed, I was all onboard to pay for the optional sound deadening material for the hardtop. Now we have MIC as the only option, however I do want to get the modular black painted hardtop as soon as its available. I have never had a vehicle with a removable hard top so I have a rather dumb question; could this be transferred from MIC to the modular top? I suspect that it would be more trouble than it is worth... Regardless, I am hoping we can add it to the modular one. Guess we will find out the difference between the too soon enough...
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes a waste, and if you're getting a 4 door I would go soft top and wait if you intend to switch tops later.

I think the sound insulation is a little pricey - similar to the Jeep cost, but pricey compared to aftermarket. I'll be adding it on mine, but if you can't (due to Squatch) or are waiting for a modular as a part order later - it isn't hard to do, and you could save a few $$ doing it yourself aftermarket.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes a waste, and if you're getting a 4 door I would go soft top and wait if you intend to switch tops later.

I think the sound insulation is a little pricey - similar to the Jeep cost, but pricey compared to aftermarket. I'll be adding it on mine, but if you can't (due to Squatch) or are waiting for a modular as a part order later - it isn't hard to do, and you could save a few $$ doing it yourself aftermarket.
Thanks for the tips. That sounds like a plan. I B&P a Wildtrack last night but the full soft top wasn't an option. I was thinking of going that route though. I will have to go back and check. I bet there are some DIY kits that are even better, but for less $$, than the factory sound deadening system.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) Any clue as to when modular painted top comes out? Still says 2021 but Ok can see then screwing us and making it 2022 model?
2) Does the 2 door customers get screwed on price since MIC now standard so when you get the modular top there's no discount for not getting MIC during build?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet there are some DIY kits that are even better, but for less $$, than the factory sound deadening system.
You'll probably be able to buy something from Boom Mat at around $200 but there is some value added from the factory installing it and being under warranty if the heat causes the adhesive to start letting go .

Sponsored

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is the Sound Deadening not available on the 4dr 2.7??

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish the FE had a softop option as I dont want MIC nonpainted one!

Sponsored

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Badlands 2.7 4dr it shows not available

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the stand alone sound deadening in addition to the sound deadening included in the high package?

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the stand alone sound deadening in addition to the sound deadening included in the high package?
Yes, the headliners are attached to the MIC hard top panels specifically. The extra sound dampening in the high package will likely target sources of noise from other places on the body, perhaps the wheel wells (no details yet).

Does anyone have an opinion on sound dampening headliners for 2 door broncos? Worth it since you'll have the hard top standard? Could you transfer the headliners to a colored top later if you swapped? While I'm at it, do you think Ford would let us trade our MIC hard top for a color top later on?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hotheads headliners is by far and away better than the Jeep offered product. Thats the direction Iā€™ll be going if I convince the wife to buy her $63k bronco and drive it around with a soft top that she wont be able to raise/lower herself (more so raise being 5ā€™1ā€), not touching the windows during the CO winter and patiently wait a long time to score a modular top at a price thatā€™ll be significantly higher than the original dual top option at time of order. Or to drive it with a soft top until the new 4runner is released. Probably have a better chamce of getting the new 4runner before Ford can deliver the top post bronco sale.
Sponsored