Sponsored

Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Just ordered a kit to test on my wife's new Rav4 Prime.

I got a quote to wrap the Bronco in the XPEL stuff, $6K. Nope.
I did some research when we ordered our Bronco and the average Wrangler is 2500-3500 it seems. Can't see why it would be twice the cost when its an easier install. Fenders are removable, doors don't have a frame and the doors don't have exterior hinges.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did some research when we ordered our Bronco and the average Wrangler is 2500-3500 it seems. Can't see why it would be twice the cost when its an easier install. Fenders are removable, doors don't have a frame and the doors don't have exterior hinges.
Thanks, good to know. I'll figure it out after I actually have the Bronco.

BTW, cancelled my impulse buy for the Adam's coating. Some of the reviews weren't promising.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m looking at quotes for professional application and depending on product it’s from $600 to $1500. Does this sound right? They claim it lasts for years.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed! Hardly any complex contours to deal with either. $6K for something with swoops and curves, sure, but a bunch of flat slabs like the Bronco is one of the easiest PPF applications there is. Seems crazy high to me.

Sponsored

Bucknerj81

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, BMW X3, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

save your money. adams graphene sucks. i rather use the new turtle wax hybrid pro solutions instead of adams. the adams does not live up to the hype. at 40-70 for the adams graphne vs. 20ish for the tw hybrid pro solutions. here is your comparison as well.

It funny you say that... I use the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic line on my 14 Cadillac CTS. It looks amazing. It’s holds up very well. Totally worth the money. I was reading that the Adam’s was even better. I guess I really have no reason to switch, but I was looking for something to last 2-3 years over just 1 with the turtle wax.

Ford Bronco Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? D62ED331-A87B-47F5-B03B-9674E02CA43A

Last edited:

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have seen several videos, including the one posted here and adams has consistently shown to be a very good product. Some people just like to hate on them for some reason. I have used their products on my last 3 cars and had great results.

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pinstripes are signs of a loved 4x4

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like the only paint protection I'll be able to afford is some nice loppers and a ryobi hedge trimmer.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally can't justify the cost for a professionally applied ceramic coating. However, there are a number of DIY coatings, that while IMO are not up to the professionally applied ceramic coatings, do way better than natural or synthetic waxes. Sure I'll need to reapply it every couple years rather than a "lifetime" warranty, but I'm ok with that for the difference in cost. There are tons of YouTube videos comparing various DIY options. Many of the better ones can be had with discount codes for <$50 vs something like ceramic pro for ~$1200. It's my understanding that a good portion of the pro cost is the paint correction prep work they do. However, on a brand new vehicle with hopefully minimal "damage" from the dealer prep and the drive home, I'm comfortable with, and capable of doing, that.

Sponsored

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base

That's what I'm thinking. Could get a paint job for that amount!... In 10 years or so.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yall spend your weekends polishing your show ponys ill be out using mine ,wash evry now and then wax once a year good to go.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It funny you say that... I use the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic line on my 14 Cadillac CTS. It looks amazing. It’s holds up very well. Totally worth the money. I was reading that the Adam’s was even better. I guess I really have no reason to switch, but I was looking for something to last 2-3 years over just 1 with the turtle wax.

Ford Bronco Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? D62ED331-A87B-47F5-B03B-9674E02CA43A
Hybrid solutions is great! I use it on my current car (black paint) and the surface beads really well after 6 - 8 months. I plan on using this on my Big Bend.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m looking at quotes for professional application and depending on product it’s from $600 to $1500. Does this sound right? They claim it lasts for years.
I have a guy here in the DFW area who has detailed my cars and is a wizard at paint correction and removing other knuckleheads’ buffer swirl marks and did my X7 with Opticoat PaintGuard with the three year warranty for around $600 as I recall from June of last year. The X7 needed no paint correction, just a once over to get the swirl marks out. They send it into Carfax too so if God forbid you have an accident and need body work the reapplication of their product is documented and will be covered. I had another shop say they needed my X7 for three days and quoted $2500. [email protected] is the guy I use. Not sure if Ford does anything to prep/buff new cars but I’ll be telling them not to touch it.
Ford Bronco Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? 9CC261C5-60FB-4870-A61D-A6FF85969FC3

Last edited:

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following up from my post in March, been trying out the Turtlewax Graphene infused flex wax. Seems alright, easy to apply, we get comments on our shiny cars. I did the deep clean, clay bar, polish, then a coat of this stuff. Now I just spray twice per panel when drying and it looks pretty good. A quick rinse in between washes gets the vehicles 70% clean. Fine for street vehicles and RVs, it's so thin there is no way it will protect the paint from any type of abuse. I'll keep using it, may start with this day 1 and figure it out from there. With the lucky few taking deliveries soon, hopefully we hear what others end up doing.

Ford Bronco Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? Inked20210620_095514 - Copy_LI
Sponsored